Author Topic: Any Tips For A!ming?  (Read 10772 times)

April 24, 2004, 10:13:01 AM
Read 10772 times

admojostrator

• Skulk

• View Profile
Does anyone have any tips when it comes to aiming? I have always lined up the horizional lines of the xhairs on my targets shoulders. Something I have been working on recently, is just using the the top vertical line of the xhairs. I suppose I have noticed some improvement. Is there really such a thing as Aiming in 1.6!?

P.S I never spray....well sometimes w/ the awp or scout! :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:47:51 PM by admojostrator »

April 24, 2004, 10:39:13 AM
Reply #1

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
It's random! Random I tells ya! I notice I seem to get headshots just fine from across the map, but standing two feet from an AFK, I can't kill him in one shot! AAAR!

Of course, I'm a total CS nubz0r. So you may want to wait until Radeon comes along and blesses us with his knowledge.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

April 24, 2004, 10:48:18 AM
Reply #2

admojostrator

• Skulk

• View Profile
It's random! Random I tells ya! I notice I seem to get headshots just fine from across the map, but standing two feet from an AFK, I can't kill him in one shot! AAAR!

Of course, I'm a total CS nubz0r. So you may want to wait until Radeon comes along and blesses us with his knowledge.

Agreed! Completely random! The same thing happens to me and I don't consider myself a nubcake. I will wait until the CS Sage graces us w/ his knowledge!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 10:51:09 AM by admojostrator »

April 24, 2004, 11:07:09 AM
Reply #3

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Spray and pray either at the feet or above the head, seems to get me plenty of headshots :D. Also short bursts seem to be much much much more accurate with *every* gun olo.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 24, 2004, 12:24:19 PM
Reply #4

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
The best thing to know when your playing CS is to take short, controlled bursts. This makes for your gun to have a lot less recoil, giving you a great deal more accuracy
If you want to put even more into your shots, its good to crouch when your shooting. Since your center of gravity is lower, you have more control firing your wpn.
And if you want to put finess into your shot, fire those controlled burst towards the upper part of your enemy's body. That way, if a bullet strays from the head(which should be in the dead center of your crosshair), you'll have a chance of hitting the torso as well. If you aim for the lower body, it could take up to 9 mp5 bullets to take down an enemy.

P.S. You should NEVER spray with the following gunz (unless at point blank)
-AK-47
-MP5 Navy
-P90 (or pretty much any smg)
-Para (you'll never land a hit with this if you dont use above firing techniques)
-M4A1 (possible with silencer(adds accuracy) but not recommended)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:42:34 PM by -Lancer- »

April 24, 2004, 01:14:04 PM
Reply #5

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
try aim for the knees and take a 3-5 round burst, try to aim low and burst fire

April 24, 2004, 01:47:20 PM
Reply #6

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
P.S. You should NEVER spray with the following gunz (unless at point blank)
-AK-47
-MP5 Navy
-P90 (or pretty much any smg)
-Para (you'll never land a hit with this if you dont use above firing techniques)
-M4A1 (possible with silencer(adds accuracy) but not recommended)

i disagree with the NEVER part. spray works, just gradually aim lower as you spray.

April 24, 2004, 01:49:42 PM
Reply #7

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I really dislike spraying in general. Unless someone suprises me i never spray. Too non-accurate

April 24, 2004, 06:46:49 PM
Reply #8

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I spray regularly and I randomly get headshots, seems to workout fine for me.... Also I never put the crosshair deadcenter over someones head because my bullets never go where I want them too blargle! I suggest aiming slightly off, either above or lower seems to work best for me, because then with the right gun you can burst a little longer :D(if aiming lower).

April 24, 2004, 07:15:38 PM
Reply #9

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
I constantly use spraying techniques with the MP5 Navy at considerable distances.  During sprays, it is quite precise, but not accurate (for clarification on the difference between accuracy and precision, see this article). Due to this characteristic, all that is needed is to move your cursor down to adjust for it's lack of accuracy.  By doing this, you can score a ton of bullets into their chest, and possibly hit their head a few times as well. The trick is just to learn how much to adjust your aim during the spray.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

April 24, 2004, 08:03:20 PM
Reply #10

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
Don't spray with the MP5 ? It's the best spraying gun in the game ! Of course, over long distance, you better burst fire, but short and middle distance, spray is still going to hit pretty good.

