Poll

Which Mod?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What Server Would You Like?  (Read 33568 times)

July 19, 2004, 11:31:34 AM
Reply #140

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
if you want pointless fragging go get rc2 and i can (try) modify the anti-aw/m metamod  plug to be anti-rocket

July 19, 2004, 12:22:48 PM
Reply #141

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'm actually leaning towards HLDM for a while.

Simple to set up and run, and everyone likes some mindless fragging every once in a while right? ;)
oh phew, anythings better than firearms  :D
-_^

July 19, 2004, 12:30:28 PM
Reply #142

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
considering you are wearing armor, legs arms and helmat optional.

and toting a rifle pistol and grenades a fall from 2 feet would break your legs.

there is no such thing going into a 3 point stance while falling carrying that much equipment, of course you can always toss your rifle on the ground then jump down to it but good luck having it work properly afterwords.

you just bad mouth FA because its not an easy mod, no one is a instant god, and its obvious that you suck at it.

as leaderzor pointed out we played about 5-6 hours yesterday was a hella time, we both managed to have a 30-10 score most of the times.
he was a medic some times and was fixing my broken legs, cuts and scrapes.

so what i'm saying is dont knock a game you never bothered to put any real time into, FA takes practice, there is a steep learning curve with the weapons but once you get the hang of it you shouldnt have much trouble killing people.

like i said before if it takes you a whole clip to kill someone then you cant aim for peanuts, leaderzor can vouch for this i've killed 4 or 5 guys infront of him with M4 and no markmenship skills by just using semiauto and taking heads off.

Learn the game, dont just critize it because your too stupid to put time into it.
you dont hear me bad mouthing the ship or whatever other crapy mod you are into.
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

July 19, 2004, 02:39:30 PM
Reply #143

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
where is the wub?

HLDM seems to be a decent idea
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 19, 2004, 02:58:50 PM
Reply #144

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
I'm actually leaning towards HLDM for a while.

Simple to set up and run, and everyone likes some mindless fragging every once in a while right? ;)

Noes! :o  :(
Savezez teh stretedgy!

I agree with seth (although not his "deal-with-it" attitude v_v )

Firearms does take a little bit of practice until you see the best of it. When i first started, i though it was cheap and trying to be "too realistic". But now I see that it's not bad at all. It does try to be realistic (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) without taking from gameplay.  You really just have to learn to use the weapons and abilities in order to play well.

And yes, you'd get hurt from falling 5 feet with full armor, weaponry, and equipment (probably totaling 100+ lbs). There's a reason that it's called heavy armor...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 03:01:05 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

July 19, 2004, 03:04:34 PM
Reply #145

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
you just bad mouth FA because its not an easy mod, no one is a instant god, and its obvious that you suck at it.

like i said before if it takes you a whole clip to kill someone then you cant aim for peanuts,

Learn the game, dont just critize it because your too stupid to put time into it.
you dont hear me bad mouthing the ship or whatever other crapy mod you are into.
keep the discussion to the mod, let's not get personal. warning level upped. at 100% warning Bad Things Happen™.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 19, 2004, 03:14:19 PM
Reply #146

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
i thought i kept its pretty nice acutaly, i didnt name any names i just use the word "you" as in refering to anyone.

didnt know taht was a big no no, duely noted.

just replace all the "you" to "sumdumguy"
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

July 19, 2004, 05:18:44 PM
Reply #147

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Firearms -

1) Waaa you fall 5 feet and break a leg.

FLAT OUT NOT TRUE - I've fallen off rooftops. I've fallen off of boxes. I've jumped out of second story windows (backwards, while emptying a shotgun) and not suffered a broken leg. So you guys are either vastly exaggerating, or (and this is what I think) you guys really haven't played it and just recycle someone elses words.

Secondly, you can get a skill that eliminates broken legs for good. Why don't you take it if you hate them so much?

2) People just run around and shoot forward in circles.

Never seen this behavior, never

3) You can take more then 1 bullet and live!

Yeah - think about it? What are two skills - no, what are two skills and 17 equipment slots? Survival - You have 3 types of kevlar, and 3 types of subsidary armor. You have two levels of medic skills. If you died in one bullet a la CStrike (which seems to be what you all like), no one on earth would waste points on armor for legs or arms, or armor at all for that matter. I never did in CS - It cost too much and it barely did jack. Secondly, the medic skills (outside medevac) would be utterly WORTHLESS - Look at battlefield 1942. Everyone liked the medic because you could rambo with it - they didn't like it becuase you could heal players. You didn't. They all were *DEAD*.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 05:18:59 PM by Uranium - 235 »

July 19, 2004, 05:32:18 PM
Reply #148

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
considering you are wearing armor, legs arms and helmat optional.

and toting a rifle pistol and grenades a fall from 2 feet would break your legs.

there is no such thing going into a 3 point stance while falling carrying that much equipment, of course you can always toss your rifle on the ground then jump down to it but good luck having it work properly afterwords.

as leaderzor pointed out we played about 5-6 hours yesterday was a hella time, we both managed to have a 30-10 score most of the times.
he was a medic some times and was fixing my broken legs, cuts and scrapes.

so what i'm saying is dont knock a game you never bothered to put any real time into, FA takes practice, there is a steep learning curve with the weapons but once you get the hang of it you shouldnt have much trouble killing people.

like i said before if it takes you a whole clip to kill someone then you cant aim for peanuts, leaderzor can vouch for this i've killed 4 or 5 guys infront of him with M4 and no markmenship skills by just using semiauto and taking heads off.

