Author Topic: How did the game end?  (Read 6968 times)

May 05, 2005, 06:19:06 PM
Reply #20

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
Agreed. I never played with the old Onos, but the current Onos is crap. Killable by one HMG? Bah.

May 05, 2005, 07:20:13 PM
Reply #21

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Speaking of game lengths.. people should really never give up, ever. Today I was comm on hera with the aliens starting in archiving. We got some upgrades, a phase in ventilation, but we weren't holding much res. Then our base got owned and I figured, oh well, game over. By chance a marine survived in processing. We relocated there, and since we still had a phase gate in vent, and since the aliens had not put the hive up, we were basically able to lock down both hives and then win.

A lot of times sudden comebacks occur, even in the worst scenarios. Teams should never give up!!
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

May 06, 2005, 10:24:13 AM
Reply #22

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
However, "never give up" does not mean "turret farm MS to no end, camping the entrances with HMGs". If it's clearly over, meaning you can't get out and there's absolutely no chance of winning, don't drag it out!
>_<
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

May 06, 2005, 02:50:47 PM
Reply #23

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
I half agree on that and half disagree. On one hand, it's so horrible to sit there and just wait to die, especially if the aliens are stupid and don't catch on, just going in and out to take free kills. Besides, most people just decide to fight it out to the end on instinct. On the other hand, dragging it out just results in this long, boring process.

May 06, 2005, 03:40:36 PM
Reply #24

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Yeah. People don't seem to notice all the positive changes that have bene made in the recent versions...
If you like previous versions of NS so much, go organize a bunch of people and host your private server with an old version of NS. The new versions are clearly better, and chances are, they'll stay.
[snapback]47840[/snapback]

Free A1 is a "positive change"...?

When hell freezes over.

May 06, 2005, 04:23:37 PM
Reply #25

pardzh

• Skulk

• View Profile
I still think 2.01 was the best version in terms of balance, by a LONG shot.