Author Topic: Me needz a reservdor slot!  (Read 6756 times)

February 24, 2005, 01:15:00 PM
Reply #20

Doobie Dan

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
My mum always said "those who ask don`t get" so guess where that got me :)

<------------
[snapback]41540[/snapback]
June 17, 2004?

[edit]500 posts, I'm 1337 now!
[snapback]41543[/snapback]
It got you to Edmonton, Canada?
God, it's so creamy.
[snapback]33239[/snapback]

February 24, 2005, 02:12:52 PM
Reply #21

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

February 24, 2005, 05:17:54 PM
Reply #22

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I don't know what to say because me myself haven't got one yet. I don't mind not having a res-slot yet, It's sort of a cosmetic thing.

February 24, 2005, 05:44:49 PM
Reply #23

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
took me a good 4-5 months to finally get a RS  :blink:

talk more on IRC, get more involved in the forums and if you play alot of NS in there (ive seen u quite a few times) you'll be sure to get one.

March 12, 2005, 02:46:17 AM
Reply #24

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
Doobie Dan,

How quickly you forget my flawless meatwad impression....

you wouldn't want me to hold that back from now on would you?  :D

March 13, 2005, 04:33:16 PM
Reply #25

Braindead

• Lerker

• View Profile
I don't know what to say because me myself haven't got one yet. I don't mind not having a res-slot yet, It's sort of a cosmetic thing.
[snapback]41586[/snapback]

No, its more than a cosmetic thing. Well, you wouldn't know that unless you have less than perfect ping. I myself usually have around 90 ping(not bad at all) but I still find that I get kicked every few minutes, sometimes more often.

Conclusion: It's hard to "get more involved" in a situation where every time you start to get into a game you end up kicked.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 04:34:02 PM by Braindead »

March 13, 2005, 06:36:11 PM
Reply #26

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile

No, its more than a cosmetic thing. Well, you wouldn't know that unless you have less than perfect ping. I myself usually have around 90 ping(not bad at all) but I still find that I get kicked every few minutes, sometimes more often.

Conclusion: It's hard to "get more involved" in a situation where every time you start to get into a game you end up kicked.
[snapback]43260[/snapback]

Post more here, and get on IRC.  You'd be surprised how little playing on the server matters when you're up for a  slot - it's probably the least important of the three.  

Recall that not everybody here was not handed one as soon as they stepped in the door - we know how you feel.

March 14, 2005, 03:21:43 AM
Reply #27

Owen

• Skulk

• View Profile

Post more here, and get on IRC.  You'd be surprised how little playing on the server matters when you're up for a  slot - it's probably the least important of the three.  

Recall that not everybody here was not handed one as soon as they stepped in the door - we know how you feel.
[snapback]43275[/snapback]

it takes an amount of being there to get noticed, especially without asking or hinting for it.

March 14, 2005, 09:22:23 AM
Reply #28

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
it takes an amount of being there to get noticed, especially without asking or hinting for it.
[snapback]43312[/snapback]
TBH Owen, I noticed you right away... and you bugged the hell outta me  <_<

I don't know which one of us has changed or when it happend, but I think you're an okay guy now <3  But do you PLAY NS even?  I don't recall seeing you on ze server at all of late.

March 14, 2005, 10:08:11 AM
Reply #29

Braindead

• Lerker

• View Profile

[snapback]43275[/snapback]

I think you read me wrong. I wouldn't even have the nerve to ask for a res slot after only playing for a few days, especially after hearing how long its taken some of you. I was just mearly pointing something out. But anyways, thanks for the advice, it should come in handy if I ever decide to pursue a slot

March 17, 2005, 01:54:00 AM
Reply #30

E-Fonzarelli

• Skulk

• View Profile
HEY!

Don't forget this post is all about meh!!!    >:D

March 17, 2005, 02:41:36 AM
Reply #31

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Ya, like dubby said, its not about how much time you have logged on the server, its about how much we recognize you.  More activeness is equivalent to a greater chance of being slotted.

Don't assume your up for a slot unless you have been active for at least 2 months, your hoping for a miracle (although it has happend in special cases).  It took me around 6 monthes to get my slot... although to be fair I was only active for about 2 of them.

[edit] The reason why asking for a slot is bad is that when you ask for a slot we do consider you... but if there is really any reason why you shouldn't be slotted then you won't be and it will probably be longer before we consider you again since that last time is still in the backs of our heads.  However if your name is brought up by other slotters rather then yourself, we are alot more likely to overlook reasons to not slot you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 02:44:10 AM by SwiftSpear »
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

March 17, 2005, 09:23:35 AM
Reply #32

GrayDuck

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• Personal Text
    Nemesis of fun the world over
    • View Profile
RS Information
No more threads asking for one without getting yourself bumped down on the list and your thread  *** LOCKED ***