Author Topic: What Do You Think Of The Lerk?  (Read 6072 times)

March 24, 2004, 03:51:53 PM
Reply #20

kyliegirl

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
    • http://opticpower.com/kylie/domain
the lerk if you know how to work it, it is a very effective battle supporter. especially with celerity, focus and regen. i find i barely lose any energy at all when constantly swooping and biting. let alone chasing jpers , once you get the hang of it. you dont lose any energy at all.

overall. the lerks really good. easy to use, manouver. once you get the hang of it, it can be very effective.

March 25, 2004, 07:50:24 AM
Reply #21

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
I love the current flying system, i never could swing the old one....

but seriously, the lerk isnt meant to attack on his own, he spores the rines so the skulks can pwn them a bit faster, and umbras their escape, or visa versa, or both.

his teeth are like a snipers knife and pistol, theyre for when he screws up and lets them get too close...

in short, a Lerk should never have to fight on its own, its a SUPPORT class...

in a pinch, he can run in and bite too, if he can get his support fumes off at the same time... but keep in mind, the reason they have a delayed area effect attack is so they can use it and GET OUT
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

March 25, 2004, 09:01:53 AM
Reply #22

UKchaos

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I like the flight system but once you start biting you lose all momentum and energy and end up being a sitting duck. Far too oftern your left crawling on the floor to conserve energy... not fun.

March 25, 2004, 09:28:55 AM
Reply #23

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
The lerk still feels like a broken class to me. While the old flight system was pretty messed up, it was perfect for hovering in a hall and supporting others from. Now you get in the way sitting on the floor and if you try to fly away you always end up going in the wrong direction. It's weak enough that bite becomes rather useless after the first few minutes of the game (except for the super skilled lerks).

I'm really starting to miss the spikes. Either the lerk needs a fixed flight model that allows him to fly backwards and, if not strafe, at least bank to the side while flying, or else it just needs spikes back. Always having to look where you're going makes it flawed as a melee attacker.

Admittedly, I haven't played it a LOT, mostly for these reasons. Maybe if I focused on it for a while, I'd get it, but right now it just feels off to me.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck