Author Topic: New Comming strategies?  (Read 9958 times)

March 08, 2005, 05:53:00 AM
Reply #20

Mr.Ben

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
HMGs are the absolute dogs bollocks. Drop 3 hmgs + welders and if they dont get to anywhere you want them too vs skulks then they just suck and wouldn't get anywhere with anything else. 125 bullet clip 6 bullets or so to kill one skulk...

<3 BenjamiN/Benny/MrBen - Washed up clanner, ex-contributor and forum troll.
#lessthanthree on qnet

March 08, 2005, 06:48:40 AM
Reply #21

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
HMGs are the absolute dogs bollocks. Drop 3 hmgs + welders and if they dont get to anywhere you want them too vs skulks then they just suck and wouldn't get anywhere with anything else. 125 bullet clip 6 bullets or so to kill one skulk...
[snapback]42741[/snapback]
is a 4 bullet kill at hive one... and 5 at hive 2, it doesn't go to 6 until the skulks get cara, but that is still a very fast kill.  I find worst case scenario you waste 25 HMG shots for a skulk kill.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 08, 2005, 09:38:37 AM
Reply #22

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
I haven't been winning 90% of my comming as before, but it's more of a 60%. The main problem I have now is lazy marines, now responding or moving to WP's.

My build order is a little different, one game I got A1 almost 5 minutes into the game :/.

IP
Armory
OBS
RT
RT
MT

With this build order res nodes are highest priority, and not marines. Aliens. You HAVE to kill the alien resources to pay for the late AL and AA upgrades.

My other BUILD order is more similar to my B5

IP
Armory
RT
AL
RT
A1
AA

Same beginning build order, but I sacrifice quick W1 for AA. Both seem to work well.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 08, 2005, 10:27:21 AM
Reply #23

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Do weapons upgrade actually make that much of a difference? I can't tell if I have lvl0 or lvl1 if I don't look at the HUD.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 08, 2005, 10:38:28 AM
Reply #24

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yes, they do. Especially with the HMG/LMG since they fire so fast. You will be able to take down higher alien lifeforms much easier.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

March 08, 2005, 11:16:42 AM
Reply #25

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I haven't been winning 90% of my comming as before, but it's more of a 60%. The main problem I have now is lazy marines, now responding or moving to WP's.
[snapback]42762[/snapback]

Wow, you keep track of you W:L ratio!  :blink:
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

March 08, 2005, 11:33:15 AM
Reply #26

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
IT's not like it's logged or anything, just in my head, a ratio to how many I win/lose.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

March 08, 2005, 02:05:16 PM
Reply #27

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
IT's not like it's logged or anything, just in my head, a ratio to how many I win/lose.
[snapback]42779[/snapback]

Mine's 100% win and 100% loss!
0 divided by 0, right? Or am I doing my math wrong here :D
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

March 08, 2005, 02:09:20 PM
Reply #28

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I tried to divide by zero, but my calculator seized up. I'll try doing it on a slideruler next and see if the universe gets a bluescreen.

March 08, 2005, 08:52:37 PM
Reply #29

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Mines, and lots of them.  Just spam them everywhere... vents, everything.  Until hive2, at which point you know you screwed up because they somehow managed to get a hive.

Also, lame up choke points like mad.  It'll piss off aliens to no end, and keep you from losing (on occasion).

Btw, don't take anything from this post as serious, cuz i R nub comm lol!!1!!one!1!11!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 08:52:53 PM by CorvusX »

March 08, 2005, 09:14:46 PM
Reply #30

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I tried to divide by zero, but my calculator seized up. I'll try doing it on a slideruler next and see if the universe gets a bluescreen.
[snapback]42796[/snapback]

I'm a genius.
Therefore: Wins = undeterminate, losses = undeterminate!
:o

March 09, 2005, 02:36:45 PM
Reply #31

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
I hate it when you comm SOO much! Ill be running around randomly and BAM hit  a mine. not. funny.

whats worst is when your NOT comm, and get them to drop mines anyway :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

March 10, 2005, 06:55:03 AM
Reply #32

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
I haven't been winning 90% of my comming as before, but it's more of a 60%.
[snapback]42762[/snapback]
Gah, you need to play more often then!  I haven't been in a game which I played from the start in (I joined one late once) where marines have won in about 4 days, and I play NS a distrubing amount of time per day.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 10, 2005, 09:43:08 AM
Reply #33

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
You know NS is unbalanced when rad doesn't win every game he comms...
Last night, I played 2 or 3 games with him comming. We made very good efforts, we had great players on our team (as well as the aliens, though) - but we got decimated at both phase rushes, same with our walking rush to another hive. Pretty much every game.
I seriously doubt now that a M:A ratio of 1:3 - 1:5 will get fixed simply by time and Marines getting better, in terms of skill. I believe now that it is the problem with the game itself, and the only way it'll be balanced is by the devs.

March 10, 2005, 11:49:17 AM
Reply #34

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Last night a team of LA HMG rines with at least 2/2 ups managed to hold off virtually an entire alien team of Onos.

Marines still have teeth.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 10, 2005, 01:04:42 PM
Reply #35

moofree

• Lerker

• View Profile
Marines still have teeth
No no no... aliens have teeth. Marines have guns.

But yeah, it's harder to play as marines now, but i don't think it's balanced toward aliens. Just gotta be smarter, faster, better than before.
The TSA has invested 6 million dollars per marine to upgrade your systems, men. Don't let them down!

I mean... real life... yes... real life
work work work

March 10, 2005, 04:25:55 PM
Reply #36

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'll tell you a funny story. Marines had nearly every node on the map, were doing well, and only lost because they tried a siege attack on a hive.

Another funny story, aliens only seem to lose games where they go SC first and act like retards, allowing the marines to get to at least one hive and/or electrify nodes. GG.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

March 10, 2005, 04:56:34 PM
Reply #37

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'll tell you a funny story. Marines had nearly every node on the map, were doing well, and only lost because they tried a siege attack on a hive.

Another funny story, aliens only seem to lose games where they go SC first and act like retards, allowing the marines to get to at least one hive and/or electrify nodes. GG.
[snapback]42960[/snapback]

Was that the game I commed on metal?

Yeah, that was effing redicuous. The aliens had 4 gorges healing the hive, and since there was no splash damage they didn't die. I built 4 siege guns, had a GL on the hive, they just healed each other too fast. Eventually someone got behind us and bilebombed us out.

Siege damage needs to go back in and hitboxes need to be fixed. After that, we'll talk.

March 11, 2005, 05:59:02 AM
Reply #38

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
I was the gorge in the piping biling you. You needed to focus the GL under the hive on the gorges, then it would have gone down quickly.
tim

SheenaYanai

March 11, 2005, 10:31:28 AM
Reply #39

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
That's what I was wondering, it sounded like he was GLing the actual gorgies, and they were healing each too quickly :o

But yes, I must agree overall, sieging is a son of a mother job to do now.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman