Author Topic: So Many Newbies...  (Read 24496 times)

January 11, 2004, 09:06:05 PM
Read 24496 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Anyone else noticed the sudden influx of asshole n00bs into lunixmonster?

1) I've been acused of hacking multiple times. (I quickly rectified THAT situation)

2) People are more spammy then ever on voice comm, as well as more verbal abuse, etc.

3) General lowering of the average IQ.

4) After every game the server empties like an overflowing portapotty rolling down a hill.

WHY? When the hell did CS merge with NS?! Really starting to piss me off, thinking of quitting NS until 3.0 comes out, I can't :Ding stand these 2 vs 2 games anymore.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 09:36:36 PM by Uranium - 235 »

January 11, 2004, 11:21:58 PM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
I'm glad an admin brought this up first, because now I get to VENT.

I know it's best policy to be friendly to newbies, and I'm all for that. If someone is honestly interested in how the game works and wants to learn, hallelujah. I'll explain every aspect they're willing to listen to. However... there's a difference between newbies and the aforementioned asshole n00bs. (A.N.)

A.N.: "Commander, we need turrets here. Commander! COMMANDER TURRENTS OMG COMMANDO DORP TURRENT FANCTORIE!"
Bob: "I'm not turreting an RT. It's elecing, move to your waypoint soldier"
A.N.: "GOD GUYS OUR COMMANDRO IS A NOOB"

And of course
A.N.: "How do I becomes teh big alien?"
Bob: "Well you need a lot of res first."
A.N.: "It says 100" (20 minutes into the game... with one hive... and 1 RT)
-BobTheJanitor has left the game.

And the BELOVED voice spam.
A.N.1: "Hey dooder, what's up! How's it hanging man?"
A.N.2: "Hey man, I'm just chiling. How's your sister"
A.N.1: BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH
A.N.2: BLAHBLAHBLAH BLAH ... BLAHBLAHBLH
-and so on-
Bob: "Quit voicespamming and play."
A.N.1-10: "OMG SHUTUP"

Then there's the commanders dropping multiple Armories at base in the first thirty seconds of the game. And blowing all the start res on one IP, a Tfac, and a big turret farm. And good god, today lolfighter was doing the end game IP farm, which is always so much more fun than a turret farm, and some gent by the name of Player jumped in the CC and recyc'd half the IPs!!! And then called lolfighter an idiot! (Player didn't last long after that)

Ooh and the comm today that built a second base at laser drilling. Yep, fully functioning: CC, IPs, armory. And OF COURSE the turret farm! And the MS base was still up too!

And of course the old hive is under attack while the whole team is busy walking around the map apparently thinking that someone else (which is usually me) will take care of the HA train with PG and sieges at the hive.

ARGH! I could go on forever. Everyone was new once, but no one should be an idiot ever.

And 3.0... I'm worried that when NS shows up on every CS'ers list of games, we'll have an even bigger mess to worry about.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 12, 2004, 05:06:57 AM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
To clarify, the gent called me an idiot after I asked him, in a somewhat annoyed voice: "Why are you recycling the IPs? Don't recycle the IPs!"
And he only got a 24 minute ban. Meant to throw him out for a day, but I lack practice at banning it seems. Durn.

January 12, 2004, 05:58:18 AM
Reply #3

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.thecatacombs.net
I been in a game with all the voice spamming.  :help:
Don't mess with me punk, I'll post in your

January 12, 2004, 07:01:28 AM
Reply #4

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The only really bad experience I can remember is when this idiot started dropping almost 5 TFs in MS. He was such a retarded comm. Oh, and he didn't care about capping any res, just those TFs.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 12, 2004, 09:27:12 AM
Reply #5

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
ppl who are annoying as mentioned, i will be warning, then kicking. i can't stand for it.

LB: lemme know if kicking for this is not allowed.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 12, 2004, 11:22:32 AM
Reply #6

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
<Lito> Move to your waypoint. Go Go Go!
<Nub1> hey comm, shotgun.
<Lito> Can't spare the res, move it
<Nub1> Umm, you have like 30
<Lito> For res nodes.  We have 1, i want more. Move now.
<Nub1>Look at our base! tf and an ip, omg, gg
<Nub2> Thats it? really?
<Nub1> noob comm

*Vote to eject the commander has started
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

January 12, 2004, 12:26:08 PM
Reply #7

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The few, the brave, the frontiersmen.

I can't believe some of these people. Been playing NS for all of two days and they know so much more about the game than their commander. Now, I never F4. I think it's the lamest thing ever. But the other day I had a game where the marines were refusing to go to their waypoint and standing around an electrifed RT demanding that I place turrets there. They kept complaining that I had a ton of res and wasn't doing anything with it (actually I was saving for a JP/SG rush for the ungrateful ruffians) even tho we had 3/3 equipment, an upped armory, MT, Phase Tech, and even a turret farm at base (I was the second comm to jump in the chair). After about the fourth or fifth time of being called an idiot, I said "OK, you're so smart, win the game yourself." I F4ed and went to spec mode. They didn't last too long.

