Author Topic: Ns: Combat  (Read 7775 times)

February 04, 2004, 02:28:58 AM
Read 7775 times

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
We really need lorklift. Bad.

Also, spawncamping is a no-no.

February 04, 2004, 05:50:39 AM
Reply #1

Satanic Monkey

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.thecatacombs.net
Isn't spawncamping meant to be in combat? But, yes it is annoying, just when you respawn after waiting like 20 seconds.....BAM....*dies*  <_<
Don't mess with me punk, I'll post in your

February 04, 2004, 06:09:54 AM
Reply #2

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
No, spawncamping is sitting on a wall waiting to Focus Bite the next group of LMG marines in the hope you'll get enough exp to go Onos.

It sucks.

FIX THIS!

February 04, 2004, 06:19:09 AM
Reply #3

m0nk3ym4n

• Lerker

• View Profile
campers suck, but it's become part of the game. I hardly Play rines any more, ever since beta 1.04 rines have always down right sucked without being a clan or having an amazing comm

February 04, 2004, 07:14:34 AM
Reply #4

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet
the problem is that focusbite makes skulks (dare i say it, yes, even though I LOVE it) too powerful for too little, Focus should cost 2, instead of 1, because *buffs nails*  I can waste 2 rines, get focus, and win the game.... just by keeping the rines dead

ESPECIALLY if you have cara and regen
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

February 04, 2004, 07:33:57 AM
Reply #5

Path

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Focus is REALLY annoying while playing marines, because there is no real way to actually counter it unless you get HA. And a Focus primal-screaming Lerk... don't even go there. Focus is a great idea, and I would hate to see it removed, but as it stands, I hate knowing that once a game is 30 seconds in, I'm as good as dead in the first bite.

If this whole problem is about spawncamping though, just bring back spawn_invul as it seemed to work well.
</Path>

Commanding is like playing StarCraft, only the units curse at you when you lose.
Anything is a weapon if you swing it right.

February 04, 2004, 07:34:52 AM
Reply #6

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
I would agree.

Although it would be nice to see HA reduced. The JP can stay where it is because it really is powerful but HA at 2? It just isn't used in CO now.

And with the amount of power the aliens can throw about HA only improves your life expentency by 0.5 seconds.

FIX THIS!

February 04, 2004, 01:36:08 PM
Reply #7

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Whine whine focus whine whine.

Armor two. Use it. Love it.

I don't even use focus anymore, because most marines have figured out how to use armor and I'd rather get my three bites in while running circles around them rather than wait what seems an eternity between chomps.

However, spawn camping does really suck. Spawn invulnerability should go back in, I've been saying that since the first time I read the beta two changelog. I don't know what posessed the devs to remove it. Probably the same demon that convinced them that nerfing acid rocket even more would make it more FUN!

Here's a hint: If your shots are half as strong but take half as much energy, they are still nerfed because they have the same ROF! You can deal LESS damage over time. That makes it less fun!

Also, yes, HA = 2 not a good idea. I always go with the JP, and I feel bad doing it since it's so overpowered. But at least I don't ever buy the accursed GL! Well, except when the game has been going on for half an hour and it's just time to end it.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 04, 2004, 02:06:04 PM
Reply #8

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
I buy the GL, and usually end up spamming the CC with it. And then dieing a second later.

I like the GL, is like covering fire. And useful, I think....

FIX THIS!

February 04, 2004, 04:36:54 PM
Reply #9

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Spawn invulnerability should go back in, I've been saying that since the first time I read the beta two changelog. I don't know what posessed the devs to remove it.
Perhaps it was the fact that players now spawn in waves, making spawn camping much more difficult.

February 04, 2004, 04:59:08 PM
Reply #10

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I can usually take out at least two marines before the rest get me. Multiply that by three or four skulks around the CC and consider that more will be coming as the marines are all dead, and the game can suddenly end quite painfully for the poor marines. Even a one second spawn invuln timer just to let you get an idea of where the skulks are would be nice. Often you can die before your view even finishes fading in from black. That's no fun at all. >.<

February 04, 2004, 05:33:34 PM
Reply #11

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
real spawn camping is ***....where 3-4 skulks sit at marine base not attacking anything BUT marines...now ive been called spawn camper because i would attack cc...hear a marine spawn in go kill him then go back to biting the cc...THIS IS NOT SPAWN CAMPING THIS IS WINNING THE GAME

February 05, 2004, 07:24:29 AM
Reply #12

Path

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
The main problem with spawncamping now is, if you get in that situation, it is extremely hard to get out of it. If most of your (marine) team dies on a hive run, and most of the skulks were all headed to chew your CC, they will be right in your spawn by the time you respawn. This leads to a whole lot of dead marines before their screen even returns from being black. Ok, so that didn't go so well, and more skulks are coming (because you failed the hive raid), but you'll get 'em next wave right? I think not. It will be another massacre, and you'll barely have time to see the skulks, much less fire a shot at them. Repeat until CC dies.

