Author Topic: Recent Reserved Slot removals  (Read 17899 times)

May 07, 2005, 10:11:02 AM
Read 17899 times

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
Two people have recently been stripped of their Reserved slots.
This was an action done not by one admin, but by ALL of us. We held debate for one week, and at that time, a decision was made to remove the slots of two members.
They have many offenses against them, and refuse to heed our warnings to shape up. We dont want people who will constantly ignore our rules and insult our warnings. So their slot was removed for those reasons. Not any personal grudge, not any vendettas, but all of the admins saying "enoughs enough"

May 07, 2005, 10:12:25 AM
Reply #1

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
All of the admin staff? Ok, Archi, you're getting your ass banned from #secretchannel.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

May 07, 2005, 10:20:21 AM
Reply #2

Architeuthis

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Yeah well you deserve it esuna you ****ing piece of ****, I can't believe all the horrible trouble you've cause for the server over the years! I'm very glad we'll be FINALLY rid of you and your **** little **** friend Sonic!

May 07, 2005, 10:24:43 AM
Reply #3

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
"all" the admins?...you mean just the incompetant ones?

May 07, 2005, 10:47:27 AM
Reply #4

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Why is it, that whenever any kind of admin action against known, regular or liked parties, everyone starts passing the buck.

For instance, the pm i recieved informing me of my slot removal is from a 0 post admin account called Lunixmonster Staff. Why do people have to do this?

Since i know for a fact this isn't a unanimous admin decision, why can't those involved with the accusation have the goddamned balls to stand up and say it's them? Hell, i don't even need you to do that, as i can pretty much guarantee this was spearheaded by Vinnie and backed up by at least GrayDuck.

You sit there and accuse us of not following the rules? Sure, we swear, sure we stand our ground and stand up to anyone being an asshole, guess why? We're human, we're not here to be treated like **** by people with "power" or "authority." Get over yourselves. But if the rules are really so important, why don't i see Vinnie, Zero7 or Temm losing their slots. All of whom i've seen "break the no-swearing rule" on multiple occasions. And what's more, none of whom actually got kicked for the offense. Double standards? Hell, a few days ago Temm managed to get the word cunt into about 10 lines in a row on IRC, did we see a kick or a ban? No, we didn't.

So how about some other rule breakers or those who are doing more damage to the server or environment we play in than either i or sonic are.

We have DHP, the dedicated spectator-actually-on-IRC-not-caring admin, who has, as far as i've seen, made a grand total of 1 admin action ever. Also the only admin i've ever needed to go to IRC and use !admin to get anything done.

Or there's Malevolent, the admin with such a keen eye that he failed to notice 3 people spawncamping the entire duration of a game and with the rest of his own team screaming about them.

Or how about Vinnie, whose only admin actions i've ever seen were moving me to a different team twice in 2 consecutive games, entirely just because he knew it would piss me off.

How about GrayDuck, the nemesis to fun the world over.

Or finally, what about ebnar, the only person i've seen to break far more rules than he's ever enforced (Since he enforced no rules, not really all that hard i guess) by never listening to the comm, spawncamping, rambo'ing, flaming down team members and the comm, and the like.

You people have no ****ing idea what you're doing, you really don't. How can you claim that people that use the word "****" ever so often are damaging the server more than your negligent admins?

But hell, this is the end of my NS days, no res slot means with my 120-140 ping i'll be slotkicked most of the time, and since i've dedicated the last year and a half to a single server, i don't want to play elsewhere. Good job. Way to kill someone's enthieusiasm for the game.

EDIT: Also, don't jump down my throat about the ebnar comments, i'm fully aware that he lost his admin, but the guy deserved to be banned for the amount of rules he broke, hell, i've seen a lot of people banned for lesser things. It's entirely relevant. But hey, with favouratism running rampant, why ban the people that deserve it, let's just ban the ones you hold some petty grudge about.

And also, since it's somewhat relevant:

