Author Topic: Do You Like People Irl  (Read 10855 times)

August 26, 2004, 06:13:45 PM
Reply #40

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Bob, as much as we all might appreciate that quiz, posting things like that tend to drag threads down to nothing but stat spamming, and I almost always am convinced that nearly everyone doesn't answer truthfully, and answers the questions to get the results they want everyone else to see. For instance - DHP apparently has a score of 1% sensing. I call BS on that one, and anyone who talks to him in IRC would probably agree. I know he's a lot more compassionate then I am. This is like those 'what kind of world leader will you be' quizzes and people answer questions with answers like 'KILL ALL THE JEWS', even though in real life they probably can't even crush an anthill without feeling bad. Quizzes tend to just degrade to contests of who is the best/worst or who won.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 06:36:31 PM by Uranium - 235 »

August 26, 2004, 06:25:09 PM
Reply #41

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
Negative, sir, try to understand the concepts before you bash them. For one thing, sensing doesn't have anything to do with what you seem to have interpreted it as. Sensing in this terminology means using your 5 senses to interact with the world. It means understanding the world by what your see and hear and smell.

By contrast, the alternate category there is intuition, which is exactly what it says, using a sort of sixth sense or intuition or basically something besides basic scientific method to understand the world. Impressions, leaps of faith that work out, that sort of thing. None of these categories imply that a person is somehow 'worse' than another person.

All that said, I'm finding this thread insightful towards understanding the people that I game and chat with all day long. So people, keep up with the data, I for one am very interested in it.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 26, 2004, 09:11:32 PM
Reply #42

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Results for Bob ^_^ :

Your Type is:
INTJ
Introverted   67
Intuitive     11
Thinking    67
Judging       67

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
    * distinctively expressed introvert
    * slightly expressed intuitive personality
    * distinctively expressed thinking personality
    * distinctively expressed judging personality

According to other tests and quizes, I'm considered a Visual and Spatial / Logical Thinker

The Portrait of a Mastermind (INTJ) and Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging by Marina Margaret Heiss. Holy :D. These are so dead on that it's scary, especially that second one. I'm one who doesn't naturally want to take immediate charge, but, like told in the article, assumes responsibilities when others show their inabilities. (Company Computer Guy from SNL, "what do you mean reformat my hard drive, what's that mean" "MOVE" *tickitey tick tick ticky ticky* "There, now was that so hard?" :p ). If you wish to know what kind of a person I am, please read these articles.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 10:37:23 PM by Satiagraha »

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

August 26, 2004, 09:45:19 PM
Reply #43

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
See, that's interesting. I think Uranium's just being a sourpuss. Come on, mr meanie, take the test yourself and share your deep dark secrets with us.  :p

August 26, 2004, 10:03:51 PM
Reply #44

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
See, that's interesting. I think Uranium's just being a sourpuss. Come on, mr meanie, take the test yourself and share your deep dark secrets with us.  :p
[snapback]27530[/snapback]
Aye, I was very surprised in the degree and depth at which this applies to me. Let's hear your story, Uranium

Hey Bob, could you tell me the definition of all the other traits? Such as Judging, Preceiving, etc.? Or could you direct me to a list of the attributes and definitions? I'm curious to know what, exactly, these mean. I find this to be quite an interesting subject.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 10:39:38 PM by Satiagraha »

August 27, 2004, 12:47:17 AM
Reply #45

Keyser59

• Gorge

• View Profile
Type:  ISFP
Introverted: 11
Sensing: 11
Feeling: 11
Perceiving: 22

# slightly expressed introvert
# slightly expressed sensing personality
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality

Hey cool, I'm a Michael Jackson or a Paul McCartney.

August 27, 2004, 01:00:06 AM
Reply #46

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
damnit, i was taknig it with my sloppiest and most mushy parts of my exaggerated and.. well, just DAMNIT

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33   11   1   33

pretty much all gamers, i'd think are IN something. usually intj. it's SUPPOSED to be rare, but not in teh intarweb, is my very qualitative finding.

i'd say about 50% of those responses they ask for, it's really a "well, it DEPENDS" it totally depends given more information how i'd truthfully answer.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 27, 2004, 09:29:29 AM
Reply #47

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
NiteOwl: last time a took this test (2 years ago), I was working in IT, and I was slight "E" (Extrovert), so I was ENTP. I don't remember my exact score, but I was very close to I. I'm a little more introverted (which I had already noticed berfore this, and I intend to "get out more"), but the rest remains.

Uranium: This is a great test. Our entire IT department took this test along with a class to better understand how to interact with one another in our workplace, and it did help alot. Understanding I like to "fly by the seat of my pants" and my coworker has to have every single detail maticulously planned out can help your communication with said person.

