Author Topic: More lengthy explanation  (Read 7279 times)

April 15, 2005, 08:13:12 PM
Reply #20

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Marines with HMGS?

Call the SKULK MISSILE.

Cara, celer, and SOF. Aim for the biggest cluster, go boom. Observe as marine base falls apart.

Make sure you've at least 1 onos or 2 fades hanging around, and once the scoreboard goes red, rush in and surgically hit structures. Then fall back, let the rines waste their res reserve, rinse and repeat.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 15, 2005, 08:26:48 PM
Reply #21

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Here's when the problem appears, and makes itself most evident, at the least likely time.
The Aliens, thinking just as they were for the rest of the game, try to end the game by going in one at a time, maybe two; they get a few hits, and are forced to escape; they either do so, proceeding to repeat the procedure, or die during the escape and start complaining about Marines turtling and dragging it out, or something.
Teamwork is quite a useful thing when the Aliens are facing the entire Marine team in one room... ever heard of 8 Onos dying without killing all the marines + IPs + obs?
Me neither :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 15, 2005, 11:44:00 PM
Reply #22

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I remember that one rush on Nancy, a bit of inspired alien commandor work on my behalf.

"Guys, all Onos, rush in, devour a marine each, then gore down whatever they've built".

Worked pretty well, over half the marine team ended the game in an Onos stomach, the other half managed to escape their Onos and ended up gored instead.

It was the only way to get everyone into the room at the same time, people were fixated on trying to use Fades to beat HA HMG turtlers in Mother hive...

EDIT - Forgot to mention the sheer shock and collective WTF from the marine team... not every day 8 onos rush base and devour the team wholesale.. psychological warfare for the win.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:44:58 PM by Necrosis »
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

April 16, 2005, 08:38:33 PM
Reply #23

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
recycle everything and beacon to the DEATH. or try relocating. Easiest ways to end the game quickly, and by relocate, I mean beacon 3 times, get one marines outside their hive, drop a cc and recycle ALL of base and hope he lives long enough for ips. :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

April 17, 2005, 11:52:38 AM
Reply #24

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Actually, I commanded a game once on origin where we did kill an 8-onos rush.  We were holed up in biodome with full tech and beat multiple huge onos rushes.  Many onii died that game.  We finally lost when they mc rushed us and kept pouring in.
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.

April 17, 2005, 11:55:15 AM
Reply #25

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Actually, I commanded a game once on origin where we did kill an 8-onos rush.  We were holed up in biodome with full tech and beat multiple huge onos rushes.  Many onii died that game.  We finally lost when they mc rushed us and kept pouring in.
[snapback]46326[/snapback]

Hahah... biodome. Origin has simply the worst hives for onoses ever.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 17, 2005, 09:36:09 PM
Reply #26

Guspaz

• Reserved Slot
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://teknews.net
They have all the rts, we haven't been able to beat them back at all, and there is a 3 - 4 minute lull.
[snapback]46145[/snapback]
One would hope that this is because they are preparing for a co-ordinated assault from multiple vectors with strategic choices of classes for maximum effect (Groups of one onos, one or two lerks, and a gorge, for example).

Of course that's never the case :(

April 18, 2005, 06:53:14 PM
Reply #27

Vitamin Lead

• Skulk

• View Profile
Well, I for one don't like dragging out games that are clearly already lost by one side. And by clearly, I mean: Marines having 1 node, aliens - 3 hives, all other nodes, tons of fades/onos, etc. Simple, Marines have no chance for a comeback. I usually expect such games to end with the Aliens just rushing the Marine base within 3-5 minutes after the last major event (failed PG rush, etc).
[snapback]46153[/snapback]

Actually, one game on Nothing, aliens were stomping the marines, and the comm Officer Conspicous, (one of my buds, and yes he mis-spells conspicous on purpose) handed out jetpacks and shotguns, and unbeknownst to the aliens, they rushed and killed a hive. From there, they proceeded to lock down the hive, and siege Via from Red Room, before we could get enough of a strike force. By the time we did, Via was down from about 5 sieges, and the onos outside got screwed by 4+ JP's with shotties. The game went downhill from there for the marines, and the aliens had no idea what happened. (The alien team didn't suck, as the marines losing showed, so don't jus say it's only becuase the aliens sucked.) As this shows, it the marines hold on and keep trying, the have a chance to win.

This was a classic endgame scenario in the marine base, they killed an Onos in MS, with two left alive elsewhere. The dead Onos gave them a chance to JP rush a hive. They definitely got lucky, but it was still a clean win for the Marines, even after almost getting wasted.

So comeback can happen, that's why it's worth it to keep playing. Besides, endgame is fun if you have big guns  :D .

April 19, 2005, 01:31:48 PM
Reply #28

Goldy

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
One time the marines had a heavy train at our last hive, when all we had was skulks. A bunch of the skulks hit and killed their base, then we all took out the heavies at our hive. So yeah, it's never really over, but you need great teamwork to make such a comeback. And if you have that much teamwork to begin with you would probably never even get into the position where you had to make a comeback.
Best thread ever
"You steal a thousand Post-It notes at 12p, and you've made... a profit."

April 19, 2005, 02:40:48 PM
Reply #29

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Aye, it always amuses me to see idiot marines complaining about the aliens not ending the game but thier camped in base with fully upgraded weapons/armor and top tech...
To the stars!

insert witty line here

April 20, 2005, 04:22:32 PM
Reply #30

RangerAlpha

• Skulk

• View Profile
Just yesterday, i was playing hera, i was an onos, and we were killing marine start. i run back to find the missing marine (i hate people who hide)  I walk into processing, and hear *ping* 4 sieges start firing, no phase gate, just sieges.  They got 5 chambers, 4 of which were needed. that sucked.  5 more seconds and there wouldnt have been a hive to save.  Goes to show, camping marine start doesnt always work. they sometimes slip right past.  Then again, we only had 2 scs (we were all fades and onos, how could we drop chambers, lol)  Phase gates are noisy, sometimes its better not to build them...

April 20, 2005, 08:51:44 PM
Reply #31

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Aye, it always amuses me to see idiot marines complaining about the aliens not ending the game but thier camped in base with fully upgraded weapons/armor and top tech...
[snapback]46483[/snapback]
Huh? When does this so called you playing happen? :p You have to at least play a bit when 3.1 comes out.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 20, 2005, 08:55:50 PM
Reply #32

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
He must been smurfing :ph34r: