Poll

What map is the worst for rines?

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Where Do The Rines Fall?  (Read 13115 times)

November 26, 2003, 12:06:35 PM
Read 13115 times

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
soo, which is it? we all know rines get owned, more or less, on pubs. which is the WORST for them?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 26, 2003, 12:09:08 PM
Reply #1

BOZO

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Bast has the worst marine start in the world

November 26, 2003, 12:20:19 PM
Reply #2

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Bast was always hard for marines, then *someone* went and "fixed" bast and made it even less marine friendly, the only chance marines have is relocation, and I have found that feedwater is the most effective relocation, but then you have to lockdown another hive otherwise feed is toast, so yeah its like wtf hard for marines to win on bast even with relocation anymore >_>. Also lost tends to be a hard map for marines, and the most effective strategys on lost have been relocations. Mineshaft works both ways, if you know how to work the map on any team the other side usually gets slaughtered, but most commanders don't know how to work mineshaft so aliens tend to win mineshaft more >_<. Hrmmm I think thats all o:, come on peoples add your comments!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

November 26, 2003, 01:08:20 PM
Reply #3

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
lost, lost, lost.

How many marine wins does one ever see there?  Exactly.  :p

November 26, 2003, 01:52:33 PM
Reply #4

crack

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
Mineshaft, Caged, and Bast

Lost is good..many rines win there

November 26, 2003, 02:10:38 PM
Reply #5

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
i've actually had a pretty good record on lost. some nice long hallways and nifty chokepoitns to control.

tell me fool, how does one win on mineshaft? i have poor experience with mineshaft and caged. i've had some crushing defeats on bast, but also epic wins.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 26, 2003, 04:03:46 PM
Reply #6

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Pshh.  I can't even remember the last time that I've even come close to winning in lost  <_<

November 27, 2003, 12:01:58 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Seems like mineshaft is winning so far. Can we say that the rines got the... shaft on this one? AHAHAHA! *keels over laughing*

Oh forget it...

November 27, 2003, 09:20:19 AM
Reply #8

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Seems like mineshaft is winning so far. Can we say that the rines got the... shaft on this one? AHAHAHA! *keels over laughing*

Oh forget it...
oh please, aren't you really just DIGGING for a joke there? i mean, that sense of humour isn't MINE! err... or something.
-Richard Feynman

November 27, 2003, 07:47:48 PM
Reply #9

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Oh, I think the joke was deep alright... But let's not get this topic too far off track by plunging into the depths of bad humour, shall we?

November 27, 2003, 11:29:51 PM
Reply #10

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, ever played caged when Tankefugl is commanding? Now thats just not fun for aliens, but if the aliens are really good its fun for none! Relocation to double, marines defending it well and moving out/elecing everything, killing any good evolutions fast... bleh.... Now mineshaft the times ive seen marines win, the aliens were *slaughtered*, not quite sure how, but ive played with a decent alien team before and got owned all around the shaft. Yeah about lost, aliens can box marines in marinestart *real* easy, and aliens can get around very easy, and lots of ups and downs, those long hallways do help with the marines, but they also help with the offense chamber traps :p. Buuuuut I havent nsed a lot in a loooong time, so I dont know exact strats or the ways they get owned, just that relocations seem to be most effective on the maps that marines lose the most on, like bast, caged, lost..... mineshaft is just an odd map I dont even know if relocating is a good idea on it.

November 28, 2003, 02:02:59 PM
Reply #11

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Lost.. is that the one where the cc starts in a pit? I just pwned the aliens as comm in that map, we had 5 rts and 2 hives, all without HA or HMG, it was awesome

November 28, 2003, 03:57:05 PM
Reply #12

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Yes, lost is the map with the chair in the pit :)

November 29, 2003, 12:08:07 PM
Reply #13

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I'd say Bast but CWAG commed us to vitctory on there. I've never ever ever ever ever ever seen a marine team come even remotely close to victory on Mineshaft. They did once, but their stupid comm crashed the server with a turret farm of about a billion turrets.

November 30, 2003, 05:48:05 PM
Reply #14

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
My vote is going to ns_caged, mainly because there aren't any really solid relocation spots (in my experience) that can be held efficiently (without a 100+ res turret farm).

Although double node gives the advantage of more resources, its multiple openings and the nearby vent allow for many hit-and-run attacks and clouds upon clouds of spore.

The hives are always good to hold because the Kharaa need them, but its a lot of trouble trying to get into/out of the hives. Sewer has all those ladders, Vent (?) has the crappy elevator and hallway that leads to double, and Generator only has two, rather cramped, ways in/out. Unless a comm can get a two-hive lockdown early on, its rather pointless to hold a hive.

December 01, 2003, 05:51:53 PM
Reply #15

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
The only time I have won mineshaft is with Godlike comming we won a good amount of the games
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

December 01, 2003, 09:39:05 PM
Reply #16

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
If you have Heavy Armor at double node in caged and HMG and GL's, youre fine ;). One of the best ways into double from vent is a weldable, so marines have to try and take that hive before you can really rape the marines, and all the hives arent too far o:..... I mean your biggest problem is aliens getting res, just because the hives are easier to check on than all the nodes.. Also about bast, ive seen some marine wins on it, but back in 1.04 there was a 2 hive game that lasted about 2 hours, marines had feedwater, aliens had the other hives, almost all the aliens had to go fade and shoot teh acidy goo of death! Very tough without bile >_>, and without onos shields. But now since you can be any alien at any hive numbers.... yeah marines are raaaaaaaaaaaped! Lost is just unfriendly to marines, I've seen a fair amount of marines on lost, but a quick alien team can lock marines in their start, and the only way out is nade spam, but then the marines dont get upgrades, and by that time the aliens have tons of res >_>.

Just some more thoughts of mine.

December 02, 2003, 09:46:11 AM
Reply #17

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The only time I have won mineshaft is with Godlike comming we won a good amount of the games
where is x0dlike anyhoo?
-Richard Feynman

December 04, 2003, 08:27:28 PM
Reply #18

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
He's nubbing it up in irc :).

December 05, 2003, 03:10:22 PM
Reply #19

DruBo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• Personal Text
    Back in Beige
    • View Profile
I'm sticking with Lost because I've played every version of it, ever, and never won as marines.

I still have lots of lessthanthree for it though, because I'm in the hall of nubs. Find me.

reference pic