January 12, 2004, 01:16:54 PM
Reply #8

Andrew

• Lerker

• View Profile
So now you how vets and others feel when noobs keep accusing and saying stuff :)  It's very frustrating isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 01:23:34 PM by Andrew »

January 12, 2004, 01:23:19 PM
Reply #9

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
the only real event i can remember, was that my phaaaaaaaase olympics was ruined :o, because of well - 'nubs' that didnt feel like it. then later an admin came in, that really spoiled the fun :p...

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

January 12, 2004, 01:26:17 PM
Reply #10

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
simply go and watch them in spec and request all people who connect to join you >:D

January 12, 2004, 02:27:05 PM
Reply #11

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I think the newbiness influx is a Steam thing. Lunix wasn't fully like this on Won, as was CoFR. but now on Steam both servers can be/are plagued by newbs. The one negative I have with LunixMonster is that you can have an excellent, well played game, and then ahorrible excuse for NS, because all the regs/good players leave. but that's true with any server on Steam, from my experience.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

January 12, 2004, 03:05:20 PM
Reply #12

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
WHY? When the hell did CS merge with NS?! Really starting to piss me off, thinking of quitting NS until 3.0 comes out, I can't ****ing stand these 2 vs 2 games anymore.
Might want to quit until after 3.0; 2.0 release brought in more newbies than I had ever seen, and its likely 3.0 will do the same.

I'm also all for helping out the newbies, but the A.N.'s are a pain. I don't mind being called a hacker or a 'nub', or anything else said directly at me as I've learned to deal with it when I first started gaming. But when they do things that ruin the game, something that I can't ignore, it really ruins the fun of NS.

January 12, 2004, 03:41:59 PM
Reply #13

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So now you how vets and others feel when noobs keep accusing and saying stuff :)  It's very frustrating isn't it?
There's a difference and I don't think you'll want me to list my reasons for hating all vets here ;)

January 12, 2004, 03:46:03 PM
Reply #14

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
WHY? When the hell did CS merge with NS?! Really starting to piss me off, thinking of quitting NS until 3.0 comes out, I can't ****ing stand these 2 vs 2 games anymore.
Might want to quit until after 3.0; 2.0 release brought in more newbies than I had ever seen, and its likely 3.0 will do the same.

I'm also all for helping out the newbies, but the A.N.'s are a pain. I don't mind being called a hacker or a 'nub', or anything else said directly at me as I've learned to deal with it when I first started gaming. But when they do things that ruin the game, something that I can't ignore, it really ruins the fun of NS.
Rofl, this was a game we played: Server was chock full on non-regs who vacated the server after the last game, like usual, so it dropped from 7 vs 8 to 3 vs 4. I was on marines. Map was hera. Yeah, odds aren't too good. Well we relocated to cargo, no one ever really found us there for a while. Eventually we got level 3 weapons and 'a civilian' and I set out with shotguns and JPs. We enter vent hive and I see a shimmer by the vent duct. I drop down and point-blank a fade in the stomach with a shotgun. I launch and fire again, civilian is above him and lands a shot square on his back and finishes him as I dodge OC fire.

Nub Fade: Hacker
Me: What?
Nub Fade: bitch admin hacker
Nub Fade: lamer i can't believe u hack
Me: FFS you :Dtard we have level 3 shotguns what the hell did you expect to happen you idiot?
Other Nub: OMG admin hacks wtf lame
admin_ban nub fade
Me: You're next Other Nub.

January 12, 2004, 04:29:09 PM
Reply #15

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Its fun when you get ejected from the comm chair, after not building an armory, this was after the marines lost 4 games in a row due to people staying at base and humping, :/
These noobs are making me want to quit NS, or atleast play on private servers

January 12, 2004, 07:27:08 PM
Reply #16

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think it's just time for the banhammer to start falling even harder. LM always had a bit of a rep, at least from my point of view, as a place with iron clad rules. Maybe some of these newbies need to learn that. If they see their friends getting even half hour bans for minor stupidities like name calling or voice spamming, people will wise up. Or they'll come back and be stupid and get perma'd. Either way, I'm happy!

January 12, 2004, 07:28:59 PM
Reply #17

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yea, thats a reason why i really play on NCR server cause alot of old LM regs play there =)

January 12, 2004, 07:42:31 PM
Reply #18

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
May have to try that one of these days.

Also, this is a reason that I enjoyed a custom map or two thrown into the mix. Yes, it emptied the server, but the people that did have the maps grew over time and they mostly tended to be regs or at least non-idiots. It was like a breath of fresh air.

January 12, 2004, 08:06:57 PM
Reply #19

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
the banhammer shall be wielded and will deal gaming goodness for those there to play NS properly.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman