Author Topic: THE april fools prank.  (Read 10868 times)

March 29, 2005, 12:41:14 PM
Reply #40

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I shall remain.... silent.

If we over do it, it'll be blown. I'd say the admins make a simple announcement, but keep it hush hush. I mean, it'd be embarrassing to have an admin banned for hacking. Put a topic in IRC to keep the chatter to a minimum, just have LB back up the ban post with a hardline stance on hacking in the LM community.

I'd just hate for alot of theatre and everyone figure it out...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 01:11:08 PM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 29, 2005, 04:00:43 PM
Reply #41

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, Rad is right about over doing. We need to finalize who if anyone will be banned besides HD. Who's going to complain about him being banned/stick up for him?

I won't mind getting banned since I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back until late Friday or early Saturday. So I won't miss out. :p You guys do need to save what people say so I can read it when I get back.

I also recorded a demo of HD now and he said he'd do some weird things, which he did. It won't prove that he's hacking though. You can use them if you want. Only thing is it might be rather laggy. I'll put it up in a bit.

EDIT: There's 2 demos and I need someone to host them. One 4.5 MB and the other's 6.5 MB.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 04:02:48 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 29, 2005, 04:06:57 PM
Reply #42

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
more than HD being banned?  that would kill it.  It is just supposed to be him I thought.

And Mal I can host it - email them to me - grayducky@gmail  (note the y - some bastard already had grayduck).

I'm going to act like I have no clue if I'm around when 'it' happens.  that'll be my role (and I'm good at pretending to not know :p)

March 29, 2005, 04:35:07 PM
Reply #43

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
yea lets go with just me, everyone seems to not know about me hacking anyway. male/gray: let me review the demos first, i want to make sure nothing about the joke was mentioned over admin chat during them

March 29, 2005, 04:40:40 PM
Reply #44

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I'll link 'em here if mal gets 'em to me.

And to CMA - when I say "I'll host" I mean I'll host in the space provided to me by this great guy who's name also has a color in it.

March 29, 2005, 05:27:25 PM
Reply #45

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Before this whole scheme fails and the swearing begins, I'll cover my ass: I'm too busy for this stuff. I have a werewolf game to organize. So there.
[snapback]44493[/snapback]

And I just don't like talking to people.

March 29, 2005, 09:07:47 PM
Reply #46

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ok, Duck, you should have them. I sent another one because I didn't think the first one went through right, but then it seemed like it did. So tell me if they aren't the right size.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 29, 2005, 11:12:35 PM
Reply #47

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
So, to gather this all into one post, this is what I've gathered from the thread and some of my own ideas...

Today (30th), vinnie gets on and starts specing, eventually bans HD for hacking.
HD brings an argument to #lm and claims he was banned form admin channel.
HD gets banned from #lm.
It heads to the PR forum and HD proceeds to get banned from the forums.
31st comes, and we stay hushhush about it.
Then on April 1st any and all traces of the banning are removed from public view and we all deny it ever happened. >:D

anything else?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 11:13:17 PM by A Boojum Snark »

March 29, 2005, 11:58:20 PM
Reply #48

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Ok, Duck, you should have them. I sent another one because I didn't think the first one went through right, but then it seemed like it did. So tell me if they aren't the right size.
[snapback]44785[/snapback]
I don't have them as of now - but gmail is sometimes crap when it comes to email attachments I've found - almost like they fall into a void for a few hours......  I'll update this post w/ the links when (if) I get them.

March 30, 2005, 04:37:06 PM
Reply #49

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
for the record, HD shouldn't be unbanned until after April 1st. Probbably April 2nd :) (just to convince the stragglers)
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

March 30, 2005, 06:22:28 PM
Reply #50

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
for the record, HD shouldn't be unbanned until after April 1st. Probbably April 2nd :) (just to convince the stragglers)
[snapback]44875[/snapback]

Yeah springing early pretty much nabbed em, who the hell expects April Fool's crap in MARCH? Keep it a day longer, then !ub holy, delete AAAALLL the threads, and we all play dumb. Coming out and going 'APRIL FOOLS' just means a bunch of people go 'LOL i NEW IT!!!11eleven'.

As for this, I'll just play dumb, which comes naturally to me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 06:23:38 PM by Uranium - 235 »

March 31, 2005, 02:01:35 AM
Reply #51

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
yoink

I have been saying things ingame like when people start talking about HD and the ban I'll say things like I dont agree with the way the admins are acting and that some of us are split and I add some anger into my voice and I try and come off bitchy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 08:36:09 PM by JHunz »
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

March 31, 2005, 07:39:22 AM
Reply #52

DruBo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• Personal Text
    Back in Beige
    • View Profile
<UKchaos> lets april fools him back and no unban him
<DruBo|h4x> !k UKchaos please don't joke, this is serious

:D

March 31, 2005, 07:16:29 PM
Reply #53

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
BTW, we need to clean up this thread, and make it public on the 2nd.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 31, 2005, 10:26:58 PM
Reply #54

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well that's the thing, can't keep a joke a secret.... :p

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 01, 2005, 08:37:37 PM
Reply #55

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Postmortem: we never did get around to leaking the demos.  Also, we decided not to go with the silence is golden strategy due to the drama addiction of certain members of our community.
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"