Author Topic: Final Hope Faith  (Read 8116 times)

July 22, 2004, 11:12:08 PM
Read 8116 times

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
I already cleared this with JHunz, and I know a lot of you saw it on the NS forums. I just wanted to make sure that those that don't frequent those see this.

Final Hope Faith

This board is a place where Christians of any kind can come to talk about their religion, beliefs, and interests with other Christians on a level that is a bit more in tune with the religion. It welcomes all kinds of Christians, but especially, gamers.

The point of this Board is not so much to acquire new Christians as it is to give Christian gamers a place to congregate.  It is also to reach out to those Christians who have fallen out of it because of their local religion's ways of doing things, which I've personally noticed to be quite hypocritical, and NOT according to how the Bible says it should be handled. Its okay if you go to these Churches if you like them, but frankly, many of us feel too confined, and almost as if we are constantly beat up while we are there for living a life different from theirs, yet not the sinning life (such as playing Violent video games, obviously- its not a sin, people!).

I also invite people of any other religion to come and say what they want here, as long as they don't bash us or anything, flame, or anything of the type. Just act intelligent, and everyone is welcome.

I hope you all find something here you'll like- I'm sure this will become something people will like one day with its purpose. Also, DO in fact invite your Christianity-curious friends to the forums, because we do have a section for them and even though its not the purpose of this board, it can and WILL be done (the telling about the religion and the such).

Once again, I invite all of you, and either way wish luck to you in life(man thats OOC isn't it?)

July 23, 2004, 06:10:01 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No disrespect intended, but... Christian Gamers? This is slightly ironic when considering how other christian groups (which I understand that this group is not in any way affiliated with) frequently rail at games (*cough* GTA *cough*). But sure, why not? I just have trouble understanding what christianity has to do with gaming. It's like Burger King suddenly started selling lawnmowers.

July 23, 2004, 09:00:00 AM
Reply #2

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
No disrespect intended, but... Christian Gamers? This is slightly ironic when considering how other christian groups (which I understand that this group is not in any way affiliated with) frequently rail at games (*cough* GTA *cough*). But sure, why not? I just have trouble understanding what christianity has to do with gaming. It's like Burger King suddenly started selling lawnmowers.
Most gamers are repelled by the Church for their practices because the Church doesn't understand the games or why we play them.

This is a place that follows the Bible in its ways- not that of some pastor that says games are evil because he thinks so.

July 23, 2004, 09:52:14 AM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
odd, i was jus tthinking the Christian gamers out there should have a haven to have .. what's the word.. *wracks brains*.. fellowship in.

seeing as christians are more or less treated as the red headed stepchildren of gaming. being a recovering christian myself and having a softspot for the underdog, brought this to mind.

by the by, there are many diff types of christians, the ones that usually turn most ppl's stomachs are the tele-evangelists or fundamentalists, and truth be told, that is only a portion.

neato little bit o history. in the past, the lefto pinko bleeding heart liberals used to be.. THAT"S RIGHT, christians. until that whole Moral Majority thing occured in the 80's. think about it, it fits far more to  the new testament message than the right. that is have utmost compassion (not just tolerate, or not hate, or ignore your enemy, but love. hot damn, if that ain't some bleeding heart liberal slogan, i dont' know what) service to everyone, but especially the poor (gov't programs anyone?), and a few other pretty hippie ideas.

of course, the moral majority came around and preached to the Old Testament loving christians, spreading the gospel of hate, bigotry, narrowmindedness galore (have a gander through Leviticus to see what sort of atrocious things are allowed).

but that's just me ranting. ignore the aging owl hooting like a madman. carry on.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 23, 2004, 11:12:32 AM
Reply #4

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
odd, i was jus tthinking the Christian gamers out there should have a haven to have .. what's the word.. *wracks brains*.. fellowship in.

seeing as christians are more or less treated as the red headed stepchildren of gaming. being a recovering christian myself and having a softspot for the underdog, brought this to mind.

by the by, there are many diff types of christians, the ones that usually turn most ppl's stomachs are the tele-evangelists or fundamentalists, and truth be told, that is only a portion.

neato little bit o history. in the past, the lefto pinko bleeding heart liberals used to be.. THAT"S RIGHT, christians. until that whole Moral Majority thing occured in the 80's. think about it, it fits far more to  the new testament message than the right. that is have utmost compassion (not just tolerate, or not hate, or ignore your enemy, but love. hot damn, if that ain't some bleeding heart liberal slogan, i dont' know what) service to everyone, but especially the poor (gov't programs anyone?), and a few other pretty hippie ideas.

of course, the moral majority came around and preached to the Old Testament loving christians, spreading the gospel of hate, bigotry, narrowmindedness galore (have a gander through Leviticus to see what sort of atrocious things are allowed).

but that's just me ranting. ignore the aging owl hooting like a madman. carry on.
Never knew that stuff, but wow. Didn't know.

