Author Topic: oh Drama!  (Read 18319 times)

March 31, 2005, 10:49:38 PM
Reply #60

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
This further supports the need for demos, pictures, ANYTHING that supports one side or the other. It seems like many people don't believe that the ban was just, that he wasn't hacking.
I myself don't know anymore, with all this confusion. Please, can we have an admin's word here.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 10:51:50 PM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 31, 2005, 10:52:40 PM
Reply #61

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
not that i dont believe, i just dont agree with the way it was carried out and the secrecy its shrouded in. just stating my humble opinion, hopefully without backlash.

Secrecy is the seed of tyranny. -Voltaire
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM

March 31, 2005, 10:57:28 PM
Reply #62

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
not that i dont believe, i just dont agree with the way it was carried out and the secrecy its shrouded in. just stating my humble opinion, hopefully without backlash.
[snapback]45044[/snapback]

The only reason I see NOT to release at least some of the demos is of the insane amount of arguing between the players/admins that will ensue... Simple solution would be to limit it to slotters, under thread of long temp ban if the demos get out to those people who shouldn't have it, i.e. almost anyone.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 31, 2005, 11:09:20 PM
Reply #63

Nuketheplace

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
I would like to thank CryForMe for saying everything I wanted to say in a much more elequent way than I could have ever said it.

March 31, 2005, 11:09:48 PM
Reply #64

DarkScythe

• Skulk

• View Profile
2of8, it would be virtually impossible to track down who leaked demos in order to punish them

and i completely agree with CFM's long rant, because that's exactly what i've been wanting to say  :(

April 01, 2005, 12:37:30 AM
Reply #65

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
signature

April 01, 2005, 05:05:23 AM
Reply #66

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I would like to thank CryForMe for saying everything I wanted to say in a much more elequent way than I could have ever said it.
[snapback]45046[/snapback]

Yup.

April 01, 2005, 05:18:48 AM
Reply #67

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Why was this post approved, and given their secrecy about the likes of why some people in the past have been banned, why is it publically sitting there in /dev/null.

Why isn't this thread locked, despite many admins viewing it or posting in it.

Oh my! That's because none of it's true!

People are stupid.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and apparently Vinnie has been "working" for "a long time" on this, yeah, *be nice* , that's probably the least believeable part. That would suggest that Vinnie does something other than *be nice* , which we all know isn't true.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 09:41:18 AM by GrayDuck »
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

April 01, 2005, 07:22:31 AM
Reply #68

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Yeah, ive never once seen Vinnie on the server, let alone spectate, and i play almost every day. Maybe if it was another admin doing the accusing i would believe it.

Also, all the replies in the dev null thread are only a minute apart, suggesting its a fabrication.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 07:24:09 AM by UKchaos »

April 01, 2005, 08:57:09 AM
Reply #69

Dead_Meat

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
hrmmm......
i think this has to be a hoax

April 01, 2005, 09:20:56 AM
Reply #70

SlickWill

• Skulk

• View Profile
Tbh, I am so confused.  Truly.  There is a lot of emotion flying, a lot of heresay, however, not one shred of evidence.  Seems odd, not funny.  Still, no admin word.  Wth?  If it is true, it has been handled poorly and shame on the higher up persons who have had something to do with this.   :angry:

April 01, 2005, 09:32:13 AM
Reply #71

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Look guys, they never release demos, they never have done, anyone who's been banned for hacking with demo proof has never had the demos released. So stop barking up that tree.

However, the fact that HD's PR thread is sitting in dev\null is all the evidence you need to tell you this is a hoax.

Firstly, the PR forum is moderated, that means any post in there requires a forum admin to look over it and approve it before posting. There's no way in hell a 1 line "OMGZ I R HACK" post is going to be approved.

Next, as mentioned above, the replies and locking are near instant after it's posting, take a look at any other PR thread, this never happens.

Also notice how the thread was moved to dev\null after approval and locking. This is clear evidence of the thread existing and HD being banned, so why, exactly, is JHunz beat about the bush in the announcement post when anyone can easy just go to either dev\null or the PR forum and see the thread staring them in the face? Hell, why is there even an announcement about it, unless they actually want you to notice it, film at 11.

Finally, apparantly Vinnie has been accumulating evidence against HD for some time, guys, raise your hands if you've ever seen Vinnie ingame for over an hour in total, i know for one that in my year and a half being a reg here, i haven't.

Guys, get over it, it's a hoax, and a pretty obviously done one too.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 09:32:44 AM by esuna »
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

April 01, 2005, 11:51:14 AM
Reply #72

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Why was this post approved
[snapback]45053[/snapback]

Jhunz likely didn't get to banning the forum account yet, and server admin posts bypass approval in the PR forum.

April 01, 2005, 12:05:24 PM
Reply #73

Settler

• Reserved Slot
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.lunixmonster.org
another thing i noticed that makes it real, is that HD title was changed TWICE... i cant remember what the first 1 was, but there was 2 titles right after hd got banninated... if it was a hoax, they wouldnt have changed it twice right after another...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 12:05:52 PM by Settler »

April 01, 2005, 12:15:52 PM
Reply #74

AzubahF

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.unclebigtime.com
Finally, apparantly Vinnie has been accumulating evidence against HD for some time, guys, raise your hands if you've ever seen Vinnie ingame for over an hour in total, i know for one that in my year and a half being a reg here, i haven't.

I *may* be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember Vinegar Ninja on the server at least a couple times recently in specatator mode... the reason I remember this is because there were times when the teams were uneven, and I remember thinking to myself "join the uneven team, why are you spectating when its 6 on 8?"

April 01, 2005, 12:25:50 PM
Reply #75

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
If this indeed is a hoax, please explain the reasoning about it.

Explain the need to have one member of the community so publicly humiliated, for several days without any "lolz it was all jokes".

Explain me why HD came on to the channel under a different name, and spammed the #lm-admins channel password several times.

April fool's is over... if this indeed was a joke (which I seriously doubt now), reveal it. It's not funny.

April 01, 2005, 01:17:34 PM
Reply #76

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
CFM said it quite well, if you're banned out of the blue for hacking in a community you're a big part of, you would be rather annoyed.  So why can't we get this "evidence"?

April 01, 2005, 02:14:47 PM
Reply #77

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
would just like to chip in, here.  I have seen vinnie in spec slot on the server MANY times, for quite some time.
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

April 01, 2005, 02:34:53 PM
Reply #78

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Firstly, the PR forum is moderated, that means any post in there requires a forum admin to look over it and approve it before posting. There's no way in hell a 1 line "OMGZ I R HACK" post is going to be approved.

Next, as mentioned above, the replies and locking are near instant after it's posting, take a look at any other PR thread, this never happens.

[snapback]45063[/snapback]
First off, most PR threads are approved. The one liners with "omg unban pls??" are generally responded with a big "no."

Second off, most PR threads we have to look up who the person is and why they were banned, but there are some exceptions.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 01, 2005, 03:03:00 PM
Reply #79

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
April fool's is over... if this indeed was a joke (which I seriously doubt now), reveal it. It's not funny.
It's still April 1st, so I have no idea where the "April fool's is over" came from, and yes it is funny.

Additionally Vinnie honestly is hardly ever on the server, furthermore he wasn't in any of the recent games I've played where HD was on.  So much for constant surveillance over a month.  Haha.
signature