Author Topic: Comming  (Read 10167 times)

March 27, 2005, 04:05:07 PM
Reply #40

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Most of my games hinge around not medding/ammoing any wanderers, so I make that clear at the start - meds at waypoints, armoury at WP for shotties, that sort of thing.

Or say stuff like "I'm only watching UK, so follow him and you'll get medded". Keeps them close together, gives them something to focus on.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 28, 2005, 04:15:35 AM
Reply #41

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Generally on LM you can get away with medding the players you know that play well. Find out what the regs can use, make them use it.

IE giving Ebnar an HMG is a good thing for the marine team.
Giving me a GL is also a good thing.

Look at the top of the scoreboard, but also take into consideration other things. Like who is defending your nodes, who's building the stuff in base that everyone walked by, etc. It irks me when I'm at the top of the board, and I've been running all over being the comm's nodewhore, and I miss out on shotties or hamgees. Keep your reliable marines happy.

Oh, and HOLD YOUR NODES. That is absolutely key.
[snapback]44563[/snapback]
Whats the best way to do that?  If you newborns strat all you have to do is take the nodes, but you need to take alot of them really fast to make it work.  I've gotten into the habit of announcing when a node is going down to something a marine could deal with, but I rarely get a response out of my rines, let alone effective action.

[edit]necro, my games hinge on ninjas getting up PGs when I didn't even realize they were anywhere near the hive.  I genearlly am quite generous with my meds/ammo, unless I am hardcore pressed for res and am saving for something shiny.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 04:17:32 AM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 28, 2005, 04:20:17 PM
Reply #42

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
I like electrification in 3.01 as well, but not as ballsy as Newborn's strat.

I usually do the same old build order:

IP
Armory
AL
Obs
Armor 1

Then I get 2 or so nodes, plop down a TF, and save til I can electrify them both. Keep expanding while you wait for them to electrify. As soon as you're on a steady res base, start upgrading like a fiend.

Usually ends with a shotty rush or a siege out. I'm not really one for the proto, myself, but the armory still needs to be upgraded for hamgees if you're trying a siege.

March 30, 2005, 01:38:27 PM
Reply #43

RangerAlpha

• Skulk

• View Profile
For me personally, if 4 medpacks wont save me, 5000 medpacks wont save me.  so save the res :)  I'd be a good comm if i ever remember to give wp/upgrades to my poor marines...  That, and too many people have me muted.  I blame that... ;P
I try to make my marines go in forces of 2 with waypoints, and reward people who listen with guns/ammo/medpacks/jetpacks (especially jetpacks, i dont hand those out randomly till i have enuf for everyone.  I hope that the players eventually figure out listening = jetpack)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 01:48:25 PM by RangerAlpha »

April 11, 2005, 09:21:31 PM
Reply #44

Reckless

• Lerker

• View Profile
Whenever I try comming, I always get overwhelmed (see: lack of experience).

If you hear someone screaming bloody hell for someone to take over, it will probably be me. I get the fear.

But I don't wanna be stuck being skulk fodder forever....

April 12, 2005, 11:22:52 AM
Reply #45

Mac

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.gamerankings.com
At the very start of the game, I can get into the chair and drop an ip, armory, obs, and first couple res nodes that people find.. then I start a few upgrades and get out and ask someone to take over. I only take comm at the beginning if everyone is running out of the base and/or clearly has no intention of hopping in the chair.

"Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows??"
Everyday you're here is torture to my heart; reminding me of how you'll never be mine..
..I'm going to miss this feeling.

April 12, 2005, 11:54:02 AM
Reply #46

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
That really grinds on me, someone who drops the ips/armory, or who does a few things, then gets out and says "I dont want to comm".

If you dont want to comm, dont get in. The round ends faster and if you're lucky, someone will comm next match.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 12, 2005, 12:06:49 PM
Reply #47

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
As long as you tell me you're new, I will be 100% supportive of you.  I've been known to yell at your MARINES, but not a new comm.  And I only yell at them if they ignore you.  I've been doing it more, it's like comm rage, but while not in a chair.  All the fun parts of comming AND being a marine, all at once!

(BTW, if I do that and you get mad, feel free to tell me to go stuff it, like Nite does.)
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

April 12, 2005, 02:40:48 PM
Reply #48

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
STOP YELLING AT MY MARINES ASAL! THAT"S MY JOB! GO KILL THE ONOS!!

If you do jump in, just drop an IP. And if you do that, drop it FAAAAAR away from the CC, please.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 12, 2005, 04:14:09 PM
Reply #49

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
If you do jump in, just drop an IP. And if you do that, drop it FAAAAAR away from the CC, please.
[snapback]46080[/snapback]

Ah, yes. That's for letting the comm get out and shoot whatever's biting the IP, in case you're wondering. Too many times I've seen people drop IPs right next to the CC, have the comm jump out, die before starting to aim, and it's game over.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 12, 2005, 04:53:58 PM
Reply #50

Cheez

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v41/tehcheez/
My strategy when i comm (more like IF i comm) is a simple one. PREVENT HIVE TWO AT ALL COSTS.

Not one step back marines! Traitors will be shot! For the motherland!  XD

Also, i seem to always get MT right at the beginning of the game, must be because i know people can't aim or watch their backs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 04:54:59 PM by Cheez »

April 12, 2005, 08:06:26 PM
Reply #51

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
A good way to keep your rines happy is when they ask for something, like a shottie, and you dont feel like wasting 10 res (you know it is. ... unless its pinky) then tell him to go secure a target, I usually send em off for res or a pg, and you know what? works like a charm. people who cant follow orders for the beacon of them, will go to the exact spot you want them too if they know they can get better guns.

then if they die right after or something and ask for a hmg, give them another shottie and tell them to prove themselves, :-D I love playing mind games with my marines.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

April 12, 2005, 10:33:28 PM
Reply #52

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
A good way to keep your rines happy is when they ask for something, like a shottie, and you dont feel like wasting 10 res (you know it is. ... unless its pinky) then tell him to go secure a target, I usually send em off for res or a pg, and you know what? works like a charm. people who cant follow orders for the beacon of them, will go to the exact spot you want them too if they know they can get better guns.

then if they die right after or something and ask for a hmg, give them another shottie and tell them to prove themselves, :-D I love playing mind games with my marines.
[snapback]46097[/snapback]
:o  Bill did that to me.  I feel so used.  :(
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!