Bob: You're right. It is interesting how borderline works. For instance, I retook the test, and I have a bad memory, so I have no idea what questions I answered differently, but now my score is different:

For FYI:

E - Extrovert | S - Sensing  | T - Thinking  |  J - Judging
I - Introvert  | N  - Intuitive | F -  Feeling   |  P - Perceiving

The closer you are to 0%, the more middle of the road, the stronger the Percentage, the more of that type you are. For instance:

100% Sensing----------------0% In Between---------------100% Intuitive

These are both of my results. Yesterday I was sick and not in a well mood, and today I feel much better and I am in a good mood, so this may suggest attitude while taking the test alters results.

First Test:                              

INTP                                      
Introverted 11%                    
Intuitive 67%                        
Thinking 1%                          
Perceiving 33%                    

Second Test:

ENFP
Extroverted 11%
Intuitive 56%
Feeling 11%
Perceiving 11%

Third Test:

ENTP.
Extraverted (E) 61% Introverted (I) 39%
Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
Thinking (T) 65% Feeling (F) 35%
Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%

I basically went the opposite direction of the first test by an average of 16, stronger on my perception and Introversion.

I am now:

slightly expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

It's funny that I would swing so widely on Thinking/Feeling, but my wife is a strong feeler, so I try to stop and consider that in making my decisions more often, so that would explain the adjustment.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 10:06:59 AM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

August 27, 2004, 11:51:52 AM
Reply #48

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
rad4Christ,Aug 27 2004, 10:29 AM]
E - Extrovert | S - Sensing  | T - Thinking  |  J - Judging
I - Introvert  | I  - Intuitive | F -  Feeling   |  P - Perceiving

Actually it's N - iNtuitive (to avoid confusion with Introvert). But otherwise that was the prettiest post I've seen in a long while. Also what did I say? Tons of INT* people.  :D

Edit: Also, Nite being J instead of P supports an idea I've had, that good comms will lean more towards judging instead of perceiving. Because J types are more inclined to want to make a decision based on the best info they have, whereas P types lean more towards getting more and more information, and thinking about it, and then getting more information, and then pontificating for a while, followed by some crunching and maybe later some mental processing. And never come to a decision. Which probably explains why I can write 30 page diatribes on commanding strategy, but when I do get in the chair (rarely) things just fall apart. Whereas Nite just hops in a says 'GO HERE'. While I'd be thinking so hard about where to send people and how to focus strength and what build order to use and where the aliens might be, and where the aliens THINK we'll be, and where they think we think they'll be.... that by the time I give orders, the team's already run out of base and gotten killed ten times over.

Edit Edit: Curious, I went and took a different test, one that actually shows both sides of the equation. This one swiped wildly over from T to F. Weird.

Your personality type is INFP.

Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
Intuitive (N) 95% Sensing (S) 5%
Feeling (F) 70% Thinking (T) 30%
Perceiving (P) 82% Judging (J) 18%

Everything else is pretty much standard though. It's that feeling/thinking line that seems to waver back and forth so much. I'm betting that will change a lot just depending on one's mood. The OTHER test, if you're curious, is here.

The "I'm talking to myself by now" Edit: That second test also allows for halfway responses, so you get less of the test trying to force you into one way or another. All in all, a superior test. Someone should bump this topic so I can stop editing to myself.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 03:22:44 PM by BobTheJanitor »

August 27, 2004, 04:07:56 PM
Reply #49

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm too lazy to do two tests so I just did the first one :p

ENFP

Extrovert - 33%
Intuitive - 44%
Feeling - 67%
Percieving - 56%

The extrovert is no surprise... I've never ever done a jung test and not got E lol.  Infact, I get E_FP almost every time; the only thing that changes even over the years seems to be it flickering between intuitive and sensing for me, though it's mostly intuitive =3

And stop being silly U, I'm not avoiding you ~huffs and crosses arms pouting~

August 27, 2004, 10:14:31 PM
Reply #50

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
I took the second test that Bob posted.

Your personality type is ISTJ.
Introverted (I) 93% -- Extraverted (E) 7%
Sensing (S) 58% ----- Intuitive (N) 42%
Thinking (T) 85% ----- Feeling (F) 15%
Judging (J) 86% ------- Perceiving (P) 14%

It seems that my Sensing/Intuitive scores change with mood, as they continuously flip-flop between eachother.  One thing is for certain, I'm a I_TJ. The Sen/Intu score is realistically balanced between them.

August 27, 2004, 11:03:50 PM
Reply #51

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
This thread actually helped me out a bit. Nite's posting of that excellent article prompted me to look more into the whole concept of introversion, and there's quite a bit of data out there. Google away, if you're curious. It's just nice to know that I'm not the only person in the world who despises people trying to make small talk. If you don't have anything to say, why are you interrupting my reverie? I sit alone at lunch and read a book. I can't stand loud or annoying interruptions. TV and radio commercials drive me mad. My friends seem to think I'M the crazy one, always muting the TV or turning down the radio when commercials come on -- some of them going as far as to actually turn it back up! ARGH! I never could understand why anyone would want to listen to loud worthless drivel blaring out at them when it was so simple to turn it off. Turns out that extroverts are energized by such things. Extroverts tend to LIKE distraction, whereas introverts find it quite horrible. I like just sitting alone and enjoying solitude. I hate being dragged out to parties. I get a lot of flak about being 'anti-social'. Now I know there's not anything abnormal about that at all. Well... I always knew there was nothing abnormal about it. It just always seemed curious that I was the only normal person in the world and everyone else was so abnormal.  ;)

That's why this topic has been so interesting to me. It lead me to do some research into a part of myself that I always knew was there, but never really put a name to, or gave any attention to.

