Author Topic: How did the game end?  (Read 6966 times)

May 04, 2005, 06:54:11 PM
Read 6966 times

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
I got reslotted at 45 min but how did the game end? Aliens win??  That was a good game

(around 8pm CST)

May 04, 2005, 07:16:10 PM
Reply #1

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
If it's the same game, then aliums r winnarz.

May 04, 2005, 07:41:34 PM
Reply #2

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
if its the one i commed, yeah we lost.

After the anticlimactic "ha rush". We lost at just under 66 minutes.

i really thought we could win that one too:(

HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

May 04, 2005, 07:45:38 PM
Reply #3

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
awwwwesome

I love those hour long games :(

May 04, 2005, 11:12:31 PM
Reply #4

Rath

• Legacy Admin
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Yea that was a really long game.  I really liked the attempted siege of forboding antechamber.  We had three gorges with a movement chamber healing the OC's.
I throw myself upon these OC's in the name of King Bill!!

May 05, 2005, 01:27:55 AM
Reply #5

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
hour long game and you think its long?
PFFFT!
we had battles for 3 hours! 3 FRIGGEN HOURS! for what? A SINGLE RES NODE!
those were the days of 1.04!
the glory days!

May 05, 2005, 05:24:39 AM
Reply #6

spinviper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
PFFFT!
the glory days!
[snapback]47821[/snapback]

Exactly.... Epic epic battles.
Exitus Acta Probat

May 05, 2005, 06:27:14 AM
Reply #7

TychoCelchuuu

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.terminus-discord.com
PFFFT!
the glory days!

Exactly.... Epic epic battles.
[snapback]47826[/snapback]

Although you never saw an Onos, so they were slightly less epic.

Lunixmonster looks a lot like Linuxmonster. Really.

May 05, 2005, 07:13:07 AM
Reply #8

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
PFFFT!
the glory days!
The only epic games in 1.04 were intensely drawn out two-hive lockdowns, where rambo marines flew around and killed whatever poor bastard of a skulk who had escaped the dragnet and was wandering around, aimlessly.  Or hell, maybe they went after that lerk in the vent who wouldn't stop spiking the turrets who only lerked because they had nothing else to spend resources on.  

O Lord just thinking about it makes me quiver with joy!

May 05, 2005, 08:47:23 AM
Reply #9

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I liked it when everyone was bad at the game and couldn't finish a round off for toffee too.

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

May 05, 2005, 09:02:51 AM
Reply #10

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I like when people talk about the "good old days" as if everything was great. Perhaps they are blinded by nostalgia? NS is way better now.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 05, 2005, 09:08:13 AM
Reply #11

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
...I like relocating...

And it seems to me that most epic games are just when both teams have un-managable amounts of lame or tf-farming, Like this said game.

Just because a game is an hour long, dosnt mean its epic

Just because you got jp first, aliens lamed up everywhere, then it was countered with a tffarm at every possible position dosn't mean it's epic either

....It just means it's long.

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

May 05, 2005, 10:30:37 AM
Reply #12

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I like when people talk about the "good old days" as if everything was great. Perhaps they are blinded by nostalgia? NS is way better now.
[snapback]47832[/snapback]
Yeah. People don't seem to notice all the positive changes that have bene made in the recent versions...
If you like previous versions of NS so much, go organize a bunch of people and host your private server with an old version of NS. The new versions are clearly better, and chances are, they'll stay.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

May 05, 2005, 01:38:14 PM
Reply #13

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I think the best "epic" games is where its really back and forth between aliens and marines.  I was playing a game on LM once like that where aliens went between 1-2 hives (then shottie rushing 2nd hive but they kept fighting us back and managed to get a 2nd have back up again and again)

They finally one because newborn got tired and stopped trying :-P

that was a gg

May 05, 2005, 02:02:19 PM
Reply #14

Scuzball

• Lerker

• View Profile
I remember this one game where the marines holed up in Biodome hive in an 8v8. Dear god. They all had JP, they all had GL/HMG. Turrets and elect everywhere. They had IP's and armory up on the pillar, basically rebuilt their entire functional base.

And they were asses about it. They had GL tag team spamming both entrances, and HMG/JP gaurding the rest.

We tried mass gorge bile bomb. 4 onos, 2 lerks, 2 gorge. Fade rushes. Gas. Nothing worked.

I was going to win that game. I said to myself, "I'm not going to bed until these asses die under my iron fist of determination."

At 7:30am the next day, I quit. The base was hardly touched. Time: over seven hours. Of JUST me and random newbs flaying at this base.

Yea... the glory days...
Gothic dance!

May 05, 2005, 02:22:27 PM
Reply #15

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I remember this one game where the marines holed up in Biodome hive in an 8v8. Dear god. They all had JP, they all had GL/HMG. Turrets and elect everywhere. They had IP's and armory up on the pillar, basically rebuilt their entire functional base.

And they were asses about it. They had GL tag team spamming both entrances, and HMG/JP gaurding the rest.

We tried mass gorge bile bomb. 4 onos, 2 lerks, 2 gorge. Fade rushes. Gas. Nothing worked.

I was going to win that game. I said to myself, "I'm not going to bed until these asses die under my iron fist of determination."

At 7:30am the next day, I quit. The base was hardly touched. Time: over seven hours. Of JUST me and random newbs flaying at this base.

Yea... the glory days...
[snapback]47868[/snapback]
How did you manage to onos rush them if they locked down biodome in 1.04?  I could see that going in 2.0x, as after about 30 minutes in that build a marine team could lame enough turrets to slay an onos in one hit, but in 3.0f it would never work.  Not enough turrets allowed in a base per Tfac range, and lerks are too evil a displacer of camping GLs in this version.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

May 05, 2005, 03:13:33 PM
Reply #16

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No, that must have been a 2.0+ game. 1.04 didn't have ns_origin.

May 05, 2005, 04:41:45 PM
Reply #17

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Hive mc rush ftw!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

May 05, 2005, 04:43:31 PM
Reply #18

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
games were seen as "fun" back in the 1.04 days for a few reasons.

Blink - VERY buggy but great fun, also Fades were the "tanks" of 1.04, you were firing at a fade or two basically CHARGING at your team, instead of firing at something jumping acrss a goddamn room 300 mph

The "rare" Onos - Not just a tank, a basically unstoppable force which indicated Marine End game for sure, onos werent panseys like the 2.0 -> On ones, they can TAKE A HIT. People loved playing as them, and people loved fighting against them (mainly due to the no devour deal)
True Marine teamwork came to be whenever an onos was around, 7 Marines firing their hmgs and whatever else as they watch their teamtes get hammered instead of... eaten, then watching the Onos run away :blink:

Lerks had spike which was always great because it was one of the few goddamn far ranged alien attacks.

Babblers were available to gorges..nuff said there :D

So basically It was usually Marine clashing with Aliens head to head. And not having the Aliens weaken them as they move along to wherever the team is moving to (aka spore spamming, devour and running, fades blinking in, swiping then blinking out, etc) which I must say isnt *as* fun as seeing 1-2 fades (or an Onos) hording down the hallway at your team while you put many a bullets into them hoping for a Victory, or watching your teamates get totally slaughtered which was always fun to watch! and be a part of >:D

The final word is "Hardcore battle ready, Heavily Armored Aliens clashing with Marine High tech is always more fun than Hit and run weak aliens who cry to Mommy when the Shotguns come

May 05, 2005, 04:47:38 PM
Reply #19

CryForMe

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
yeah, i miss the old onos. they simply need to beef the res back up to 100 (since ups are free now) and make it massively harder to kill. simply put, theres no way in hell ONE HMGER should be able to take out an onos coming down a long hallway.
"What do I do first when I comm?"-NSPlayer(2)
"You need to build an RTFM interface."-CFM