P-90 ? If you want to play seriously, don't even buy that gun.
Same for para. (It can be pretty accurate, though, if you use single shots. Bursting with that gun is not recommended either, because it gets unaccurate too quick, even with small bursts of fire. The first shot, however, always hits the crosshair's middle, and if that shot is a headshot, it will always kill.)

AK-47, you never want to spray with that gun, only pointblank, as Lancer said.
M4A1 is a little better there, the spraying distance is better than the AK-47's.

Sometimes, spraying is just too tempting. Your job is to modify that sometimes, you only want to spray when you have a good chance of hitting with that gun you have there.

Also, the UMP 45 is a great gun alternative, because it's got this "man-stopping-effect", which means that if you hit your target, it will be slowed down considerably, even more so than with other guns (almost complete stop), which makes it alot easier to land further hits.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 08:04:50 PM by Grillkohle »

April 25, 2004, 03:45:42 PM
Reply #11

Radeon

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'll let you in on a few of my secrets..

1.  AK47 - short round bursts depending on distance..  long long range cut it down to single round bursts usually aiming for neck or head.  semi long range you can do a 2-3 round burst aiming for upper-chest or neck.  close range learning to control the AK spray is somthing that takes a LONG time to master, but once you get it down you can do about a 6-10 round spray and pwn.

2. M4A1 - it goes about the game as the AK short round bursts for long range, upclose spraying is like a 12-15 round spray because the gun is way accurate for spray.  any longer distance i'd suggest 1-5 round bursts whichever you feel more comfortable with.

3.  When using the AK/M4A1 learning to strafe walk can help your aim at first..  when you strafe walk side to side using the AK or M4A1 your crosshair will not widen like when you're running side to side, this also works with the scout.

4.  as far as SMGs go, each have different recoils and bursts that can be applied for long range, upclose they are pretty much spray machines.  its all just a matter learning the recoil for the guns.

Thats about all the insight I care to share right now  B)

April 26, 2004, 04:55:56 AM
Reply #12

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
there's actually a trick with the AK-47 one of my friends learned; the 'randomness' of this particular gun goes in a certain direction so you can actually spray and still be accurate if you move your mouse down at the right speed while holding that fire button down... unless they changed it from 1.0 onwards o.O

April 26, 2004, 06:06:21 AM
Reply #13

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
that would eliminate most of the recoil, ne?

I find that low sensitivity helps if you're going for all headshots.  I have mine set to 1.35
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

April 26, 2004, 09:23:22 AM
Reply #14

Smouch

• Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://www.specialdisasterteam.com
personally, i would just jump in some random server and stand next to a wall and open your gun up on it, i think some people would be suprised to see what it does

April 26, 2004, 10:37:08 AM
Reply #15

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
I myself use most of the techniques above, even the one Gem stated. The only problem I'm having is that I've gotten to the point where I'm not even bursting as much anymore, it's all just single shots (bad, bad, I don't get as many kills because of this) :(

This seems to be a really big problem for me when scoped on the AUG and the T "version" of it (can't remember the name, but it's an automatic scope one, not that 5000 rifle either)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 10:37:35 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

April 26, 2004, 11:46:16 AM
Reply #16

Radeon

• Skulk

• View Profile
mastering the single burst is hard though, if you can get it down to neck and head against your opponents it will be well worth it.  the bad thing about learning spray and being good with it is you run out of ammo very quickly.  spraying through the door of aztec for example or the garage of office.

April 26, 2004, 03:04:09 PM
Reply #17

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hafaf, the 'randomness' of every guns bullets tend to go in the same places randomly, just gotta know where the bullets will go for the gun ;).

GG cone of fire.

April 26, 2004, 05:35:22 PM
Reply #18

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
i try to aim at the head/neck/shoulders part almost always, i duno why but cs hands out headshots like a mofo... either i get lucky and land a few hits to chest and/or head or i get killed :D ... all part of the game

( weirdest thing ive ever seen tho was a guy standing next to  a wall , then a guy sprays him with bullets, then i saw an outline of the guys body on the wall with bullets while he ran off with over 80 hp :D , neatest thing ever ... )
-_^

April 26, 2004, 07:39:06 PM
Reply #19

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
This seems to be a really big problem for me when scoped on the AUG and the T "version" of it (can't remember the name, but it's an automatic scope one, not that 5000 rifle either)
You mean the Sig-55something.