August 27, 2004, 11:18:52 PM
Reply #52

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
For the record:

ISTJ

Introverted  - 78%
Sensing       - 56%
Thinking      - 33%
Judging       - 44%

very expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Just in case you care.  <_<
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 11:19:04 PM by Asal »
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

August 27, 2004, 11:52:52 PM
Reply #53

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Just in case you care.  <_<
I do care, that's why I keep shamelessly bumping this thread. (but in the proper way, bumping to add new and insightful and fascinating information) I'd love it if all the regulars would take five minutes to finish one or the other of those tests and post the results. Like I said, I find it fascinating to learn more about people.

Edit: Just found a page that nicely sums up the different types (because I just noticed that Sati posted asking for more info a few posts up... oops, sorry!) Check here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 11:55:28 PM by BobTheJanitor »

August 28, 2004, 01:26:02 AM
Reply #54

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
See, that's interesting. I think Uranium's just being a sourpuss. Come on, mr meanie, take the test yourself and share your deep dark secrets with us.  :p
[snapback]27530[/snapback]

What was that Seinfield? Where George was saying:

"My life is a lie. Everything I do is a lie. No one knows the real me. I don't even know who I am."

Then in another episode:

"It's not a lie if you believe it."

You may deduce what you will from that and my other forum posts. I shall need not a silly test to prove otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 01:27:16 AM by Uranium - 235 »

August 28, 2004, 05:44:57 AM
Reply #55

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
heh... after looking at bob's thingy (the link! the link!!! >< ) I'm definitely a feeling percieving person =3

"are interested in people and their feelings"
"evaluate things by ethics and good or bad"
"can be touchy or use emotional manipulation"
"can start many things at once without finishing them properly"
"work productivity depends on their mood"

2 major points in intuitive always apply to me though...

"are interested in everything new and unusual"
"do not like routine"

the rest is kinda bleh for me so I can see why I flip-flop between the two often with the aspects of intuitive in those two points probably being what weighs me more towards the intuitive side ^^

I get irked by people who turn off the volume for adverts though or flick channels when the ads hit ><
Mind you I also get miffed with my mum when she tries to make small talk with me if I'm watching something or when she talks to me when I'm on the phone with someone else... she's the only person I know who does either =P

August 28, 2004, 10:46:49 AM
Reply #56

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You may deduce what you will from that and my other forum posts. I shall need not a silly test to prove otherwise.
Okay, I'm deducing that you're probably an E/ISFP. I can't really tell if you're introverted or extroverted, as you can't tell anything from forums. The former type will communicate madly on the internet (me, for example) but in real life prefers people to just bugger off and leave them alone. And extroverts can be forum whores just as much as anyone else. Of course, my guess could be entirely wrong, and you might be hiding an INFP behind a facade for all I know. But you did invite deduction, so that's what you got.

And this isn't exactly a 'silly test'. It's a commonly used psychological tool. I get the feeling that you're eqating this in your mind to something like the 'WhAt SoRt Of CaReBeAr ArE YoU???' tests that you see floating around live journal and other such places. Believe me, it's not.

I get irked by people who turn off the volume for adverts though or flick channels when the ads hit ><
Burn in the lake of fire, you evil evil person!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 10:48:16 AM by BobTheJanitor »

August 28, 2004, 01:41:57 PM
Reply #57

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm not evil, I'm just extrovert... and pretty... and wonderful... and modest? :huh:

August 28, 2004, 02:47:40 PM
Reply #58

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
"are interested in people and their feelings"
"are interested in everything new and unusual"
[snapback]27647[/snapback]
Yet you never visit us!, we're people...we're unusual! ;_;

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

August 28, 2004, 02:47:57 PM
Reply #59

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
It's just nice to know that I'm not the only person in the world who despises people trying to make small talk. If you don't have anything to say, why are you interrupting my reverie? I sit alone at lunch and read a book. I can't stand loud or annoying interruptions. TV and radio commercials drive me mad. My friends seem to think I'M the crazy one, always muting the TV or turning down the radio when commercials come on -- some of them going as far as to actually turn it back up! ARGH! I never could understand why anyone would want to listen to loud worthless drivel blaring out at them when it was so simple to turn it off.
[snapback]27622[/snapback]
Thank god, I thought I was the only one. Glad to know that there are other normal people out there besides me <3
Edit: Just found a page that nicely sums up the different types (because I just noticed that Sati posted asking for more info a few posts up... oops, sorry!) Check here.
[snapback]27629[/snapback]
I found similar pages. Shortly after taking the test my first time, I did quite a bit of research on the topics, patterns, etc. I think that it's a very interesting subject. And I was extremely surprised by how close to home the test landed for me.