<Anonymous49 and 50> The way I see it, the server's not gonna die because a few people cracked a few jokes, the world will not end if one or two people are on the recieving end of a ribbing, but the server WILL end if "holier than thou" "SUPARADMINES" can't put a lid of their e-wangs for ten seconds to realise we're all human and pretty much all over 13 years old
<Anonymous49 and 50> Personally, I support rules and the enforcing thereof, but what I don't support is some people's pretention that comes with being given an @. You're an op, you're a forum mod, you're a server admin, you're not god, how about you get down in the **** with the rest of us. You were all once lowly runts like us, and except for your server icon or forum member group, you're still the same person. I won't bite my tongue bcause
<Anonymous49 and 50> you're an admin, I won't hold myself back because you have an @, and if you want to let loose at me, do it. You're in no position of power, just as I am no better than you, how about some of you take your thumbs out of your asses and realise that
<Anonymous49 and 50>  There's a good few admins that are really a fun bunch to be around, Archi, Niteowl, ABS, and so on, you're down to earth and nice guys to deal with, but there are a few of you who need to take a step down off of your high horses. You're acting like this is your "job," it's not. You're invited to do it in your spare time, you're not being paid,
<Anonymous49 and 50> it's a hobby, ok? When I'm playing games, I don't want some little goddamn Hitler breathing down my neck ordering me to hold my tongue, no, I want someone who's down to earth to say "Hey, maybe you should tone down a bit." The human approach is 10x more effective than raping someone with the ban-ass-plug, and ontop of that, it generates like 10x the respect for that person. Respect is earned, just because you're an admin
<Anonymous49 and 50> doesn't mean it grants you instant respect. Yes we, as the grunts and the playerbase for this server, need you admins around, we need you to keep the ****tards and assholes well away to not ruin our games, but we also need you to be human for once, treat us with the same respect you'd like to be treated yourself, and how about the next time you're acting like a little oppresive son-of-a-bitch, you think to yourself "hey,
<Anonymous49 and 50> maybe I can resolve the situation and NOT further piss people off by just. being. human."

What i said in archi's crusade a while back.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:02:22 AM by esuna »

May 07, 2005, 11:02:47 AM
Reply #5

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Approved these two wonderful posts. The whole of the active admin staff was given a week to come up with any reasonable objections. Nobody could really think of anything, so that was that. There have been other discussions, and admins have come forward with decent reasons in those cases. The Lunixmonster Staff account was made to prevent people just blaming an admin with a grudge instead of taking a look at themselves and their actions.

Edit: Moving this to the Soapbox, since I can't be bothered to check here every 8 minutes and I know everyone and their grandmother will have an opinion on the inner workings of the admin staff, being experts and all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:04:14 AM by Magmatron »

TyrNem...blah blah blah

May 07, 2005, 11:09:12 AM
Reply #6

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
Esuna is right here. . Why is it that the slotters and other members are going through such reforms, yet the admin staff is immune to anything?

whines, kicks, bans, etc., based on solely personal complaints, rather than actually enforcing any concrete "rules". A perfect example of what an admin should NOT be.

I'm in IRC right now looking at the list of admins... and I dont see any that you can depend to see on the server at least once a day. Anyone can see that something needs to change here... its not necessarily because we dont like any particular admins, (though this isnt a false statement) its because we need some who can "do the admin duty"

IMO this means to quit bitching about the abuse of the admin signal... to quit whining about stepping on anyone's toes with a kick or a ban... (this only applies to server nubs though, noone seems to care if the regs are mistreated a bit.)

The double-standard that Esuna has mentioned is all-too apparent. And it doesnt just seem to apply to Sonic and Esuna. Several times have I personally been ganged up on and flamed in the IRC, and noone says a word. I use the f-word ONCE and i find a kick.

I can honestly say i whole-heartedly agree with the complaints against specific admins Esuna has made. Took the words right out of my mouth, actually.

I enjoy lunixmonster very very much, because of the environment on the server itself and the majority of the people on are my friends, with whom i get along quite well and have no complaints about.

My goal here is to ask for the admins themselves to personally review their position. You may want to ask yourselves: "Am I doing my job here?" "Am I making myself necessary or am I just arguing with a few 'troublemakers'?"

Only my opinon of course.

Ness's little quip at the end basically summed up the whole "elitist" argument right there, thanks bud, saved me alot of typing.

May 07, 2005, 11:11:05 AM
Reply #7

Architeuthis

• Gorge

• View Profile
So Ness, how are Sonic and esuna going to read or post in this thread now?

May 07, 2005, 11:14:30 AM
Reply #8

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Approved these two wonderful posts. The whole of the active admin staff was given a week to come up with any reasonable objections. Nobody could really think of anything, so that was that. There have been other discussions, and admins have come forward with decent reasons in those cases. The Lunixmonster Staff account was made to prevent people just blaming an admin with a grudge instead of taking a look at themselves and their actions.

Edit: Moving this to the Soapbox, since I can't be bothered to check here every 8 minutes and I know everyone and their grandmother will have an opinion on the inner workings of the admin staff, being experts and all.
[snapback]48015[/snapback]

And you see, here's what i was talking about.

