Author Topic: Do You Like People Irl  (Read 10857 times)

August 25, 2004, 01:55:10 PM
Reply #20

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I'm free and easy with everyone I meet. If I get bad vibes from a person, I treat them coldly.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

August 25, 2004, 02:45:37 PM
Reply #21

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I don't like the whole 'human' concept at all.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

August 25, 2004, 03:35:45 PM
Reply #22

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
When I chose to light up I can talk with pretty much any person and am generally outgoing, some people like me, but I irk others with quirky ways
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

August 25, 2004, 07:00:58 PM
Reply #23

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I guess I'm a bit of both... depending on the day =P

Most of the time I'm happy with or without people.  When out and about it's not uncommon at all for me to strike up conversations with total strangers for random reasons (yesterday I overheard someone talking about films; he couldn't remember the title of it and I just had to jump in and help by giving them the answer which resulted in appreciative smiles and a small chat to keep me occupied while waiting for some friends I was meeting =3 ).

I don't hate people at all... I do hate jerks though.  If I think you're one of the few people who fits into 'jerk' when I see you I'll probably still be civil but you'll have to do a lot to convince me otherwise of my initial opinion of you.  Luckily it seems I'm alarmingly good at judging people's characters off the bat so my stubborness has never been a problem and I've even identified a few totally annoying people long before others finally realised how two-faced or nerve-grinding they are ^^

Sometimes I enjoy time on my own though... mind you saying that I guess I'm just thinking of the times my 'me time' is broken by my stalker coming in for me.  He really pisses me off but I feel sorry for him for some reason so I don't get on at him; go figure ~shrugs and sticks tongue out~
[snapback]27354[/snapback]
I can say with reasonable positivity that you are an introvert.  I always jump into conversations with people but I am fixidly introverted.  Its not like a disablity that prevents you from haveing normal social encounters with people, or some wierd thing that doesn't allow you to enjoy talking to people.  It simply is a peronality trate that governs certain aspects of your life in a slightly irregular way.  

Just from the fact that you say that you when you sence something about someone you are always right.  Extroverts generally have terrible people senses, they easily jump to illogical conclusions and rarely contomplate probablility systems.  Introverts are less likey to pick up the name of everyone in the room or be able to tell you what someone is wearing at any given point, but they often have immaculate perceptions of deeper going ons, because they are fuled by thier energy to focus on other people, not fuled by other people focusing on them.

If you talk to an introvert you can be reasonably sure they know you quite well.  If you talk to an extrovert expect to be added to the list.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 25, 2004, 09:41:24 PM
Reply #24

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I like how Swift is suddenly the expert on the subject.  :p

Anyway, whenever I meet somebody new, I take some time to see how they act and what kind of attitudes they have. Minor annoyances about a person are easily ignoreable, and most often I can get along with a lot of people. There are people I find especially annoying and I do what I can to avoid them, although if I have to converse with them, I make my statements short and frank. That usually gets them bugged and they leave on their own.

Personally, I don't go out of my way to meet new people randomly. If there's someone sitting across from me on the city bus ride home, there's pretty much a definite chance that I'm not going to greet them and start a conversation. People don't usually try to start conversations with me either because I focus on things other than the people around me, and wear my headphones most of the time. However, if somebody I know introduces me to people they know, I don't have a problem greeting them and asking them general conversational questions, again going back to finding out what kind of person they are.

August 25, 2004, 10:10:32 PM
Reply #25

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I myself are rather introverted, but I still love people. Small talk bores me, but I could talk about philosophy or theology, or theoretical physics, or chemistry for hours on end.

I like talking to new people, seeing what makes them tick, seeing their wants and needs, and seeing if I can help meet those. If not, then I become pleasent company, if so, then I seek out a strong friendship. Floating around in groups usually bores me, but all in all, I like being in a crowd of friends, even if I'm not involved in conversation with any of them.

Soo... Yes, I like people.

August 26, 2004, 01:54:29 AM
Reply #26

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
how long is 'time'?
[snapback]27264[/snapback]

I don't know :) It might be shortly, it might be a while, it could even be after LM is dead and gone. I have to... prepare myself though. This isn't the easiest thing I plan on doing, I can't (Okay, I could but I probably wouldn't survive it) just get up and do it right now. Funny thing is, if I asked, I know several people who would come with me, or at least consider the idea. Unfortunately this is something I have to do myself (Cue speculation).

