Author Topic: Whoopsy daisy  (Read 4101 times)

February 05, 2005, 01:06:09 PM
Read 4101 times

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
So...I was having a jaunt last night watching Mortal Kombat and enjoying reasonable portions of tequila last night. A friend and I went outside for a smoke and started to fool around. He ended up giving me a bit of a toss into a stairway railing and splitting my head open.

I felt fine till I hit the ground then layed there while he started flipping out and screaming about how much blood was coming off my face. I wanted to go inside and see how badass I looked. Much to my excitement my entire face was soaking in wet fresh blood. I got a good look at the cut and decided I needed stitches.

So I'm going to call an ambulance. The supposed friend who's house it is, flipped out at me and wouldn't let me call from his house because the ambulance might wake his parents. So I walked all the way home with Ben (the one who flipped at the sight of blood) and call, let my grandparents know what happened and where I'll be. Then go to the hospital in the back of a super four seater nifto cart! Got my stitches after waiting around playing Pokemon with Ben (who had begged for them to bring him to the hospital with me). Then needed smokes so we walked to 711 and called a cab! Cabbie taught me how to skip out on the ambulance bill.

12 stitches right around my eyebrow and under my eyelid. It was like watching spiderman fix me. A work of art.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

February 05, 2005, 01:09:07 PM
Reply #1

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Nice. I got 9 stitches from my knife slipping and filleting my thumb open. 12 had to be a solid 2 inch cut.

February 05, 2005, 02:09:47 PM
Reply #2

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Wow, you're oh so purdy face has been cut up! I guess chicks dig scars :) I hear head wounds bleed ALOT, and look far worse than they usually are. Well, at least you got a story to tell the chix ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 05, 2005, 05:41:51 PM
Reply #3

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Well, at least you got a story to tell the chix ;)
[snapback]40084[/snapback]

Yes!
"I fell down the stairs and split my head open, look!

*pause*

What, you don't find it attractive?!
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

February 05, 2005, 08:31:55 PM
Reply #4

@gentOrange

• Fade

• View Profile
I didn't get a ride because we'd all been drinking and were in no condition to drive. We also don't drive and...I really don't know. I would  have saved alot of money just wrapping a towel around my head and taking a cab.

But the advice was to LIE and say that I'm a single parent and can't afford the bill. They have a slush fund for such things.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 28kb - DHP

February 05, 2005, 08:44:13 PM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Head wounds bleed a lot because blood flow to the head is very high (brain cells have a very short lifespan if they don't get oxygen). Also, I believe that even the slightest fall in blood pressure in your head causes your circulatory system to divert more blood to the head. Gotta keep up the pressure in the ol' noggin, can't let those precious cells die.

End result: Profuse bleeding. But then again, anything bleeding more than a small cut with a kitchen knife while chopping onions or what have you looks pretty messy. Blood is a pretty messy substance inherently, and the psychological factor of "omg, this dude is leaking the stuff he needs to live" only adds to it. Ever seen half a liter of blood on the floor? Looks like a dozen people just got massacred, but a grown human should be able to take that kind of loss without any serious problems.

February 06, 2005, 09:46:33 AM
Reply #6

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
But the advice was to LIE and say that I'm a single parent and can't afford the bill. They have a slush fund for such things.
[snapback]40113[/snapback]

I'm sorry but when I was reading that I started laughing like mad. That's great. :-D

Lolfighter, your right, any amount of blood looks messy, maybe its a warning sign :)

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

February 06, 2005, 02:20:45 PM
Reply #7

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
Ever seen half a liter of blood on the floor?
[snapback]40115[/snapback]

is it bad if my stomach gurgled after i read that?

February 06, 2005, 07:37:51 PM
Reply #8

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Ever seen half a liter of blood on the floor?
[snapback]40115[/snapback]

is it bad if my stomach gurgled after i read that?
[snapback]40147[/snapback]
OGM. BM is a vampire!
or, you know, one of those idiot goth kids who play too much VTM and pretend they are vampires and everyone thinks their a god damned idiot.

February 07, 2005, 07:03:18 AM
Reply #9

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
A friend and I went outside for a smoke and started to fool around. He ended up giving me a bit of a toss  :mellow:

Much to my excitement my entire face was soaking in wet fresh...
[snapback]40081[/snapback]

Wow, you're oh so purdy face has been cut up! I guess chicks dig scars
[snapback]40084[/snapback]
Reminds me of a paintball saying we used to have:

Chicks dig scars but glory lasts forever!
A lovely thing to see:
through the paper window's hole,
the Galaxy.

February 07, 2005, 08:04:18 PM
Reply #10

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Reminds me of a paintball saying we used to have:

Chicks dig scars but glory lasts forever!
[snapback]40177[/snapback]

Actually, that's from The Replacements.
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

February 08, 2005, 12:37:17 PM
Reply #11

Crispy

• Skulk

• View Profile
Strange, because I've never seen that, so I don't know how the paintball saying that I remember from my friends would be one I somehow remember from a film I've never seen.

Ah, you meant this:

that's from The Replacements

Memories can't be corrected ya know.
A lovely thing to see:
through the paper window's hole,
the Galaxy.

February 09, 2005, 11:53:23 AM
Reply #12

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
WE CAN REMEMBER IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE.

Anyhow, I hope at least one person shouted FATALITY!! when the head got split open. Buy that man a beer.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 10, 2005, 01:28:51 AM
Reply #13

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
Strange, because I've never seen that, so I don't know how the paintball saying that I remember from my friends would be one I somehow remember from a film I've never seen.

Ah, you meant this:

that's from The Replacements

Memories can't be corrected ya know.
[snapback]40293[/snapback]
Uh.. if you remember it from your friends, maybe your friends got it from The Replacements...

:p

February 10, 2005, 01:27:26 PM
Reply #14

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Anyhow, I hope at least one person shouted FATALITY!! when the head got split open. Buy that man a beer.
[snapback]40368[/snapback]

I hope to god I remember that next time I see someone seriously injured that isnt me. preferably that I dont know too. :-D

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

February 11, 2005, 12:49:46 PM
Reply #15

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well its that or FINISH HIM!! then humming the fatality music for, say, The Pit.

dunnnnn dunnnnnnn dundunnnnn diggadunnnnnn.....
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 23, 2005, 08:45:44 AM
Reply #16

Owen

• Skulk

• View Profile
i remember when i sliced open my cheek shaving for like the 3rd time in my life. I had to have 28 steri strips because i was too much of a fanny to have real stitches

February 23, 2005, 06:37:16 PM
Reply #17

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I've never had stitches and hopefully I don't ever will, I don't like surgery it makes me feel sick.

February 24, 2005, 03:27:22 AM
Reply #18

Owen

• Skulk

• View Profile
It's not so bad... if you have a general anaestetic you don't even remember dropping off to sleep. They make you count down from 10, and according to my girlfriend, I didn't even make it to 6. When you wake up from sugery is the worst part tbh. Dry mouth, fuzzy vision, weird smell, it's all very confusing. Then of course you're asked if you want food or something to drink, to which you reply;
"What is there that doesn't taste like sick?"
and you're told things like toast or sandwiches. Why the hell would I want toast at 11pm? I'll tell you why, because their cassarole tastes disgusting.