Nobody could think of a reason to not ban me, hey, how about the fact that i'm a regular player, i don't spawncamp, i don't exploit, hell, i don't break a single rule barring the swearing one, and has anyone ever asked me to stop swearing? Yes, HD has on a few occasions, guess what, i stopped. You know why? Because i have respect for someone that can actually take the situation into hand and be rational. Now if Vinnie or someone comes along and just kicks me for it, will i stop? No. Because they don't have the damned decency to actually ask, no, they just flaunt their "power" and assume that's the be all and end all to the situation.

And your sarcasm on the end, again, what's the point to that? I mean, i'm here, stripped of my res slot and, quite frankly, on the verge of being banned, because of my attitude and language, and in the very thread i'm making an attempt to defend myself, you come along with the same ****ty attitude that i'm in trouble for. Great job. You're a credit to the community.

May 07, 2005, 11:19:08 AM
Reply #9

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

May 07, 2005, 11:19:18 AM
Reply #10

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile

[snapback]48015[/snapback]
The smurf account doesn't prevent any blame from being passed around, you know?  We all know whose brainstorm this was and, in making themself unnacountable for their own actions, that admin has lost what little respect I had left for them (I am of course being generous).

Have some decency and stop hiding, sir.

May 07, 2005, 11:26:45 AM
Reply #11

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I really dont see why Esuna and Sonic lost their RS due to the overdone cursing and flaming every once inawhile, esuna does bring up alot of good points...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:28:31 AM by Diablus »

May 07, 2005, 11:35:03 AM
Reply #12

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Despite what all of you may think (since you were definitely not involved with making the decision), every admin supported this.

The Lunixmonster Staff account represents all of the admins, and that is it. It represents our decisions as a whole and this time it was unanimous. If it was a majority that thought we shoud do this, it would still happen since most of us wanted it.

There is no way around this. Sonic/Esuna, you have been acting up a great deal swearing and disagreeing with pretty much everything.

Some reserved slotters might not agree with this because they don't see any of their (Sonic and Esuna) so called offenses. Many admins have confirmed that they have done these things that we took their slots away for. The thing is, all of us admins communicate with each other when we notice things, and when it starts adding up, something needs to be done.

Sonic and Esuna: You haven't been banned. You can still play on the server and earn your slots back.

Anyone else who didn't have a RS would probably already be banned.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:36:28 AM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

May 07, 2005, 11:36:56 AM
Reply #13

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
How about another for the list, Devicenull advertising his illegal World of Warcraft server on #lm and telling people how to download the game for free and play it. Totally illegal, i might add.

Let's put that into perspective of Wascally Wabbit, who was banned for a day for posting an IP for a WC3 server for someone who asked for it in #lm.

May 07, 2005, 11:37:36 AM
Reply #14

LowCrawler

• Reserved Slot
  • Onos

• View Profile
okay, show us the convo. lets see the unanimous admin decision.

beacause im calling bs.

May 07, 2005, 11:41:06 AM
Reply #15

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Wait, but Lightning Blue decided on the creation of The Lunixmonster Staff account and set it up himself. Part of presenting a unified admin front and what I said earlier. I don't think he needs to hide much, since he's paying a few thousand a year to keep this place running.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

May 07, 2005, 12:55:31 PM
Reply #16

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
*sigh*

LB should just cancel his account for the web/game server and unregister #lm. Then we won't have to deal with this anymore, and LB saves some money.

May 07, 2005, 02:08:17 PM
Reply #17

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
*sigh*

LB should just cancel his account for the web/game server and unregister #lm. Then we won't have to deal with this anymore, and LB saves some money.
[snapback]48030[/snapback]
His call.  And at this rate I wouldn't even be disappointed.

May 07, 2005, 02:14:05 PM
Reply #18

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
I'm in IRC right now looking at the list of admins... and I dont see any that you can depend to see on the server at least once a day. Anyone can see that something needs to change here... its not necessarily because we dont like any particular admins, (though this isnt a false statement) its because we need some who can "do the admin duty"
[snapback]48016[/snapback]

Interesting.  I'm pretty sure I play =every= day.  Hell, I even played yesterday before going to the hospital.

God, I'm old.

May 07, 2005, 02:52:17 PM
Reply #19

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
For the record...

PB IS a very active admin who does a good job, I say this cause he just mentioned himself, but I agree PB is pretty win :-D

and for everything else:

Honestly, if you havnt seen this coming from a MILE away, that something would happen to esuna (or even sonic) then you have to be blind. I don't hate esuna, he's not a bad person, but he's hard headed and so is vinnie, and Ive seen MANY a bans being placed because of which. If it wasnt PAINFULLY obvious this would result in something, You obviously arnt around when esuna and vinnie argue. (which is something hard to do, since that is most times).

<3 to all

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win