Poll

Which Mod?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What Server Would You Like?  (Read 33560 times)

July 18, 2004, 06:29:38 PM
Reply #120

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
taking 20 bullets from a damn rifle to kill a enemy soldier is considered realism? or how about the unforgetable "running around in circles strafing and holding down your auto weapon hoping to put 10000 bullets into your enemy before he does to you"

gg realism to that! :ph34r:

so im still up for PvK ^^
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 06:30:01 PM by Diablus »

July 18, 2004, 06:40:05 PM
Reply #121

Isamil

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
Vote TFC today!
DoD is bad, offical news from U235!

July 18, 2004, 06:47:27 PM
Reply #122

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Not sure what to vote for..
Wasn't "The Ship" previously an option? or am I delusional?

July 18, 2004, 06:58:39 PM
Reply #123

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
diablus i'm sorry you feel that way, but if that's what FA is to you then i can see your problem, it was the same for me when i first started playing FA...

you think it takes 100 bullets to kill someone but thats mostly because you cant aim for crap when spraying on fullauto+running

there is something like 10 different positions to fire a weapon from in FA and each has its own effect on recoil and spray... its up to you to find the best ones and use them at the right times.

i've killed 5 people in a row with a beretta 92f, thats the 15 shot mag one with a silencer. of course i had 16 rounds in the mag at that time due to a reload after killed 2 previous people, but i did kill 5 in one pistol clip.

mp5 i've killed about 4 in one clip, more if i go semi auto and snipe with it.

its all about aiming and movement penalties to recoil in this game

i'm not saying that running and going fullauto isnt a good idea, but only in the right situation. ie. indoors
you try and out on a street vs any noob with a rifle and he'll own you in the face before you can even get close enough to draw an outline of him in bullets.

beaware that running foward in a straight line will give you more accuracy then strafing left and right while running foward, strafing will move your shots either to the left or right of your target, like i said above, every movement you make affects your aim.
logic dictates, dont move at all if you want to hit something far away, and better yet, use semiauto for long shots and burst/auto for close in.

best advice i could give anyone new to FA is pick a config, either the default (which i dont like at all, you can change them by editing the .txt files) or select your own loadout and STICK WITH IT.

each weapon in FA is one of a kind and no 2 guns will behave the same, you just need to find one that fits your playing style and master it.
learning to use the different fire modes will turn you from noob to leet in about 10 seconds flat.
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

July 18, 2004, 09:06:49 PM
Reply #124

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
beaware that running foward in a straight line will give you more accuracy then strafing left and right while running foward, strafing will move your shots either to the left or right of your target, like i said above, every movement you make affects your aim.
logic dictates, dont move at all if you want to hit something far away, and better yet, use semiauto for long shots and burst/auto for close in.

You dont see my whole point.

Strafing sideways slows you down.

you get the "RUNNING IN CIRCLES" deal constantly because your shots ARE ACCURATE while running foward, thus everyone hlds down foward and runs around, causing everyone to try and follow eachother so they look like goddamn speed dogs chasing their tails.

As you can see i hate that game, but its not based on my opinion, its based on the communities, im only showing the "bad parts" of FA to mabye sway a vote before someone votes. The game can be fun at times, but I feel it gets way too repatitive.

For example, snipers tend to sit in 1 spot and always look for map exploits,

The running around in circles deal,

and what i especially hate is how the FAMAS is basically the greatest gun in game STILL (well up to 2.7 because i havent played any builds after 2.7)

It has amazing accuracy full auto, a EXTREME ROF so its a "o.k." spray and pray gun, and due to the really good accuracy and high ROF it can in fact. OUTGUN an M-16.

If not better its almost evenly matched up against a m-16

Now explain to me why they feel a FAMAS in Semi should even stand a CHANCE against a gun specifically MADE for semi/burst?

If they were looking for balance wise, it doesnt make sense since the FAMAS in the hands of someone with decent aim is highly deadly and mid, and close range, yet it also is quite good at taking snipe shots? :blink:

Now that my "spam" on FA is done, Make a topic in Off topic, and ill gladly post the "99 problems" with FA, but dont base your decision on my post because after all im only 1 person, and i hate the game as you can see.

So my vote still goes to PvK  ;)

To give the admins a favor this will be my last post here to reduce a whole argument on Firearms because i tend to go overboard when it comes to arguments on the game.  But if it does become a FA server, ill test it out. it mightve been the FA community in general that made me hate FA in a whole.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 09:11:28 PM by Diablus »

July 18, 2004, 10:00:49 PM
Reply #125

Keyser59

• Gorge

• View Profile
lol Diablus, you should have seen the FAMAS in pre-2.6 builds. You could get 4 headshots in 10 shots at a distance of 50 meters. Now that was a whoregun  :D . For some reason people always whined about the AUG with its 41 round clip and scope, but the funny thing was that you didn't need a scope for the famas.

I haven't played it recently, but I just remember the AK-47 was the definitive whoregun of 2.6. I believe the mod team changed that though.

