Author Topic: Hostile Intent  (Read 7973 times)

January 02, 2004, 05:26:43 PM
Read 7973 times

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
the game i feel is extremely good, sure theres MANY bugs but the major ones will be fixed by tomorrow (saturday),i was thinking of mabye meeting up in a server and all going NATO or TANGO as a team against whomever else is in, or just 1 big game :)

January 02, 2004, 05:44:50 PM
Reply #1

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i love the game ... although i suck at it

so fun to be able to neak up on unsuspecting snipars

January 02, 2004, 06:28:12 PM
Reply #2

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
No way in hell I'd ever play 'yet-another-anti-terrorism-######-clone'.

January 02, 2004, 07:08:29 PM
Reply #3

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well, you're just a hater.

And we know that karma dictates where haters go...in the bodies of slugs and paramecium and such.  Don't be another statistic.

Despite Uranium's nubbliness, I thoroughly enjoy this game.  The only real problem I've seen so far is the serious lack of good maps - I don't know how many there are, but I've played the same three over and over and over again.

Needless to say, I'm gonna go play.  Right now.

January 02, 2004, 07:12:03 PM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Perhaps, but you have 10 minutes to tell me one major thing that this game has that is 'revolutionary' or 'unique'.

January 02, 2004, 08:46:23 PM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Perhaps, but you have 10 minutes to tell me one major thing that this game has that is 'revolutionary' or 'unique'.
I've heard that it's much more realistic and has a stamina thing going for it. And then a bunch of other stuff that makes it 'realistic.' I haven't dled it cuz of my 56k. But I will eventually (maybe when the bugs are gone, so it's worth the time).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

January 02, 2004, 09:15:51 PM
Reply #6

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Tension.  The tense feeling that you can get playing that game...is intense.

January 02, 2004, 10:15:34 PM
Reply #7

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
That's not really... it... that can be different for everyone. I mean, TS had lots of tension :/

(Reply number 666)

January 02, 2004, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #8

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
ya but this kind of tension is the paranoid feeling, because its so quiet and any noise u hear u immediatly look in that direction, especially in that jungle map, and u also get tension when u get telefragged lol

January 03, 2004, 09:20:34 PM
Reply #9

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
If we can find a server that we can reg on, or tell me a server to join and get a group of us on, I'll play. But so far my experiences with it havn't warranted starting it up again.

January 04, 2004, 10:05:50 AM
Reply #10

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I usually play on the Enhanced Gaming server, for what it's worth.  :huh:

January 06, 2004, 08:08:47 AM
Reply #11

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
I usually play on the Enhanced Gaming server, for what it's worth.  :huh:
yeah, i try to get on that one or montanacs

i happen to know a certain person who happens to have rcon to enhanced gaming, so when i play with said person, lamercount goes down

January 06, 2004, 03:32:29 PM
Reply #12

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
im like the lucky charms guy, im all over the palce, if u happen to catch me well then you get to play with me   :lol:

January 08, 2004, 05:32:09 AM
Reply #13

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Hahahaha.

Seriously, to believe that, it must be intense to wake up in the morning, or open a door, or go to the bathroom.

There's a great difference between "slow" and "tense", HI verges on slow, but falls horrifically into the classification known as "tedious". I refer you to the game Project 0, or the later Rainbow Six games with multiplayer, or NS even, if you want real tension.

Nothing in Hostile Intent is new, at all. The whole idea is CS, the ironsights was done in RO, the lack of HUD was created by some lazy git, and the bugginess... well. What do you know, there IS something unique. It has more bugs than your average Lithtech game.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 08, 2004, 07:32:53 AM
Reply #14

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
There's a reason it's been called "Hostiles in a tent"

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

January 08, 2004, 08:52:50 AM
Reply #15

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i suggest you try walking through hi_jungle with a few good teammates and tangos ...

move up! ... guys, go! ... guys? ... hello? ... where'd you all go? ... wtf? ... -pop-

January 08, 2004, 10:28:56 AM
Reply #16

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
It has more bugs than your average Lithtech game.
ooooo, low blow ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 09, 2004, 06:23:56 AM
Reply #17

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
There's a reason it's been called "Hostiles in a tent"
tankefugl plays it too?

January 09, 2004, 06:59:53 AM
Reply #18

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Its good.

But then again I still claim that Operation Flashpoint was one of the best FPS's ever. But for a start if may be ploddy but if you get into a major firefight then its where Hostile Intent really shines. And the sound is better than your average Terrorists-and-the-guys-that-take-them-out mod.

FIX THIS!

January 09, 2004, 06:23:59 PM
Reply #19

Goldfish

• Lerker

• View Profile
Yanno.. Operation Flashpoint, at release, only had one cooperative map.  At the time it was the MOST fun I've ever had playing a co-op vs AI war game..  The map centers around this Soviet Compound and you need to get in and blow some crap up (Sorry, I don't remember the specifics- it's been what.. three years?  Maybe two..)- You, the American special forces, have a jeep that you can't take all the way to the compound because the enemy will hear you.  You only have one man with a LAW (anti-tank)  and the rest of your men are packing strictly small arms.  The tanks are on a timed patrol, with infantry also patrolling the compound grounds.  What do you choose to do?  Go in guns blazing and you and your team are dead, most likely crushed by a T-72.  The game was tense- you actually feared dying (perhaps because of the higher than average load times or maybe the immense effort just getting into position required.)  Anyway...  needless to say the first time my friends and I played that game at a LAN a fellow named Guy stood up instead of crawled forward and got our entire squad wiped out.

It was classic.  Oh, on a not so off-topic note, maybe I'll check this mod out.  But as far as Terrorists versus Counter-Terrorists goes, I think Rainbow Six: Raven Shield did a good job.