Author Topic: World Of Warcraft Open Beta  (Read 12814 times)

November 10, 2004, 03:37:15 AM
Reply #60

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
So we have....

Uranium - 235  --  Gilan - Level 30 Night Elf Rogue

Nooblet  --  Roik - Level 16 or so Dwarf Hunter

VinegarNinja  --  Vinegarninja  -  Gnome Rogue, I think.

Grimm  --  Zeph - Level 7 Gnome Rogue

Fatty  --  Garlex  -  Human Paladin

On a related matter, new pics of me with my guild tabard!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 03:43:34 PM by Uranium - 235 »

November 10, 2004, 05:34:37 AM
Reply #61

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yar. Some more PvP observations:

Hunter, doesn't quite cut it as a PvP class still. Sure they have a bow (or gun) and ranged attacks, but if you get snared by ANYTHING, you're basically dead (your opponent just runs up to you at that point and well... bye bye ranged attack). The melee attack the hunter has just doesn't deal enough damage to make any major difference. Their damage output just isn't high enough cap'n D:

I hear they're good at PvE though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 05:35:01 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

November 10, 2004, 10:09:54 AM
Reply #62

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Sorry XSZ, I win the super-supreme dumbass award of all time.

I've been downloading the beta client the whole time, thinking the account creation pages would only be available after the download.  Now that it's finished, the account creation pages are closed.  :(

Does anyone have an extra account?
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

November 10, 2004, 12:56:06 PM
Reply #63

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Does anyone have a extra account i can borrow. i want to try wow out to see if my computer can handle it. if it can handle it then i'm gonna buy it. PM ME if you have one. I feel left out =(
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 01:53:45 PM by Intensity Rising »

November 10, 2004, 01:17:00 PM
Reply #64

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
awesome story xsz ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 10, 2004, 03:15:27 PM
Reply #65

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I think I'm out too. Installation seems to stop 1/3 of the way in while trying to install terrain.mpq. Well, it hasn't moved in four hours... so.

Guess im waiting until the 23rd.  :(

November 10, 2004, 07:26:19 PM
Reply #66

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'm having the worst time downloading it. I can't download it at my house since the connection is so slow. At school, Fileplanet was being stupid (yesterday). Today the Blizzard downloader would only get up to 16.00KB. <_< I think it was because of some firewall hindering it. Tomorrow, I'm going to try Fileplanet one more time. One more....
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

November 10, 2004, 09:48:33 PM
Reply #67

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
ulatoh and i partied together today since we are both dwarfs on mountain 12

my character's name is Aidenan
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

November 11, 2004, 08:04:56 AM
Reply #68

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

I've been downloading the beta client the whole time, thinking the account creation pages would only be available after the download.  Now that it's finished, the account creation pages are closed.  :(

[snapback]33176[/snapback]
Doobie, looks like they reopened the account creation pages today. I'd get on it today if you want one still.

November 11, 2004, 09:45:26 AM
Reply #69

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile

I've been downloading the beta client the whole time, thinking the account creation pages would only be available after the download.  Now that it's finished, the account creation pages are closed.  :(

Doobie, looks like they reopened the account creation pages today. I'd get on it today if you want one still.
[snapback]33226[/snapback]
Yarr matey, ye got me hopes up, only to be dashed like a schooner on Old Gibby's Reef.

"Also, please note that account creation is only available for those with FilePlanet Final Stress Test or Open Beta keys."

Thanks for trying though ^_^

EDIT: Which race, out of human, gnome, dwarf, would be best for rogue?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 09:53:02 AM by Doobie Dan »
God, it's so creamy.

November 11, 2004, 06:24:00 PM
Reply #70

Cheez

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://photobucket.com/albums/v41/tehcheez/
Rawr! You guys never msg me ingame to do anything with you :(

Im on test serv #12 now, nightelf warrior, names Sonfa (i use the random name thing)

:help:

November 11, 2004, 06:56:03 PM
Reply #71

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Im on east 19, devicenull night elf rogue lvl 7

I've been /joining channel lm, and ignoring general...

November 11, 2004, 08:55:29 PM
Reply #72

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

[snapback]33226[/snapback]
Yarr matey, ye got me hopes up, only to be dashed like a schooner on Old Gibby's Reef.

"Also, please note that account creation is only available for those with FilePlanet Final Stress Test or Open Beta keys."

Thanks for trying though ^_^

EDIT: Which race, out of human, gnome, dwarf, would be best for rogue?
[snapback]33231[/snapback]
Ah, sorry. I only say Beta Signups Open! (or whatever it said). I didn't read the fine print. Always read the fine print.

November 11, 2004, 10:45:14 PM
Reply #73

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i met up with vinny and nooblet right outside stormwind today. i lost multipe times to vinny in duels  :( , but danced with nooblet afterwards!

November 12, 2004, 07:59:28 AM
Reply #74

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
Since i didnt get a hold of a account for wow I need some straight on help from you all that have it. Can my Intel Celeron 2.0 Ghz 768mb of ram with ati radeon 9800 pro handle wow? would i still get a bit of eye candy? I do not want to buy this game then find out my computer cannot handle it...

November 12, 2004, 10:10:31 AM
Reply #75

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i'm thinking we're gonna need to hand out more slots if we lose a large portion of our reserves to WOW?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 12, 2004, 10:16:46 AM
Reply #76

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Since i didnt get a hold of a account for wow I need some straight on help from you all that have it. Can my Intel Celeron 2.0 Ghz 768mb of ram with ati radeon 9800 pro handle wow? would i still get a bit of eye candy? I do not want to buy this game then find out my computer cannot handle it...
[snapback]33295[/snapback]
I run the game smoothly at 1024x768 with Athlon 2.2Ghz, 512mb of ram with GeForce FX5200 (128 of ram) so yes, I think you'll be more than fine.   :p
God, it's so creamy.

November 12, 2004, 12:51:51 PM
Reply #77

Forsaken

• Lerker

• View Profile
Currently on Test 9 and am loving the game so far.  I've played a rogue, mage, and warlock to 10 and just got my hunter to 16.  Impressions, the rogue and mage were more solid classes as the highest damage dealers.  Although the hunter was more enjoyable for me as there was so much versatility having pets, melee, and range all in one package.  I haven't really pvp'd much yet but I am looking forward to it.

November 13, 2004, 09:23:21 AM
Reply #78

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[snapback]33295[/snapback]
I run the game smoothly at 1024x768 with Athlon 2.2Ghz, 512mb of ram with GeForce FX5200 (128 of ram) so yes, I think you'll be more than fine.   :p
[snapback]33300[/snapback]
Yeah you should be able to run it, but I would think the processor would slow you down, Intensity.

November 13, 2004, 10:01:47 AM
Reply #79

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Here's my Gnome Rogue, Zeph, after I engineered myself a spiffy new pair of goggles.

Sometime last night, I had put a bid on a Mechanical Squirrel in the auction house because it was cheaper than most other Mechanical Squirrels up for bid, but somebody started outbidding me. I'd place my bid, the other person (they don't show names of who's bidding on what) would bid shortly after, and I worried that I wouldn't win the bid. Fortunately, the server started lagging to hell, and nobody could interact with any of the npcs, and I was the last one to place a bid. When I hopped on the server a bit later, I got my squirrel, and there it is standing with another one.