Author Topic: NS 3.1 out tomorrow  (Read 16649 times)

November 13, 2005, 07:48:31 PM
Reply #20

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The shotgun is still the one-hit wonderweapon of death. Reach out and touch someone.

November 14, 2005, 01:10:27 PM
Reply #21

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
There is a chance of it sniping better. But there is a chance of 5 pellets being 7 degrees outward of the center, too :)
[snapback]54262[/snapback]

i dont know if any of you guys have shot any kind of distance with a real shotgun, but its just about the same way. Ive hit whitetail from 25 or so yards with buckshot, you  just point and pull the trigger, and its basically luck from there. Sometimes the pellets will fly all wild and sometimes theyll stay tighter.
[snapback]54264[/snapback]

So... are you basically agreeing with but clarifying quarter's post? I'm a bit confused.

November 15, 2005, 04:37:03 PM
Reply #22

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
There is a chance of it sniping better. But there is a chance of 5 pellets being 7 degrees outward of the center, too :)

i dont know if any of you guys have shot any kind of distance with a real shotgun, but its just about the same way. Ive hit whitetail from 25 or so yards with buckshot, you  just point and pull the trigger, and its basically luck from there. Sometimes the pellets will fly all wild and sometimes theyll stay tighter.

So... are you basically agreeing with but clarifying quarter's post? I'm a bit confused.
[snapback]54266[/snapback]
He's justifying the NS team's reasoning, based on the fact that quarters post called it into question indirectly.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

November 15, 2005, 06:18:27 PM
Reply #23

ziggot

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
its great that its out and people are playing on lm finally, but will people still be playing when the password is removed?

Pls say yes

November 15, 2005, 07:08:47 PM
Reply #24

Spectre X

• Skulk

• View Profile
well, we played HnS today! ...it was fun,

then the server, after we went to bast,

got full!

then emptied...
and emptied...
then 2v2 on eon, somehow...
then everyone left...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 07:09:07 PM by Spectre X »

November 15, 2005, 07:11:02 PM
Reply #25

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Remove the maps that end up emptying the server, and play maps that people like to join on (yes the extremely overplayed ones)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

November 15, 2005, 07:25:24 PM
Reply #26

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Remove the maps that end up emptying the server, and play maps that people like to join on (yes the extremely overplayed ones)
[snapback]54270[/snapback]
You mean two-three maps? Sounds like playing Dystopia, which now has TWO maps!

I reveal penis I know psychology.

November 16, 2005, 05:28:05 AM
Reply #27

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Why, not necessarily. This is current map cycle, most likely:

ns_eon
ns_metal
ns_caged
co_sava
co_angst
ns_hera
ns_lost
ns_nothing
co_niveus
co_faceoff
co_daimos
ns_bast
ns_origin
co_kestrel
ns_tanith
ns_nancy
ns_veil
co_core
co_ulysses
ns_eclipse
co_pulse
ns_ayumi
ns_altair

And this is what we could keep.

ns_metal
ns_caged
ns_lost
ns_nothing
co_faceoff
co_daimos
co_kestrel
ns_tanith
ns_veil
co_core
ns_eclipse
co_pulse
[edit]
ns_origin
ns_shiva

Each map rotation will be at least 3 hours, not bad.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 03:04:37 PM by 2_of_8 »
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

November 16, 2005, 07:36:18 AM
Reply #28

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Dude, since when does origin empty servers?  It's right beside eclipse and veil when it comes to NS map popularity.  Where does shiva fit in? it's kind of new to say that it empties servers already.

November 16, 2005, 03:05:10 PM
Reply #29

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Sorry, it doesn't. I was writing this in the morning while waiting for a file to upload, and had very little time - I missed those 2 maps.

November 19, 2005, 04:11:29 PM
Reply #30

DarkScythe

• Skulk

• View Profile
lol it's been a while, but i was wondering what the heck happened to u guys..
3.1 is ok, just rines rushing hand grenades all the time and aliens are pretty much the same..

i'd like to play on LM again, cuz LM was really one of my favorite servers, but it's jsut never populated.. yeah i read some of the old threads about the server dying but i didn't think it'd be that bad..
personally, i hate CO so when I do a server refresh in steadm LM never came up lol, so I added it directly when LiquidSnake told me ppl were playing on it again and it turns out u guys were playing CO.
and it was full, so I couldnt join. So i waited a couple minutes, and then it went to NS so i started my usual "wait til a non-res-slot frees to join" and all of a sudden everyone left
i wouldnt mind helping get ppl on but seeing it at 0/17 all the time isnt very inviting..
i've just been pubbing around IAM's Gorge's Hideout and the NSA classic server (sometimes vet but they rape me there) and occasionally g4b2s.
i'd say some of us should make an effort in idling on the server every now and then, cuz it'd attract others lol, i think one of the bigger reasons ppl don't come is the seeing 0 players on it.. 1 or 2, u know they're at least waiting for a game.

my two cents cuz i miss LM lol

p.s.
2of8, nancy is still fairly popular (at least whenever i play on gorge's hideout and nsa) and hera is voted fairly often too.. cant say anything about co tho, i don't play co.

shiva is sorta split.. it's new so many ppl have a hard time navigating but the players i've met either hate it or love it, there isnt anyone who claims to be impartial :/

November 19, 2005, 05:12:23 PM
Reply #31

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Hera is sort of the most unbalanced official map in NS. I'm not sure about nancy, however.

November 19, 2005, 06:43:24 PM
Reply #32

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
hera totally empties servers.

I would say I like new eon, but it doesn't change the fact that it empties server.  We need only the popular maps, this server is having a hard enough time filling as it is.

November 21, 2005, 01:03:47 PM
Reply #33

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Correct me if i'm wrong, but hera is imbalanced in aliens favour?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

November 21, 2005, 04:35:51 PM
Reply #34

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile

November 21, 2005, 08:44:28 PM
Reply #35

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
Correct me if i'm wrong, but NS is imbalanced in aliens favour?
[snapback]54316[/snapback]

nitey i fixed your post.

November 21, 2005, 09:07:30 PM
Reply #36

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
omg! Owleh! You were gone for a while. I was afraid you'd died of old age or something.
Now we just need Shina back.

November 22, 2005, 12:14:22 AM
Reply #37

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Hey, look! Everything is still dead, can we bury the mod yet?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:16:55 AM by Lightning Blue »
To the stars!

insert witty line here

November 22, 2005, 03:04:12 AM
Reply #38

Ulatoh

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/user=starvingpoet

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ truth
Virus removed.
Your sig pic contained naughty language. Removed. -lolfighter
I never had a sig pic :p
Then where'd that picture come from?
Nanites.

November 22, 2005, 06:28:36 AM
Reply #39

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Hey, look! Everything is still dead, can we bury the mod yet?

And go to what? That's the real problem.

Honestly, I've moved to CS:S. Yes, a form of the mod I left for NS. It's not brain surgery, but it's mindless fun in the right community, and I've found a pretty decent one. Well adminned, not overly modded, and great group of regulars. LM is/was that, but the game that brought us together has died. So, what do we do, go to something like CS:S/DOD:S with more appeal, or just close the community?
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?