But back on topic, I do regularly make the effort to 'get along' with people, and can do it VERY well, usually to the point of getting exactly what I want... >:D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 01:57:02 AM by Uranium - 235 »

August 26, 2004, 02:55:19 AM
Reply #27

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I like how Swift is suddenly the expert on the subject.  :p

Anyway, whenever I meet somebody new, I take some time to see how they act and what kind of attitudes they have. Minor annoyances about a person are easily ignoreable, and most often I can get along with a lot of people. There are people I find especially annoying and I do what I can to avoid them, although if I have to converse with them, I make my statements short and frank. That usually gets them bugged and they leave on their own.

Personally, I don't go out of my way to meet new people randomly. If there's someone sitting across from me on the city bus ride home, there's pretty much a definite chance that I'm not going to greet them and start a conversation. People don't usually try to start conversations with me either because I focus on things other than the people around me, and wear my headphones most of the time. However, if somebody I know introduces me to people they know, I don't have a problem greeting them and asking them general conversational questions, again going back to finding out what kind of person they are.
[snapback]27414[/snapback]
... I'm hardly an expert, but I know a fair bit.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 26, 2004, 03:32:50 AM
Reply #28

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
Well I'm off to Portsmouth University soon, so I'll have to get along with new people. Mainly becuase I'm going to be in a flat with 4 other people I don't know.

FIX THIS!

August 26, 2004, 08:21:49 AM
Reply #29

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Interesting article. Has actually made me question whether I'm really as introvert as I see myself.

August 26, 2004, 10:28:05 AM
Reply #30

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
That article was truly great, Nite. Couldn't have described me better. Now I need to let my girl read it so maybe I won't have to answer the question 'What's wrong?' ALL THE TIME. Nothing's wrong. I'm just not feeling chatty.

I suppose about now someone should link to a test so we can all run through it and find out that most of us are introverted. (I'm betting mostly INT*s) So, take the test and post your scores already!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 26, 2004, 11:20:50 AM
Reply #31

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Now I need to let my girl read it so maybe I won't have to answer the question 'What's wrong?' ALL THE TIME. Nothing's wrong. I'm just not feeling chatty.

Well - when you have a grumpy look and say NOTHING, I'M FINE.  Of course she's going to keep asking you.  My damn husband does the same thing daily and I bug him with "whats wrong" because most of the time there  IS SOMETHING on his mind that venting or talking would help with.  Plus if he snaps back NOTHING!!!! then it's only logical to assume that there's a HUGE issue most likely involving me that is making him be a crabby pants.  Sounds like me and 'your girl' have a lot in common.  It's not US that have to change - it's you!   ^_^   PS... In your perfect world, what should she (or I) do in those situations - ignore you and sit in silence??

On a different note:
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted - 67%
Sensing - 33%
Feeling - 50%
Judging - 33%

You are:
distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

August 26, 2004, 11:58:02 AM
Reply #32

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
INTP --
Introverted 78 Intuitive 56 Thinking 1 Perceiving 100

I'm always wavering right on that line between thinking and feeling, but I always seem to fall into the thinking camp by a scant 1 or 2% whenever I take the test. Curious, that. Wild differences between me and duckeh, though. Except for high 'I' scores on both, which I could have told you before we took the test.

And I think the problems you're talking about come from the differences between the last three categories. You should have your guy take the test and see what he comes up with. INTP maybe?

August 26, 2004, 12:29:34 PM
Reply #33

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I was wondering when the Myers-Briggs would come into play. Anyway, I'm :

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted 11%
Intuitive 67%
Thinking 1%
Perceiving 33%
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

August 26, 2004, 12:55:28 PM
Reply #34

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
I made him take it  >:D

iNFj

Introverted     22
Intuitive       56
Feeling 22     
Judging 11

sounds close in the descriptions, but not right on.

[snapback]27471[/snapback]

August 26, 2004, 01:24:17 PM
Reply #35

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
I'm so cold D:

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted 78
Sensing 1
Thinking 33
Judging 11

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

August 26, 2004, 01:35:31 PM
Reply #36

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
All the borderlines we're getting are pretty interesting. Me and rad4 are both borderline thinking/feeling, and DHP is borderline intuitive/sensing. Weird. It makes me wonder how the test works. Is it an either/or proposition, where it tries to pigeonhole you as either the first or second type for each category? So if you answer 'yes' to a question that adds a point to 'thinking' does it subtract a point from 'feeling' automatically? Would a test that didn't do this have me as 49% feeling and 51% thinking?

August 26, 2004, 01:36:12 PM
Reply #37

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
INTP
Introverted 89
Intuitive 11
Thinking 100