Poll

Which Mod?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What Server Would You Like?  (Read 30566 times)

July 19, 2004, 09:03:56 PM
Reply #160

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
yea seth took out like 4 people, then i had to heal him  :p  

but really only snipers really go on killing sprees, and once you find them they can pretty much be handeled by a good flanking or grenade. as far as falling damage goes and breaking your leg, i use medium or light armor and i hardly ever break my leg, unless someone shoots me in the leg with a m60 or somthing.

July 19, 2004, 10:15:38 PM
Reply #161

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
GAH!!!  already voted, and now you're adding the option that i actually want...

mergle, need to re-create the vote again...

ooo, forgot my bragging rights...

WHO SUGGESTED HL-DM?   that's right, I DID!!!

sorry, had to...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 10:19:57 PM by Slink »
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

July 19, 2004, 11:11:38 PM
Reply #162

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
HLDM is fun for a while, but it does get old. And besides, op4dm is more fun with more guns and stuff that goes boom and such. But still, default HLDM style is just so ooooold.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 20, 2004, 07:45:23 AM
Reply #163

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
As far as I'm concerned firearms doesn't boast nearly enough specialness for a server of its own.  I've played it on-and-off since it was released (on-and-off because I generally tire of it VERY quickly and never play it again until a new release).  Perhaps it's because I suck.

Or perhaps it's because realism mods on an unreliable, aging game engine are an exercise in futility.  There are so many stupid variables (lag, hitboxes, mystical bugged playerslots,etc) that there's absolutely no science behind the game - you just shoot until they die.  Or until they see you shooting them, feel your many bullets impacting their flesh, and decide to turn towards you, kneel down, and cap calmly you.  Things like that kill atmosphere and leave a sour taste in my mouth :(

But I'll vote for it anyways, since we already have our ship server nd I couldn't care less about any of the other mods on the running.

July 20, 2004, 07:55:51 AM
Reply #164

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
and have you seen the 2.9 promo video?

no running in circles in this one... or that i have ever seen to date.

plus comes with some cool killbill music... pure gold.

http://www.firearmsmod.com/FA29Promo.zip

oh yeah, forgot to post the file size for you 56ker's its around 26mb
no, i havent been able to view their homepage AND im banned from their forums since 2.7, but ill give it a look.

EDIT: I just saw the video, and i really do hope thats not the running speed. if so, then thats just wrong.....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 08:01:37 AM by Diablus »

July 20, 2004, 08:25:59 AM
Reply #165

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
HLDM is fun for a while, but it does get old. And besides, op4dm is more fun with more guns and stuff that goes boom and such. But still, default HLDM style is just so ooooold.
yes Op4 DM is better than HLdm, but Op4CTF is even better >:D

however, steam apparently screwed Op4, every sound and map and so forth is streamed to you, which naturally causes uber lag. but! mr DHPapagorge might have the solution! since i have the original Op4 on CD, i might be able to take the missing files from there, and if that works, i could send them around.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

July 20, 2004, 11:59:05 AM
Reply #166

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
But I'll vote for it anyways, since we already have our ship server nd I couldn't care less about any of the other mods on the running.
fuh? we have a ship server?

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

July 20, 2004, 12:02:07 PM
Reply #167

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Nah but there's enough out there that it doesn't matter. The few that exist are hardly ever played on. We just all pile on to one and play for a while until we get bored, then pile off.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

July 20, 2004, 02:19:53 PM
Reply #168

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
and have you seen the 2.9 promo video?

no running in circles in this one... or that i have ever seen to date.

plus comes with some cool killbill music... pure gold.

http://www.firearmsmod.com/FA29Promo.zip

oh yeah, forgot to post the file size for you 56ker's its around 26mb
no, i havent been able to view their homepage AND im banned from their forums since 2.7, but ill give it a look.

EDIT: I just saw the video, and i really do hope thats not the running speed. if so, then thats just wrong.....
no they speeded it up as to not waste time showing a guy running through the forest.
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

July 20, 2004, 05:35:15 PM
Reply #169

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I'm supporting TFC all the way with this, although I have no disagreements with getting Firearms because I had some entertaining rounds with the game when some friends tried to get me into it. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Dod after the aggrivating and frustrating rounds I've experienced (145 damage in the left leg for the insta-kill by a machine gun isn't cool).

July 21, 2004, 12:41:09 PM
Reply #170

Redford

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Grimm: that's the one reason why I hate DoD with a vengance.  There is realisim, and then there is too much realisim.  Having a rainbow 6 style damage system with HL weapons, weapon physics, and movement was simply not meant to be - regardless of what the developers of DoD say.

July 21, 2004, 02:14:16 PM
Reply #171

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
well, i think the MG slug to the leg does about id say numeric wise 30-40 damage.

Now give the MG42 that with 1 tap shooting 2 shots, 1 -2 taps = pwntage.

MG's are supposed to hold positions and choke points and they seem to do the job pretty damn well, though on SOME maps MG's only cause hours of stalemates (very realistic heh) which tend to piss players off. like that uphill map with the avalanche style map textures, entering Allies spawn to capture that last flag is suicide when they have 1-2 MG's set up pointing at the 1 spot axis can enter through. Then on top of those MG's you have to worry aboutthe rest of the allied team aiming at that 1 entrance and exit point.

I like dod realism wise and especially graphic wise. but my stupid raedon9600xt and 2 sticks of 256MB or SDRAM CAN'T seem to HANDLE dod :blink:

thats why i didnt vote for DOD.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 02:19:45 PM by Diablus »

July 21, 2004, 02:22:43 PM
Reply #172

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster