Author Topic: World Of Warcraft Open Beta  (Read 12816 times)

November 13, 2004, 12:17:56 PM
Reply #80

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
yeah thats what it think. I can't do nothing about it cause I'm broke right now and I need to put the money to more important stuff.

November 13, 2004, 05:18:06 PM
Reply #81

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
If you needed a mechanical squirrel I could've had a guildmate make you one :)

November 13, 2004, 06:39:37 PM
Reply #82

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
i stab squirrels with my daggers.

(lvl 13 NE rogue on Test 27 FTW)
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 13, 2004, 09:19:33 PM
Reply #83

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
If you needed a mechanical squirrel I could've had a guildmate make you one :)

Originally I thought I'd learn how to make them through one of the Engineer trainers, but I eventually learned you have to get them through schematics. I put a bid on a set of schematics in the Auction House in Ironforge, but havn't gotten to check it yet since I got disconnected some hours ago.

November 14, 2004, 09:14:20 AM
Reply #84

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
i'm thinking we're gonna need to hand out more slots if we lose a large portion of our reserves to WOW?
[snapback]33298[/snapback]
I'll gladly fire Uranium for inactivity. :)

November 15, 2004, 01:45:44 AM
Reply #85

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
People are awfully persistant to get items at times. Earlier today, I had a bid on some schematics for the Mechanical Squirrel, and nobody seemed interested. Not, of course, until the timer got down to "short" (In WoW, there is no actual clock that shows how long an auction is up for, just a general idea; For example, "short" means the auction ends and the highest bidder wins the item within the next 30 minutes, while "medium" is 30 minutes to two hours, "long" is two to eight hours, and "very long" is anything past 8 hours). I noticed that people like to start bidding during the "short" time a lot, and it makes sense because it's the easiest time to do it and you have less people to worry about bidding. But when you're bidding against someone extremely adamant about it, it becomes frustrating. Somebody bid on the schematics, so I went back and bid on them, then they bid, and I bid. Now, the auction went on longer than it normally would because as more people bid, a few minutes gets tacked on each time to allow others to join in. The bidding eventually stopped with him dropping 80 silver for the schematics (which is a really good chunk of change this early in the game), and I had to give up since it was more than I had. Fortunately, however, later in the night, I found another set of schematics and won the auction no problem, losing only 6 silver to the item (easily 1/12th the price the other guy payed in the earlier auction). So now I'm happy, making little mechanical squirrels for people, and I'll be able to make them and sell them in the auction for a profit as well.  :D

November 15, 2004, 04:19:10 AM
Reply #86

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The auction factor. The idea that "It's ours and we wants it!" will make people pay exorbitant prices for items that are not worth it. Auction houses live off it.

November 15, 2004, 09:11:55 AM
Reply #87

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I had been bidding all weekend on sets of squirrel schematics, only to be outbid in the last short while before the auction was over while I'm off doing a quest, or while I'm asleep since I didn't want to stay up watching bids all night. It was very very frustrating that, after four days, I hadn't got the schematics yet. Paying a lot for something like schematics isn't a problem; The schematics for certain items allow for a nice source of income by making the item and putting them up for bid at the auction house. Mechanical Squirrels go for 10 silver easily, although it's better to start the bid a little lower to get more people intersted.

November 16, 2004, 02:17:30 PM
Reply #88

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I think it was me who outbid you, Grimm :) I also won a bid for a mortar schematic.

Hey nooblet, how's that rifle?

November 16, 2004, 02:41:03 PM
Reply #89

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I don't recall seeing you in the auction house that night, and I'm pretty sure the guy that was bidding against me was a level 28 Gnome Warlock; he was wearing some more advanced goggles than any I can make (I just got the schematics for the shadow goggles today), and I'd assume a level 28 has a better cash reserve than I do. Plus he would run off to the mailbox each time I placed my bid, which is usually a sign of someone getting their money back to bid again. I'm happy now though, got the schematics later that day for a hell of a lot cheaper.

November 16, 2004, 05:20:43 PM
Reply #90

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
man i have a story like that. here's the short version.

I bid on a nice murlok scale chest and around the time the limit got to 'short', i get outbid. I didnt have the money to outbid right away so i ran to the mail, picked up my money and outbid the guy. It seems he didn't have the money either, so as i leave to visit the mail i see a gnome running past as well. It's apparent this guy's the one trying to outbid me, and we pass each other back and forth for a couple minutes. Was really hectic too... as soon as one of us outbid the other we immediately ran to the mail to pick up our money to quickly outbid the other again.
was really funny watching us passing each other fully knowing we were competing on that.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 19, 2004, 04:47:20 PM
Reply #91

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
Loved the rifle but as in my char was DELETED! I cant enjoy it anymore.  ::sniff::
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.