Author Topic: D&D!  (Read 7453 times)

February 02, 2005, 07:22:05 PM
Reply #20

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Something like 5-10 EST works for me.  Pretty much any day of the week most of the time.  I prefer weekends preferred though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 07:26:25 PM by Decimator »
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.

February 02, 2005, 08:05:35 PM
Reply #21

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Zero: Nay, not a stalker  :huh:

If ya want to participate in any live sessions, I'm sure I could convince the DM to have add an extra person to the campaign(s).  Meh.

February 02, 2005, 08:24:28 PM
Reply #22

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yea Corvus, if you could do that, that'd be cool :D
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

February 02, 2005, 08:53:34 PM
Reply #23

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Alright, we'll set it up for Wednesday next, 7:00 EST?

I guess I'll DM.

In the meantime, I guess you guys can go and roll your characters. Save some time when we actually get going on our little adventure.

For those that've never done it before, we'll walk everyone through it one step at a time.

First thing you need to do is pick your class. There's:

Barbarian: Berserker. Go crazy and kill things.
Bard: Musical dude, does pretty much a little of everything.
Cleric: Basically a healer, but you can pick an evil Diety and do some decent damage too, but if you're going for that, go Sorcerer or Wizard
Druid: Treehugger. Nice spells and stuff though.
Fighter: Hits things with Sharp things. Doesn't get to rage like the barbarian, but gets Feats to improve their combat ability. I'd suggest this for at least one of you.
Monk: Martial Artist
Paladin: Soulful fighter with a dash of healing.
Ranger: Outdoorsy sort of fellow. Pretty much a fighter with a knack for archery.
Rouge: Theif/ Scoundrel. Fun to roll play.
Sorcerer: Poor man's wizard. Good if you want to not be paper in combat, but don't mind not having as many spells as a Wiz.
Wizard: Bonafide spellcaster.

As soon as we get that all picked out, we'll move right along.

February 02, 2005, 11:27:00 PM
Reply #24

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
this would be bad to do via NWN why?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 02, 2005, 11:34:09 PM
Reply #25

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
On that note, has anyone played NWN with someone DMing? I've maybe D&Ded twice in my life, NWN is the closest i get nowadays.
[snapback]39739[/snapback]

i've played NWN with someone dming and all that happened was that one of the guys we played with kept killing things hurting our parties overall alignment
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

February 03, 2005, 11:34:53 AM
Reply #26

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I suppose if NWN is low enough in price, I might be able to pick it up. Kind of strapped for cash right now, though.

February 06, 2005, 03:46:11 PM
Reply #27

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
So... I want to be a rogue. Now what?
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

February 07, 2005, 07:25:35 AM
Reply #28

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Lately, I've acquired a taste for Druids. They get to do some pretty impressive stuff on higher levels. In an emergency, you can always shapeshift into a bird and fly away. Or if you're REALLY high level, turn into an earth elemental and just sink into the ground. XD

February 18, 2005, 02:20:05 AM
Reply #29

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
I been playing DnD for around 6+ years now, which isent all that long. Some people that I useto play with have been playing for over 25 years and spanning many different tabletops they are right now 34thish level and have been playing the same campian for almost 2 years. Currently I play a Stargate SG-1(DnD Modern; Level 9 Jaffa Guardian) game and a DnD game we just started(Level 1 Human Rogue). My whole family also goes to GenCon Indy every year which is and always will be so badass!
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

February 18, 2005, 11:59:57 AM
Reply #30

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I quit playing D&D around the release of the 3rd edition rules. Seriously, if I want to play a complex game, Shadowrun all the way. D&D 2ed was nce because it was very simple, and you could pull the crap out of your ass on the fly easilly, and you didn't need to sit down and plan out for 12 hours. 3rd edition completely RUINED the game by overcomplicating it, next thing you know they have rules for LOS and 'Opportunity Fire' crap. The new classes were retarded (I don't care how many years you studied under the grandmaster of every martial artist, you will NOT be punching a hole through steel and parrying my sword with your bare :Ding hands) and felt SO ripped from Diablo.

In other words, 3rd edition was like a ^^ty attempt to breathe life into it by making it nothing at all like it used to be. It blows.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 12:00:34 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 18, 2005, 12:02:28 PM
Reply #31

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
yes.... Shadowrun universe = oh so very win.

love that mix of gritty sci-fi and magic <3 <3

oh and Uranium, 1337 ninja hax0r punches was in 2nd ED too....at least in a source book for it..... Oriental adventures!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 12:03:41 PM by Dirty Harry Potter »

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

February 18, 2005, 12:41:22 PM
Reply #32

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
The OA is now obsolete because of 3.5. Untill it is ported to 3.5 its broken
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

February 18, 2005, 12:47:15 PM
Reply #33

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
afaik 3.5 doesn't break 3.0 sourcebooks, and i was talking about the 2nd ED sourcebook anyway. well wasn't called Oriental adventure... but!..... THE COMPLETE NINJAS HANDBOOK!...now doesn't THAT sound nifty ?

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

February 18, 2005, 01:40:02 PM
Reply #34

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Shadowrun rocked because it had rules for practically everything. Instead of generic "When you have a wand, use XYZ. Save vs. Wands" which basically forced you to use WANDS in your games, Shadowrun had fairly flexible rules - You had weaponry rules from the ridiculously powerful Aztechnology Vaporizer Railgun (You don't really want to know how many dice I had to roll and how much work I had to do figuring out how that thing worked when my group fired it from a ship into a cafe to kill their target. Through a building no less), to your generic ARES Smartgun, to the mundane swords and crossbows. They always listed about 30 ways to do something and had very clear, practical rules that were easy to apply if it wasn't listed.

D&D was great because you could sit around with friends and go 'hey let's play D&D' and get rolling in an hour. No longer :(

February 18, 2005, 01:53:09 PM
Reply #35

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I wanna cast magic missle

February 18, 2005, 02:21:52 PM
Reply #36

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 18, 2005, 02:33:04 PM
Reply #37

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Shadowrun rocked because it had rules for practically everything. Instead of generic "When you have a wand, use XYZ. Save vs. Wands" which basically forced you to use WANDS in your games, Shadowrun had fairly flexible rules - You had weaponry rules from the ridiculously powerful Aztechnology Vaporizer Railgun (You don't really want to know how many dice I had to roll and how much work I had to do figuring out how that thing worked when my group fired it from a ship into a cafe to kill their target. Through a building no less), to your generic ARES Smartgun, to the mundane swords and crossbows. They always listed about 30 ways to do something and had very clear, practical rules that were easy to apply if it wasn't listed.

D&D was great because you could sit around with friends and go 'hey let's play D&D' and get rolling in an hour. No longer :(
[snapback]41009[/snapback]

I just picked up 3.5 a month or two ago, and the guys I play with can usually roll up a character in 30-45 minutes tops. With banter interlaced, it's not bad at all, and in the same time, I've been able to put together a mini-hack and slash adventure. Draw map of cave, have em walk through it, encounter troglodytes and armies of orcs, then have them get eaten by a black dragon at the end of the evening :). A good few hours of fun, and once you've rolled a few characters you get a sense of how to do it quicker.

February 18, 2005, 05:21:55 PM
Reply #38

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Fireball in an enclosed space! OGM ADDY BBQ!
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

February 18, 2005, 08:23:39 PM
Reply #39

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Did this idea die or something?
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!