Author Topic: Ns: Combat  (Read 7768 times)

February 05, 2004, 03:32:12 PM
Reply #20

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
But until the hive healing bug is fixed it would be a really useful plugin. Not sure if there's a 3.0 compatible version of it though.

Actually I've never seen gorge/lerk dive bombers used before, maybe because in 2.0 BB was bugged and getting a proper hit from above was about impossible.

The more common abuse was lerks grabbing unsuspecting gorges and dropping them off high areas or into pits. Like SANCHO was doing last night. Until I admin_slayed him. And then he grabbed me again and flew over viaduct right before the 30 second suicide timer ran out and he died, dropped me, and killed me. I lol'ed.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 05, 2004, 06:50:09 PM
Reply #21

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
spawn invur. would make rounds last way to long...cc almost dead...2 marines spawns in and kills 7-8 aliens?..or is it like i heard where you cannot shoot...anywayz i dont see any problem with focus once they get armor 2-3/heavy...its very annoying....i hardly ever get it anymore because later on its alot easyer to just to bite faster while running around a marine

February 05, 2004, 08:15:06 PM
Reply #22

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
...and make armor1 negate focus's 1 shot kill...
Does it not do so already?  I am certain it does.  Many times I, with full health and full level 1 armor, have been hit by a focused bite, and every time I survived with 40 health.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 08:15:58 PM by a civilian »

February 05, 2004, 09:43:18 PM
Reply #23

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
spawn invur. would make rounds last way to long...cc almost dead...2 marines spawns in and kills 7-8 aliens?..or is it like i heard where you cannot shoot...anywayz i dont see any problem with focus once they get armor 2-3/heavy...its very annoying....i hardly ever get it anymore because later on its alot easyer to just to bite faster while running around a marine
It was a variable. So you got it right where it allowed you time to get your bearings but the opposition still had plenty of chance to kill you. About one second did it. No spawncamping, voila.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 06, 2004, 02:53:03 AM
Reply #24

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No, the lack of the respawn delay for higher levels is what drags the game on. Beta 1 > Beta 2 in just about every regard.

And Bob... as a gorge hit 'use'. Lerk drops you. Tada.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 02:54:08 AM by Uranium - 235 »

February 06, 2004, 03:47:06 AM
Reply #25

CommunistWithAGun

• Skulk

• View Profile
No, the lack of the respawn delay for higher levels is what drags the game on. Beta 1 > Beta 2 in just about every regard.

And Bob... as a gorge hit 'use'. Lerk drops you. Tada.
Just an FYI, combat as it is now has been how it was in the private betas, it sucked then, and it sucks now. There was once a VERY fun version of combat. 5 minute timer. No command chair. Fast as hell spawning. Very very fun
Got himself banned.