Author Topic: Bill Comm Strats  (Read 9641 times)

August 05, 2004, 08:43:12 PM
Reply #20

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Nancy - cargo - just because I wonder if it's at all possible for marines to GET here without dying at game start... maybe with a really bad alien team it would be possible, but otherwise I strongly doubt it. Would be a nice area control relocate, with res nearby in a few areas, but it's mostly theoretical.
[snapback]25022[/snapback]

Baaaaaad idea. There is a vent that exits at the very top of the ceiling along the lip that runs around the upper indentation. Bilebomb heaven :p (I am the master of the nancy vents, I know all >_> )

August 05, 2004, 09:27:08 PM
Reply #21

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
:(

noone has said the other side of marine start on ns_eclipse?

August 06, 2004, 02:55:55 AM
Reply #22

TheAdj

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Keep this to a minimum please. If you relocate to some impossible location every single time you comm, you're holding the game hostage. You're denying everyone a normal game because you think it should be screwing around time. If we see this happening too often and people start to complain about it, you force us to make rules against it, making our ruleset even more complex and creating more work for the admins. Please remember that LM is not your personal playgroud. Yes, we want you to have fun, but we want everyone else to have fun as well. If your definition of fun goes contrary to the rest of the server's, you'll have to yield.
[snapback]24853[/snapback]

Oh no, let's do something besides the same thing over and over again, because that's the only way to have fun.  Seriously, the most fun you'll have is a game that doesn't follow the default way most NS pub games work out.  An odd strat on aliens will often win simply because marines don't see it coming.  I've organized both a gorge rush and a lerk rush in pubs before, and I haven't lost with either one yet.  Those really ingenious relocation spots are the same way.  I have one on caged that still hasn't lost, even in scrims or pugs.

August 06, 2004, 04:17:42 AM
Reply #23

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Fun is subject to perspective. While a commander might think relocating 15 feet away from base or in some joke location is a good time, it may (and often does) ruin a match for folks looking to have a more serious game, on both sides. Just refrain from doing this too much, as LF said. Afterall, we can't have one fellow ruining the game for both sides just because he gets a kick out of it, now can we?

TyrNem...blah blah blah

August 06, 2004, 10:42:37 AM
Reply #24

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
i have a question.

If i move most of the team to a location (say....EM drill shaft) but keep a small base in MS..is it a relocate?

If so, then if you are really lucky, yoyu dont have to worry about deciding between res relocates and area relocates.  Put a base at each one, and the aliens will be all like OMG HAXBBQ and nnot be able to decide what to kill first.

anyway, tthats the strat im working on....doulbe base FTW!
[snapback]25083[/snapback]
I did that on Metal once, relocated to the area between Supply Way and Smelter but decided to keep the original base for map control.  Ended up having IPs at both locations and the buildings divided between the two.  It was fun, we ended up winning, there's some advantages to it, but in the long run it's not very practical.
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

August 06, 2004, 10:52:53 AM
Reply #25

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Keep this to a minimum please. If you relocate to some impossible location every single time you comm, you're holding the game hostage.
Yes, we want you to have fun, but we want everyone else to have fun as well. If your definition of fun goes contrary to the rest of the server's, you'll have to yield.
[snapback]24853[/snapback]

Oh no, let's do something besides the same thing over and over again, because that's the only way to have fun.  Seriously, the most fun you'll have is a game that doesn't follow the default way most NS pub games work out. 
[snapback]25108[/snapback]

these two statements are not mutually exclusive, TheAdj, LF was talking about EVERY SINGLE time. and, really, fun is subjective. the MOST fun games i've ever had are games where the teams are even and you have to fight tooth and nail for every foot of advance.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 06, 2004, 11:03:33 AM
Reply #26

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
Afterall, we can't have one fellow ruining the game for both sides just because he gets a kick out of it, now can we?
Come on now – that’s a bit harsh, don’t you think?

I say, if nobody is going to step up and command, and MrBill (or someone else who has…. “different” strategies) jumps in – more power to him, have fun!

In the games I’ve been in that bill has been his silly self – he didn’t race to the command chair, he went to it after he saw nobody else was going to do it.

VIVA LA MRBILL  :p

August 06, 2004, 01:20:33 PM
Reply #27

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Bill's strats often work tho.

Which is a big leap from "lololololol lets build the entire base around a hole so that if you're not lucky you might walk off an IP into it"...
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 06, 2004, 01:50:32 PM
Reply #28

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
thanks grayduck :) I've very rarely off to the chair first, and when I do you know im going for a seriouse game... with a crazy relocate of course.

and relocating to pits are just no fun, I dont know about you guys but  I cant STAND waiting in line to spawn.

The only thing that makes me comm silly games is lack of someone else who wants to comm, and if you want a seriouse game SOO much, all you have to do iis get in the chair and annouce your a nub comm whos wants to try stuff. Unless you have assholes on your team, (or me and kodiac are trying to relocate someplace SUPER crazy ;) we usually give fair warning) there shouldnt be any objectives.