July 18, 2004, 10:08:56 PM
Reply #126

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Lol Diab

They De-Whored the FAMAS to some extent in 2.9. Not nearly as many people use it anymore, but it's still not a bad gun.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 10:09:07 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

July 18, 2004, 11:51:21 PM
Reply #127

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
yeah famas has not been nerf'ed, but other rifles have gotten a boost.

the 7.62mm variaty to be specific, in pre 2.7 the 7.62 rifles only did about 3/4 the damage they do now. ie the G3A3, M14, Ak47, Ak74, mind you the 47 is a slightly smaller round then the G3A3 and the 74 is even smaller but still they do more damage then the Famas so in a firefight with a famas vs AK, G3 or even a M14 the larger calibers quite often win now due to the boost in its damage.

you can break legs with a m14 and G3a3 they do the same damage as the M60.

famas is no longer whore'ed unless its aloud to be, every weapon has its counter.

also i still firmly believe that an m16 will beat a famas, given the m16 gunner can aim and gets a 3 round burst square in his chest... but the m16 gunner will walk away with less HP then would a AK ect.
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

July 19, 2004, 12:15:15 AM
Reply #128

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
DoD == Haet
TFC == FTW

Seriously though, I really do strongly dislike DoD... I'm an admin over at Kustom Kettles which started as a DoD community and then added NS due to a merger. I tried hopping on the DoD server, to try to have a bit of a presence there, but I really disliked the whole experience.

On the other hand, the mod I was playing before NS was TFC, and various TF based mods such as Q3F. I still like TFC to this day, and would LOVE for this to be the new server.

I missed out on the TFC RS night, as I miss out on many RS nights, because I can never remember them, and that was too bad... If we don't get a TFC server, we should have some more TFC RS nights, and this time I'll join in.

July 19, 2004, 03:00:50 AM
Reply #129

Redford

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
TFC allready has too many servers and is quickly losing it's playerbase, we'd never get anyone on it.  It's worth noting that about half TFC players are still on WON, which means they will be forced to migrate to steam by the end of the month.  DoD allready has thousands of servers, and thousands of players.  In addition, it suffers from having too few hardcore players in the LM community (like CS did).  PVK is an awesome mod, but is a pain to install into steam and needs bugfixing despratly which will never happen due to the team breaking up.  Firearms is in need of servers and players, and is a good mod that needs more attention IMO.  That's why my final vote is for Firearms.

July 19, 2004, 04:38:25 AM
Reply #130

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i just played like 5 hours of Firearms with Seth, was alot of fun, I use the m16 most the time m4 on close maps.

July 19, 2004, 05:09:15 AM
Reply #131

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
pvk is fun but it would be a flavor of the week

[edit]

OGM GOM GOM I JUST REMEBERED!

TRAINHUNTERS!  <3  :ph34r:

[/edit]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:11:31 AM by That Annoying Kid »
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 19, 2004, 07:34:36 AM
Reply #132

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
TAK, Runaway train owns Trainhunters, well iirc Trainhunters added some idiotic and imo lame weapons. Where Trainhunters was just nice :D.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

July 19, 2004, 07:36:08 AM
Reply #133

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'm sorry, but Firearms has to be one of the worst mods out there.

See, there are mods that don't FEEL like a mod- like NS, TS. Then there are mods that even though they do, their fun, like S&I.

THen there is Firearms. Not fun, not unique, and bad at the "Realism" their trying to achieve. More than anything, they go for "Ultra" realism(at least when I played), which isn't realism. Realism is someone taking 6 bullets in the generally same place in armor and dying. Someone taking 20 bullets in a spread out pattern and living(with armor of course). Realism is being able to jump over whatever the hell you need to. Realism is not getting hurt falling from 5 feet.

And I say again- Firearms isn't fun. I'd even go farther for FLF(Front Line Force) than Firearms.

July 19, 2004, 08:24:26 AM
Reply #134

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Realism is not getting hurt falling from 5 feet.

really? i'd get hurt falling from 5 freaking feet.. :/ yer some kinda .. superhero or something!

"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 19, 2004, 09:39:35 AM
Reply #135

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Legs are excellent shock absorbers. If you fall 5 feet, and lock your legs out before landing, of course you're going to break them. If you allow your legs to flex with the fall, if need be drop to a 3-point stance, there is no goddamn way you're going to snap one of your legs in half like what happens in Firearms.

July 19, 2004, 09:57:43 AM
Reply #136

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
I'm actually leaning towards HLDM for a while.

Simple to set up and run, and everyone likes some mindless fragging every once in a while right? ;)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 10:00:20 AM by Lightning Blue »
To the stars!

insert witty line here

July 19, 2004, 10:26:17 AM
Reply #137

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile

Simple to set up and run, and everyone likes some mindless fragging every once in a while right? ;)
...thats actually a really good idea.

July 19, 2004, 11:05:37 AM
Reply #138

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net

...thats actually a really good idea.
suck up!!  :D
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 19, 2004, 11:30:53 AM
Reply #139

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'm sorry, but Firearms has to be one of the worst mods out there.

See, there are mods that don't FEEL like a mod- like NS, TS. Then there are mods that even though they do, their fun, like S&I.

THen there is Firearms. Not fun, not unique, and bad at the "Realism" their trying to achieve. More than anything, they go for "Ultra" realism(at least when I played), which isn't realism. Realism is someone taking 6 bullets in the generally same place in armor and dying. Someone taking 20 bullets in a spread out pattern and living(with armor of course). Realism is being able to jump over whatever the hell you need to. Realism is not getting hurt falling from 5 feet.

And I say again- Firearms isn't fun. I'd even go farther for FLF(Front Line Force) than Firearms.
i hatez the firearms with passion too T_T :ph34r:

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????