Author Topic: oh Drama!  (Read 18341 times)

March 30, 2005, 04:06:34 PM
Read 18341 times

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
man when i saw this thread i thought i saw something out of the ordinary... >_<

[attachmentid=1049]

« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:11:06 PM by Settler »

March 30, 2005, 04:13:33 PM
Reply #1

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I KNEW IT!

Nice 'shopping  :p The underscore is a bit short though

EDIT: I just read the other post, after posting. >_< The irony has hit me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 04:27:05 PM by Manta »

March 30, 2005, 05:29:58 PM
Reply #2

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The irony of my sig has hit me.

o_O

:(
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 30, 2005, 05:55:57 PM
Reply #3

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
April fools isn't until tomorrow, but if this all turns out to be true, I, (and im sure everyone else) will be extremely dissapointed.  <_<

March 30, 2005, 06:05:05 PM
Reply #4

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
Actually April Fool's isn't till Friday.  Either this is badly timed( I doubt it) or its real.  
I still can't believe Devil would do something like that.  Hacking is easy, keeping a persona of a nice guy for over a year and then revealing you true angry nature, thats the hard part.  

I'll admit I liked the guy and whish he wasn't banned, I wish he was joking or somesetup, if it isn't then keep him banned.

March 30, 2005, 06:17:59 PM
Reply #5

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Wait... what's this about?

EDIT: Just read the announcement.... 2+2=Chair...

but seriously, wtf?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 06:19:15 PM by Uranium - 235 »

March 30, 2005, 06:27:10 PM
Reply #6

Ubermaus

• Lerker

• View Profile
Hacking is easy, keeping a persona of a nice guy for over a year and then revealing you true angry nature, thats the hard part.
[snapback]44879[/snapback]
The guy in a CS community I used to play with (Blueyonder UK) who kept everyone up-to-date with all the anti-cheat stuff in the guise of being a helpful chap trying to keep the servers safe turned out to be cheating his arse off. I think that tops HD's business.

March 30, 2005, 06:29:06 PM
Reply #7

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
If anyone is confused by whats going on (U-235) Look in the dev/null forum.  Quick summery from word of mouth: Vinnie has been specing devil for over a month and has evidence that he is hacking.  Devil is now banned because of the evidence  His responses are in dev/null.

March 30, 2005, 06:29:56 PM
Reply #8

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
The poor poor knifelist...
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 30, 2005, 06:50:16 PM
Reply #9

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
rage...
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

March 30, 2005, 07:00:57 PM
Reply #10

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
My first reaction was april fools too.

If not, hes the nicest hacker ive ever known  <3

March 30, 2005, 07:23:14 PM
Reply #11

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
HD, if you ever get to read this:

First of all, f*** you.

I cannot believe that you've done this, and I would be one of those on your side defending had the evidence not been so overwhelming. You, of all people. You, a server admin, one of the oldest members of the community, probably one of THE most respected players by me. That respect is gone now, it went down a one-way road - it's not coming back. Any skill that you might have that's not downloaded, is now ignored.

You are an NSPlayer in my eyes, and I'm sure in many others' as well.

You are nobody.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 03:52:43 PM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 30, 2005, 07:41:08 PM
Reply #12

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Not commenting too much as of yet, but this seems... odd. However, if we wanted to verify that RS holders and admins aren't above the law, I think this proved it.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 30, 2005, 07:52:07 PM
Reply #13

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yeesh. That was pretty unexpected.

March 30, 2005, 08:57:41 PM
Reply #14

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Yeah. I remember playing with him on the server just this morning (or maybe last night), and I come back from lunch to see that he has been banned for hacking.

March 30, 2005, 09:56:26 PM
Reply #15

GreenGround

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
April fools isn't until tomorrow, but if this all turns out to be true, I, (and im sure everyone else) will be extremely dissapointed.  <_<
[snapback]44878[/snapback]

I am gonna agree with X-S-Z on this one, it seems all to fishy but hey come tomorrow the next couple days if it is true then we can all feel better that we actually didnt get owned by some we all thought was skilled.

But now with this happening will this start a possible witchhunt?

March 30, 2005, 11:05:12 PM
Reply #16

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
greenground, that whole witchhunt idea is exactly WHY i hate hacking with a passion.

A few years ago, i played CS on 26.4k dialup, with 250-350 average ping.  That's a difficult playing environment.  I probably averaged 4-6+ hours of CS a day.  I played like that for 1-2 years.  I got to the point where, once i was warmed up and used to an individual server's ping, could maybe get a 2-1 ratio, perhaps better, depending on the map and other factors.

(edit:  a 2-1 ratio doesn't sound like much, if you've never played on dialup.  If you want to get some perspective, try finding a server with 300 ping, and pulling a 1-2 ratio.  and then try again, because you've still got a long way to go.)

Basically, in a random pub, i would get banned for hacking somewhat reliably.  simply because i was "too good to be legit on dialup."  Extra problematic for dialup, because with a 200 ping possible only in the best of circumstances, the number of servers that can be connected to is SEVERELY limited.

Moral of the story:  Have i ever hacked?  No.  Will i ever hack?  No, playing to improve personal skill is pointless if skill is not used.  Have i been punished unfairly because of hacks?  repeatedly.  Why have i been treated as such?  Because of **** like this here, today.  I agree with 2_of_8's sentiments entirely, pre-edit.

Thx HD, i hate you now.  from the bottom of my gut.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:08:20 PM by Slink »
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

March 30, 2005, 11:31:55 PM
Reply #17

Absinthe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
If he does in fact cheat, I feel pretty bad for him cuz he was never THAT good in the first place. I may be speaking for myself, but he's far from one of the best players I've seen on this server. I never had any personal issues with the guy, but he seemed to be everyones idol on here pre-ban and I could never figure out why. I've seen guys WITH walls in CAL play 10x better than that. Maybe it's was because he wasn't an ass in game, at least there I tilted my hat towards him.

Another one bites the dust.. cheers.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

March 30, 2005, 11:56:19 PM
Reply #18

DarkScythe

• Skulk

• View Profile
the first time i played on lm, HD was there owning everyone and i thought hey this server has a lot of skilled players, and as HD is owning all of us repeatedly, i'll set a goal to get at least on par with him

that and he was never really an ass in game unless u were breaking some rules

that's why i thought he was a cool guy, and playing here so much really has helped me improve.. but this is just..

i still can't really believe it  :(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:58:51 PM by DarkScythe »

March 31, 2005, 01:58:51 AM
Reply #19

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
burn baby, burn.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet