Author Topic: World Of Warcraft Open Beta  (Read 12685 times)

November 04, 2004, 08:52:15 PM
Read 12685 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well yeah, open beta is coming around. Since I mooch off my friend's FP account I get to play now, playing Alliance on Test Server 12 Mountain Time.

It seems that there's a group of NS players playing undead on another server, but nuts to them, since most of the NS people I can't stand on the forums much less in-game, I invite anyone to join me instead. It seems that for some stupid reason several of you are playing undead because you're closet necropheliacs or some other equally dumb reason, because undead are probably the least interesting race next to gnomes.

So anyway, yeah. Just because I can, they added an awesome movie to the client that's fun to watch, I got some screencaps from it just for the hell of it.

November 04, 2004, 09:02:45 PM
Reply #1

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Mmm... Infernals....

I hope playing as a Night Elf has it's perks, because I have my heart set on being a druid. Can't wait to get involved!

November 04, 2004, 09:45:07 PM
Reply #2

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i'll get in on this when it comes to open beta. the game will be better than sex with holy_devil 4 times in one night.  :blink:

November 04, 2004, 10:45:09 PM
Reply #3

EmperorPenguin

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Gotta hand it to Blizzard, their videos are always amazing.  <3  Absolutely top class.  My favourite part of WC3, actually.  This one looks even better!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 10:49:15 PM by EmperorPenguin »
"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby?  Maybe we'll never know."

November 04, 2004, 11:07:29 PM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/trailer

There ya go!

Druids at the moment are pretty gimp. Blizz thinks they're overpowered, the players think they're crap. I'm probably gonna play one in retail but that's for hoping they'll someday buff it.

November 05, 2004, 02:13:02 AM
Reply #5

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Is this still the 'open' beta that's not really open because it's restricted to north americans? =P

November 05, 2004, 03:26:03 AM
Reply #6

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well Gemmy, just get used to the fact that North America is the only part of the world that matters. The sooner you and I realize that our countries are third-rate, the sooner we can learn to live with it.

November 05, 2004, 04:23:31 AM
Reply #7

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Blizzard loves foreigners (since they like to buy their games), but since they are an American developer, they test in America first (if they have betas anywhere else later).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

November 05, 2004, 07:46:49 AM
Reply #8

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
wow, i dont think my computer can handle this....I should of not kept on playing that one night. If i didnt i would still have my proccesor

lf: Lay off the bold please.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 05:33:31 AM by lolfighter »

November 05, 2004, 10:10:22 AM
Reply #9

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
If I make it in, I plan on playing Dwarf.

Uranub, is there any special method to increase chances of getting in, or is it all a lottery?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm reading all about it on WoW.com right now.

Anyone else interested in joining up for human/dwarf?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 10:20:12 AM by Doobie Dan »
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

November 05, 2004, 01:52:06 PM
Reply #10

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i'll get in on this when it comes to open beta. the game will be better than sex with holy_devil 4 times in one night.  :blink:
[snapback]32812[/snapback]

stop lying, nothing is better than that.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 05, 2004, 02:37:57 PM
Reply #11

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
i'll get in on this when it comes to open beta. the game will be better than sex with holy_devil 4 times in one night.  :blink:
[snapback]32812[/snapback]

stop lying, nothing is better than that.
[snapback]32845[/snapback]

sure there is, having sex with holy_devil 5 times in one night with nite owl in a rocking chair in one corner telling you how these things were done when he was our age.

as for WoW, i plan on playing a gnome warlock with 2 other frisnds i met while playing the stress test. I'm noly taking gnomes for the open because that's the last race i'd play seriously when retail comes along. with that said, i'll be buying lots of alcohol and my clothing will be missing whenever i i feel like causing a ruckus.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 02:41:15 PM by ThoraX »
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 05, 2004, 03:23:50 PM
Reply #12

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
just for the record, i plan on playing a troll shaman for the open beta.  cuz i doubt i'll get the game, and i want to try it out.

anyone else thinking of going non-alliance for this?
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

November 05, 2004, 09:27:44 PM
Reply #13

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Finally got around to watching the cinema. Very nice. I want to play this game...
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

November 05, 2004, 10:29:03 PM
Reply #14

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Vinnie and I will be making Gnome Rogues on one of the West Coast servers.

Slink: I had a Troll Shaman for the stress test a couple months ago, got him up to level 20 or 21. Overall, I had a lot of fun with him; A mix of a tanker/melee fighter with its own healing and damaging spells, and the totems are pretty nice.

I kicked Vinnie's butt in a duel when he was two levels higher than me, but he goes on about how he was a warlock, and "warlocks don't do well against melee enemies". I still tease him about it though.  :p

November 05, 2004, 10:41:38 PM
Reply #15

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile

November 05, 2004, 11:34:21 PM
Reply #16

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
i took out a tauren shaman that was 2 levels above my nightelf hunter. It was a cool battle too. He attacked me on the docks of Ratchet (that goblin town) so i jumped in the water and dived down. he followed and i hit him with a move that slows movement, so the rest of the fight was me basically slashing away at him from behind and slowing his movement while he frantically tried to swim to the surface before he downed. :D

I can't wait for this game. I had so much fun in just that one week of the stress test. They released the racial traits too! I'm really liking the Nightelf abilities.. turning into a wisp at death for faster movement is really cool, especially when i've had bad luck with corpse runs over huge distances.

@ grimm/vinnie: Gnome Rogues in the open beta or retail? If you are i'll join you guys.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 11:48:34 PM by ThoraX »

November 06, 2004, 01:15:34 AM
Reply #17

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Gnome Rogues in the open beta; For retail I've been planning on an Undead Warlock, although I've been seriously reconsidering the Warlock bit because it seems everyone and his brother is making one. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

November 06, 2004, 04:17:24 AM
Reply #18

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
wow... up until thorax's story I hadn't been too bothered about WoW but now I'm intrigued; doesn't sound like any combat situation I've seen in an MMO before PvP or otherwise =o

November 06, 2004, 02:41:52 PM
Reply #19

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
yep, the combat is what hooked me in. I absoloutely love the fact that your position relative to your opponent matters, and you dont automatically turn around to attack your target. With that said, if you can maneuver behind your opponent and stay behind him, he won't have a chance at attcking you until he can turn around.

I've seen a duel between two warriors which left one of them the winner with barely a scratch on him. Reason being was that he was behind the other guy the whole time and his opponent couldn't turn around fast enough to catch him before the other guy jumped over and behind again.