Man how wrong you are.

First off, weighed down with Armor, Rifle, Pistol, 3 Grenades and several clips of ammo, as well as supplies to last in the wilderness for 6 days(aka the standard equipment for combat usage), the AVERAGE(i.e., person not through boot) can survive a fall from 5 feet without broken legs. In fact, it can do 10 feet, if it knows how to hit the ground right. WITH Boot, you can do MUCH higher just by knowing what your doing.

2nd off, I was actually pretty good at Firearms. I'd get top killcount pretty fast thanks to the fact that the maps are designed so terribly its hard not to when your on a certain side. On one of the few maps that isn't designed terribly(and I don't mean they don't look good- they do. Its play that isn't good), I was doing VERY well.

Its just that it doesn't have the polish that things like NS and TS have. And thus, is like eating from In-N-Out, then going to McDonalds- you'd rather not do McDonalds, but when your hungry, it gets the job done.

July 19, 2004, 05:51:16 PM
Reply #149

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
I hate all realism mods. I managed to become decent at Reaction Quake 3, but I never liked it much. Played it mostly to play with a friend.

Somebody earlier said that we'd never get many people for a TFC server... Well, considering how the CS server was always LOCKED and only RS could play on it, I don't think the community size really matters :p

July 19, 2004, 05:53:55 PM
Reply #150

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
i was quoting a regular soldier without the battlefield agility skill...

with batagil you can take like 15foot drops and only take about 5dmg.

we need the FA server so i can prove all you disbelievers and neer sayers wrong.

July 19, 2004, 05:54:52 PM
Reply #151

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
Meh, if a firearms server goes up, I'll probably try it once to try the mod, and then never ever enter the server again.

July 19, 2004, 06:03:04 PM
Reply #152

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
Meh, if a firearms server goes up, I'll probably try it once to try the mod, and then never ever enter the server again.
Ditto to that.

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

July 19, 2004, 07:01:33 PM
Reply #153

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
i'll do my best to make your stay a nightmare, and put you in the minus score.

Thank you come again.

July 19, 2004, 07:04:46 PM
Reply #154

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile

FLAT OUT NOT TRUE - I've fallen off rooftops. I've fallen off of boxes. I've jumped out of second story windows (backwards, while emptying a shotgun) and not suffered a broken leg. So you guys are either vastly exaggerating, or (and this is what I think) you guys really haven't played it and just recycle someone elses words.
Aye, tis exageration

In fact, now that i think about it, I don't play Firearms and think about any of this. I play it and have fun ^_^

I think that the firearms server should be public, but with the same res slot system as LM's NS server

P.S.   Seth: CHILL OUT!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 07:06:44 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

July 19, 2004, 07:23:30 PM
Reply #155

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Well, considering how the CS server was always LOCKED and only RS could play on it, I don't think the community size really matters :p
In reality all it takes to see the CS forum [and hence the IP and Password] is to be registered on the forums
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 19, 2004, 07:26:01 PM
Reply #156

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Aye, tis exageration

In fact, now that i think about it, I don't play Firearms and think about any of this. I play it and have fun ^_^

I think that the firearms server should be public, but with the same res slot system as LM's NS server

P.S.   Seth: CHILL OUT!
Fall damage is actually really really LIBERAL in this game. I've tried to kill myself (when I was learning how to play) by jumping off of tall things. I usually had to go find a sniper tower to hop out of since your average rooftop just nicked off around 20 health or so :p

July 19, 2004, 08:38:29 PM
Reply #157

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
2) People just run around and shoot forward in circles.

Never seen this behavior, never

:blink: ....

are you sure you were playing firearms then?

The basic strategy in that game for pubbers in pre and 2.7 builds was to run around foward like madmen with a smg/rifle and hoping to kill 2-5 people. You must be talking about another mod if nobody didnt run around in circles like madmen.

I mean, If u even WATCH the 2.7 trailer Half the scenes ARE in fact blue and red guys running around in circles (while holding down Run)

Now, this doesnt mean EVERY single person does it, because that would make it untrue. But Id definetly say through all the pubs i used to play on in 2.7, over 50% did do the "chase the others tail" game quite often.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:40:55 PM by Diablus »

July 19, 2004, 08:47:08 PM
Reply #158

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
and have you seen the 2.9 promo video?

no running in circles in this one... or that i have ever seen to date.

plus comes with some cool killbill music... pure gold.

http://www.firearmsmod.com/FA29Promo.zip

oh yeah, forgot to post the file size for you 56ker's its around 26mb
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:48:49 PM by Seth »

July 19, 2004, 08:54:57 PM
Reply #159

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
CANCEL THE VOTE! CANCEL THE VOTE! THIS JUST IN: HLDM = FUN
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go