July 23, 2004, 12:02:34 PM
Reply #5

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
oh i'm full of religious little factoids, it's how i choose to waste my braincells. didja know buddhism is the only religion for which no one has gone to war?

have you every read The Apocrypha? which is teh texts deemed not bible worthy circa.. what? 100? 200 AD by some council or whatnot. THOSE are some bloody interesting reads. texts on jesus life as an adolescent, gospels from other disciples, good times!

didja know the most holy day of SUNday was formerly/originally the jewish Sabbath? the SEVENTH day on which god apparently rested? but around.. 123AD? IIRC, could be 321 AD.. this guy some ruler dude, who (constantine, iirc) worshipped Sol Invictus (the SUN god), realized how powerful a state religion/solidarity was, so bastardized the early christianity to conform to Sol INvictus. hence holy day is SUNday now, and we celebrate Christmas on the WINTER FREAKING SOLSTICE, which is Sol Invictus's birth (since that's teh longest night, every day afterwards the days get longer).

er, what else? ah, that's all i can blather on about for the time being.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

July 23, 2004, 01:44:34 PM
Reply #6

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
oh i'm full of religious little factoids, it's how i choose to waste my braincells. didja know buddhism is the only religion for which no one has gone to war?

have you every read The Apocrypha? which is teh texts deemed not bible worthy circa.. what? 100? 200 AD by some council or whatnot. THOSE are some bloody interesting reads. texts on jesus life as an adolescent, gospels from other disciples, good times!

didja know the most holy day of SUNday was formerly/originally the jewish Sabbath? the SEVENTH day on which god apparently rested? but around.. 123AD? IIRC, could be 321 AD.. this guy some ruler dude, who (constantine, iirc) worshipped Sol Invictus (the SUN god), realized how powerful a state religion/solidarity was, so bastardized the early christianity to conform to Sol INvictus. hence holy day is SUNday now, and we celebrate Christmas on the WINTER FREAKING SOLSTICE, which is Sol Invictus's birth (since that's teh longest night, every day afterwards the days get longer).

er, what else? ah, that's all i can blather on about for the time being.
Actually, the original Sabbath was on Saturday.

So I figure the guy just wanted the first thing you thought of that week or to wrangle up and extra thoughts to go to the Sun God.

July 23, 2004, 02:18:12 PM
Reply #7

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
that's what i meant. the original Sabbath was saturday. was i not clear?

*goes back to read own blather*

i was painfully unclear, sorry about that.

christian holy day used to be saturday, same as the jewish sabbath, and was changed to sunday. there, clearer, i hope.  o_O
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:19:42 PM by Niteowl »
-Richard Feynman

July 23, 2004, 09:30:05 PM
Reply #8

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Is it just me, or is Niteowl's typing becoming worse each post?   :huh:

Anyway, it's cool that there is a place that people that share a religion can also share a hobby.

July 23, 2004, 10:09:32 PM
Reply #9

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
There's a reason the Apocrypha isn't deemed bible-worthy. Many of it's scriptures were written by people hundreds of years after Jesus' life, obviously not by firsthand witnesses or people who were in the time such as was the case in the other four gospels. Instead, they're largely collected sayings (Gospel of Thomas) which aren't found anywhere else except in those writings.

July 23, 2004, 10:35:14 PM
Reply #10

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
the new testament message than the right. that is have utmost compassion (not just tolerate, or not hate, or ignore your enemy, but love. hot damn, if that ain't some bleeding heart liberal slogan, i dont' know what) service to everyone, but especially the poor

Old testament Christians... New testament Christians... Wow I'm lost, care to enlighten a non-believer, nite?

I reveal penis I know psychology.

July 24, 2004, 12:07:20 AM
Reply #11

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Quaunaut you get the :blink: smily
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

July 24, 2004, 12:09:01 AM
Reply #12

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
the new testament message than the right. that is have utmost compassion (not just tolerate, or not hate, or ignore your enemy, but love. hot damn, if that ain't some bleeding heart liberal slogan, i dont' know what) service to everyone, but especially the poor

Old testament Christians... New testament Christians... Wow I'm lost, care to enlighten a non-believer, nite?
Old Testament Christians = Jews.

New Testament Christians = Christians.

July 24, 2004, 05:18:21 AM
Reply #13

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
'recovering christian' hahaha

Anywho, this is a pretty nifty idea.  I tend to distance myself from religion, but I'll consider signing up someday so I can make confessions about my naughty habits involving japanese lesbian schoolgirls and tentacles  :p

July 24, 2004, 07:20:32 AM
Reply #14

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Sounds like a swell deal. If I was serious about religion, I might join. :)

[...]I'll consider signing up someday so I can make confessions about my naughty habits involving japanese lesbian schoolgirls and tentacles  :p[...]

You'll want to be a catholic then. We protestants don't do confessions and letters of indulgence anymore. We prefer to swallow our sin and choke on it. ^_^
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 07:24:08 AM by lolfighter »

July 24, 2004, 01:22:59 PM
Reply #15

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Sounds like a swell deal. If I was serious about religion, I might join. :)

[...]I'll consider signing up someday so I can make confessions about my naughty habits involving japanese lesbian schoolgirls and tentacles  :p[...]

You'll want to be a catholic then. We protestants don't do confessions and letters of indulgence anymore. We prefer to swallow our sin and choke on it. ^_^
Look in the forum.

July 24, 2004, 09:25:19 PM
Reply #16

Redford

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Don't make me punch you, Quad.

July 24, 2004, 11:32:25 PM
Reply #17

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Don't make me punch you, Quad.
Non-Spam: ?

July 25, 2004, 12:32:35 AM
Reply #18

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

ah, sorry, that's just nomenclature i made up for myself. that is, old testament are more interested,and spend more time working on things in the old testament: judgement of the homosexuals, abstinence education.. er, things of that sort.

new testatment christians are more interested int eh whole service to others and world wide love type thing. like mother theresa, MLK jr. etc.
-Richard Feynman

July 25, 2004, 12:44:57 AM
Reply #19

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
has nite read the da vinci code?
if nite.has_read.book(dvc){