Sitting in the spawn que is about as fun as being digested for ten minutes. Even that one second of invulnerablility would give you enough time to get your screen clear, and get a grip on your surroundings. It may make the early eating of the CC more difficult, but I don't think skulks were supposed to end the game in that way.
</Path>

Commanding is like playing StarCraft, only the units curse at you when you lose.
Anything is a weapon if you swing it right.

February 05, 2004, 10:13:24 AM
Reply #13

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well if the devs in their infinite wisdom don't see fit to put spawn invulnerability back into the final version, I'm sure it'll become a metamod. Then we can just badger LB until he puts it in. BADGERBADGERBADGERBADGERBADGER

February 05, 2004, 01:03:48 PM
Reply #14

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile

1.)No
2.)No

The point of Combat is to overwhelm the enemy and destroy their target building. If you get overwhelmed you deserve it. Do you really expect aliens to LET you kill them, or vice versa? If you are saying it becuase you get focus raped, get armor one.
Got himself banned.

February 05, 2004, 01:08:39 PM
Reply #15

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
Yea i really dont mind having the cc killed...if 10 marines spawning in at the same time isnt enough to kill the aliens then you should die

February 05, 2004, 01:11:18 PM
Reply #16

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

1.)No
2.)No

The point of Combat is to overwhelm the enemy and destroy their target building. If you get overwhelmed you deserve it. Do you really expect aliens to LET you kill them, or vice versa? If you are saying it becuase you get focus raped, get armor one.
Right, I'd love to hear your great reason NOT to have lerklift (the gorge lifting version which is sorely needed on many maps).

And your opinion on 2 means jack squat because I know the first thing you do in every game is try to just camp their spawn with a shotgun, a good reason for you to NOT be in charge. Also, there's a difference between spawn camping and killing the objective.

Spawn Camping: CWAG stands on the railing with a shotgun, waiting for the skulks to respawn so he can kill them all.

Killing the Objective: Shooting the hive, skulks, what have you.

Spawn Camping: Sitting in their base with focus not attacking anything, but just waiting for marines to respawn.

Killing the Objective: Chewing on the CC, marines spawn, go back and kill them.

It's usually pretty obvious which is which. But if I'm getting killed in my base by a marine / skulk the second I spawn, and I *DON'T* hear "Our Hive / Command Console is under attack", admin_ban.

@ BigD: Your 'reason' is so void of rational thought and basic logic, I'm not even going to acknowledge you made that post
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 01:14:38 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 05, 2004, 02:48:03 PM
Reply #17

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet

1.)No
2.)No

Right, I'd love to hear your great reason NOT to have lerklift (the gorge lifting version which is sorely needed on many maps).

And your opinion on 2 means jack squat because I know the first thing you do in every game is try to just camp their spawn with a shotgun, a good reason for you to NOT be in charge. Also, there's a difference between spawn camping and killing the objective.

Spawn Camping: CWAG stands on the railing with a shotgun, waiting for the skulks to respawn so he can kill them all.

Killing the Objective: Shooting the hive, skulks, what have you.

Spawn Camping: Sitting in their base with focus not attacking anything, but just waiting for marines to respawn.

Killing the Objective: Chewing on the CC, marines spawn, go back and kill them.

It's usually pretty obvious which is which. But if I'm getting killed in my base by a marine / skulk the second I spawn, and I *DON'T* hear "Our Hive / Command Console is under attack", admin_ban.

@ BigD: Your 'reason' is so void of rational thought and basic logic, I'm not even going to acknowledge you made that post
repeat after me... goooooozzzeeefraaaabaaaa

anyway, I think that focus is overpowered, much as i love it, If i get 3 or 4 rines before i croak, and my comrades are comming in too, game over for the rines, and its easy to do, especially with celerity, you can circle strafe the room, its ridiculous.  fun, but only like wallhacking with an awp, yea you get kills, but not as much fun as an actual challenge.

I'd like to see a decrease in power for focus, an increase in ROF, and make armor1 negate focus's 1 shot kill,  that way you can still rip them a new one quickly, but not cheaply quickly,

of course, spawn invulnerability would negate the need for any of the aforementioned changes....
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

February 05, 2004, 02:50:26 PM
Reply #18

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
repeat after me... goooooozzzeeefraaaabaaaa
What?

February 05, 2004, 03:00:22 PM
Reply #19

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile
So ban me for playing the game to its purpose. I was defending myself from skulks. You do shoot skulks as marine right? I mean you just don't let them shoot you. I was overwhelming the enemy, a key thing in combat. And lerk lift is just stupid. 2 lerks, 2 gorges, bilebomb= dead marine outposts. Basically lerklift drastically changes gameplay, which is why its never made it into the game as a feature.
Got himself banned.