BUT ENOUGH WITH DERAILING MY THREAD!!!! GET BACK ON SUBJECT!! MORE RELOCATES FOR THE WIN!!!!

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

August 06, 2004, 02:38:51 PM
Reply #29

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i use beaconing much too much to make relocation feasible for me.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 06, 2004, 02:51:54 PM
Reply #30

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

Beacon, drop phase, phase back. A little more costly, but with attentive marines who will power build the phase, it only take a few seconds more than a regular beacon.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

August 06, 2004, 04:54:57 PM
Reply #31

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
Quote from: Niteowl,Aug 6 2004, 08:38 PM
[snapback]25161[/snapback]
i beacon, relocate and ninjaphase/obs/ip in the same game!

when i play seriously, i tend to either play out of ms or do a quick reloc to a hive

oh, about the "silly game over and over again" i will only play a silly game if someone enters a line that conforms to 75% or more of the following
- 90%+ caps
- contains "lol" "olo" or "oll"
- contains "bm"
- contains "cornmando" "commando" or commandar"
- speaker is: lito, bijiy, mrbill, seth, anyone with NCR tags or anyone with an icon
- bm is bored of "normal games"

August 06, 2004, 07:48:27 PM
Reply #32

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Give BM mines and let him roam free. Drop CC wherever he lames up. Its a bit more random than a fixed map location but it keeps things interesting.

August 07, 2004, 05:58:26 AM
Reply #33

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]In the games I’ve been in that bill has been his silly self – he didn’t race to the command chair, he went to it after he saw nobody else was going to do it.[...]
[snapback]25139[/snapback]
Well, that's a different thing isn't it? If people are pissed off at fungames, they can simply command themselves. I was thinking of people who rush to the CC immediately and go "olo I declare this a fungame and you can't argue this because I'm the cornmander."

August 07, 2004, 07:51:53 AM
Reply #34

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
FUN GAMES!!! HOORAY!

i like bill, he is what makes NS so fun. In my personal opinion i don't care if my team win or lose as long as we had fun playing the game is alraight.

so anytime bill is playing and i am there, can you comm bill? Pleaseeeeeeee...

in ns_hera: i don't get why gorges can drop chambers on top of skywalk while the comm can't drop buildings there. if rines can relocate there, onos (what is the plural for ono) can't reach. or is this an exploit? ?_?
waffles! waffles! waffles!
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
waffles! waffles! waffles!
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>

August 07, 2004, 10:45:11 AM
Reply #35

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
in ns_hera: i don't get why gorges can drop chambers on top of skywalk while the comm can't drop buildings there. if rines can relocate there, onos (what is the plural for ono) can't reach. or is this an exploit? ?_?[/quote]

I think it is a matter of the entities used to make the glass which causes problems blocking the commander from placing structures, whereas when a gorge places something the only check is that it will fit where the gorge is facing, and then be spawned there, left to fall until it hits solid ground.

(also, 'onos' is sigular, 'oni' is plural)

August 07, 2004, 11:48:48 AM
Reply #36

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
ABS for the win!

but anyone, if this thread goes anymore derailed its off a cliff! so list crazy, (or sane ) relocates please! ...unless this thread dies.. then by all means continue

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

August 08, 2004, 05:32:14 AM
Reply #37

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The plural of Onos is Onos. Oni is a japanese demon.

August 09, 2004, 01:04:36 AM
Reply #38

SheenaYanai

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/index2.html
The plural of Onos is Onos. Oni is a japanese demon.
[snapback]25405[/snapback]

true..  true...

remember that his final name was created after one of the playtesters have seen the onos the first time, shouting over voice "OH NO!!   OOOH NOOOEEEESS!! A BIG FRICKEN COW!!" or something like that .

funniest relocates ive ever seen are ninja relocates into active hives like powersilo on old nothing. on top of the hive location in those dark corners. this was the third relocate after the second one on the bridge in great via (also active hive)   :lol:  ive got somewhere a funny screenshot (or even the demo) of gorge chamber stacking to reach the bridge so the 2 onos where able to get up to us.

at the half of the way we sieged the chamber tower :p
the railing were full with turrets and i was all busy to weld them. because fades were using acid rockets on them :p  we have almost lost after this 4 hour of gamimg. but then 1 jp ninja has made it to power silo and started to build a second command chair and some ip´s , siege cannons and a phase. bang, nomore fades  

after 5 hours we finished them :p  i miss the old epic battles
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 01:06:27 AM by SheenaYanai »

August 09, 2004, 11:53:05 AM
Reply #39

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Someone on LM, not Bill, tried to do a Lava Catwalk relo the other night.

It almost worked, because we were laughing to hard. But the comm was not Bill, so it failed miserably. Gave us lots of laughs tho, heheh.