Author Topic: World Of Warcraft Open Beta  (Read 12771 times)

November 08, 2004, 04:47:29 PM
Reply #40

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
aiight, i'm d/ling the beta client.  Planning on going horde, is there a specific server we're gunna pack?

Looks like we already have some ppl in Test server 12, mountain time, as Alliance.  Prolly best to pack that server, for the alliance toons.  I'm thinkin' a different mountain time server would be good to pick for Horde, because we've got ppl from all over in this community.

so, if someone has any opinions, do share.
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

November 08, 2004, 05:17:26 PM
Reply #41

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
go central 28, :D that's the server I'll be on.
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

November 08, 2004, 05:28:23 PM
Reply #42

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Since Zero is awesomely cool and lives in Central area, I'll join him on 28 I guess.  Horde or Alliance?
signature

November 08, 2004, 05:59:52 PM
Reply #43

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
well, since we've already got some sort of ppl on test server 12 mountain time as alliance...

I'm thinkin cerntral 28 should be horde.  but maybe i'm just crazy...

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

November 08, 2004, 06:10:54 PM
Reply #44

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

November 08, 2004, 06:46:27 PM
Reply #45

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
*grumbes about not having a fileplanet subscription to play WoW with you nubs*
olo grumblecakes.

i keep trying to see if theres some way i can get it... but i keep failing...
i only have a free memebrship thingy i think.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 08, 2004, 06:50:08 PM
Reply #46

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
to hell with it then.  maybe when it finishes d/ling, i'll post what server i join.  maybe i won't.  organization is for WIMPS!

November 08, 2004, 07:06:49 PM
Reply #47

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
:(  :help:  :angry:  :o

November 08, 2004, 07:27:32 PM
Reply #48

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Okay fine.

My server is server 12. Nooblet is on server 12. Server 12 is a PVP server, and we're both Alliance.

Go ahead and play Horde on server 12, it doesn't matter, I'll just shred your ass with an ambush in stonetalon :)

HOWEVER The populations are going to be HORRIBLE. Mountain Servers are going to be the least populated, and therefore the easiest to play on. Lowest ping, gonna be less crowded. Keep that in mind...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 07:32:32 PM by Uranium - 235 »

November 09, 2004, 08:06:33 AM
Reply #49

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
You're a god damn TANK and you wear PLATE MAIL. He wears LEATHER. What did you expect to happen? Warriors are there to taunt and keep aggro. Rogues draw a ton of aggro (as well as mages) because they deal a lot of damage.
[snapback]33054[/snapback]

oh sorry, seriously forgot to say im playing a priest =/ what im saying is warriors are lacking royally in the ability to keep aggro, miss/parry/evade-able taunt on a 2m cd? =/ i think warrs are able to taunt a ton in defensive or something like that? dunno how it works exactly :(

November 09, 2004, 10:01:17 AM
Reply #50

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
Okay fine.

My server is server 12. Nooblet is on server 12. Server 12 is a PVP server, and we're both Alliance.

Go ahead and play Horde on server 12, it doesn't matter, I'll just shred your ass with an ambush in stonetalon :)

HOWEVER The populations are going to be HORRIBLE. Mountain Servers are going to be the least populated, and therefore the easiest to play on. Lowest ping, gonna be less crowded. Keep that in mind...
[snapback]33067[/snapback]
I too have joined the fabled server 12.
My gome rouge is running around having lots of fun :D
I hate this school crap, I wanna go play more WoW D:

November 09, 2004, 11:26:21 AM
Reply #51

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Of you 12 and 28 people, which are planning on playing non-obsessively?  I won't have time to level up fast, I have a feeling that HD will be 10 levels higher than me in about 5 seconds.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

November 09, 2004, 02:49:31 PM
Reply #52

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You're a god damn TANK and you wear PLATE MAIL. He wears LEATHER. What did you expect to happen? Warriors are there to taunt and keep aggro. Rogues draw a ton of aggro (as well as mages) because they deal a lot of damage.
[snapback]33054[/snapback]

oh sorry, seriously forgot to say im playing a priest =/ what im saying is warriors are lacking royally in the ability to keep aggro, miss/parry/evade-able taunt on a 2m cd? =/ i think warrs are able to taunt a ton in defensive or something like that? dunno how it works exactly :(
[snapback]33087[/snapback]
Regardless of whatever you meant, rogues and mages are the damage dealers. They take a lot of skill to play well and survive, they can't take much damage, and they usually have all the aggro. Healers get aggro because monsters hate heals, and like to eliminate the healer first.

November 09, 2004, 02:59:30 PM
Reply #53

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
How are hunters as damage dealers?  I heard the latest patch helped them in this regard.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

November 09, 2004, 03:29:10 PM
Reply #54

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
How are hunters as damage dealers?  I heard the latest patch helped them in this regard.
[snapback]33128[/snapback]

Never played one, but I see them all the time. I hate them since they got a skill that lets them detect me through stealth, which is really :P.

November 09, 2004, 03:37:34 PM
Reply #55

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
i played a hunter in stress, but i dont know how they've changed since. From what i remember though, hunters excel at ranged combat and did pretty good damage with it too. just carry a big sword with ya in case someone gets close though. Their melee abilities arent as fancy as their ranged, but still offer interesting moves.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 09, 2004, 08:09:49 PM
Reply #56

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
OMG IT ACTUALLY FINISHED DOWNLOADING!

lvl 5 human paladin named Garlex on test server 12 !!!

fear my 250 armor.

November 09, 2004, 11:56:44 PM
Reply #57

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Lmao, I win the dumbass award of the evening.  :(

I love my big, comfy platronics headphones. I like listening to music through my big comfy platronics headphones as I write a report, listen to music, and keep an eye on the beta installer. Heck, they're so comfy that I often forget I have them on. After awhile, I'd started to get sleepy. So, I tried to get to a stopping point, but failed utterly, and nodded off in my chair.

I had the fortune to wake about ten minutes ago to see that my download had finally finished. Barely concious, I hit "finish" and went back to my report to save and exit, thinking only of my nice warm bed and how late i'd sleep in the next morning.

*BOOM* was all managed to hear before I went over backwards in my chair, crashing into a stack of tupperware containers full of paper, and kicking my keyboard very nearly into the next room. My three cats, all of whom were sleeping on the nearby couch and easychair, literally exploded out of the room in feline fright, one tripping over a lamp cord and sending said lamp to the floor where it shattered into a million pieces.

I rolled out of the disaster area i'd created, and saw that it had been the damned installation menu starting up. God in heaven, a gunshot could have scared me less than having the freaking main menu music blast through my headphones when I'm half comatose.

What a great start to WoW im having, perhaps when my heart leaves the saftey of my thyroid, i'll go ahead and install this beast.  :rolleyes:

November 10, 2004, 12:39:24 AM
Reply #58

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
hahaha nice one X

November 10, 2004, 01:30:56 AM
Reply #59

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I've got my Gnome Rogue, Zeph, to level 7 on the same server as Vinnie, Uranium, and Nooblet.