Author Topic: Its All Over..  (Read 5115 times)

October 28, 2004, 11:32:37 AM
Read 5115 times

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile

My C&C Worldwide Warfare pack arrived today.

Install begins shortly.

I've stocked up on drinks and munchies, I don't expect to be seen for some time, hehe.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

October 28, 2004, 12:06:27 PM
Reply #1

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
world warfare pack?

October 28, 2004, 02:47:20 PM
Reply #2

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I never was too big on real time strategies, the whole thinging-really-fast and memorizing the hotkeys hasn't been all that entertaining. I liked the old Starcraft feel of just massing up a single unit and molesting the hell out of the enemy with them.  >:D

October 28, 2004, 05:01:39 PM
Reply #3

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Can still do that with C&C, heh. Besides its fun to mow people down with tanks, or in Emperor: Battle for Dune, Buzzsaws!!

Oh, and the Worldwide Warfare pack is basically C&C plus Covert Ops, Red Alert plus Aftermath and Counterstrike.

So the "original games" plus all their expansions.

And next week I'll have RA2 plus Yuri's Revenge and Tiberian Sun with Firestorm.

October 28, 2004, 08:16:01 PM
Reply #4

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
sigh.... C&C owns all.

No matter what anyone says, C&C still and will always own all

In math terms.... C&C > J00
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 08:16:26 PM by Diablus »

October 28, 2004, 08:43:13 PM
Reply #5

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Generals was kinda sad, I felt it had no business being a C&C game.

October 28, 2004, 11:31:03 PM
Reply #6

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I wouldn't think so scooter; I almost always play terrorist on Counterstrike, and (although there may or may not be a connection) in games where its humans vs something else, I usually go for the something else.

October 29, 2004, 09:27:52 AM
Reply #7

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
whadya all mean generals didn't fit in, the one that didn't fit in was that craptastic 3-d run around and heal the tanks with your weapon and then get to close to an obolisk and get shot, oh I just remembered it was called renegade. Generals is far superior and was actually fun to play.

bye necrosis  :)
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

October 29, 2004, 11:00:37 AM
Reply #8

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I wouldn't think so scooter; I almost always play terrorist on Counterstrike, and (although there may or may not be a connection) in games where its humans vs something else, I usually go for the something else.
[snapback]32298[/snapback]
Plus the terrorists have better weapons imo.

Anyway, I though Generals was okay, if just for watching the beauty of a nuke or SCUD. Then again, it wasn't me who bought it, so I can appreciate it more. I don't play it now anyway, so I didn't waste any money.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

October 29, 2004, 11:24:44 AM
Reply #9

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
C&C uber alles, I am sorry folks.

Since I'm on a break, here's some comments -

I always play the "other guy". Undead, Tyranids, Zerg, Kharaa, Aliens, Galactic Empire, Borg/Species 8472, etc etc etc.

Because its FUN to be inhuman. And I get a kick out of slaughtering the humies.

I've just placed an order for the "newer" C&C games, I'll likely hold off on Gen/Zero hour until christmas, because tbh if I wanted a more "real world" wargame I probably wouldn't be playing C&C. However its a C&C game and therefore I WILL possess it at some point.

October 29, 2004, 01:35:40 PM
Reply #10

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Necrosis, when you get the Zero Hour exp pack, install this MOD, it basically enhances the game alot more, More abilities, new units, etc

and play with me and XSZ <3

October 29, 2004, 01:44:44 PM
Reply #11

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Plus the terrorists have better weapons imo.

I agree; The AK-47 is one of my best weapons, and the Deagle is accessible to both sites, so I'm usually set. Although I've found that the Famas is really solid, and there are times where I wouldn't mind having that instead.

October 29, 2004, 03:23:11 PM
Reply #12

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
diablus i reinstalled zero hour for that mod and it is sweet. i haven't tried multiplayer yet, does it work ok?

October 29, 2004, 03:52:49 PM
Reply #13

X-S-Z

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yea fats, aside from a few odd bugs (like when I make a game, I cant adust money) it's fine, if a little slow. Me and Diablus play against each other alot, fun.  :)

October 29, 2004, 04:55:33 PM
Reply #14

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
If someone wants to play me in Generals, I'm all up for it. I have Zero Hour as well, although I'd rather play normal Generals because Zero Hour is just not balanced at all, which makes it no fun to play (lets have a weapon that one cannont counter, and make it even better! YES! ALPHA AURORA).

October 29, 2004, 09:23:03 PM
Reply #15

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yea fats, aside from a few odd bugs (like when I make a game, I cant adust money) it's fine, if a little slow. Me and Diablus play against each other alot, fun.  :)
[snapback]32343[/snapback]

Ze Bros play Zero Hour as well....we should all get together and have an LM bash to see who is the best Gen!
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

October 29, 2004, 11:22:50 PM
Reply #16

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Okay - Tiberian Dawn - Set in the future, a meteor from space carrying strange crystals crashes near the Tiber river. The crystals are found to contain very valuable materials. The Brotherhood of Nod, a terrorist organization, uses Tiberium to gain power and influence. You battle it out over Africa and Europe to destroy the Brotherhood of Nod as the GDI. And if you destroy his temple with the Ion Cannon, you get a cool cutscene :)

Tiberian Sun - Moving along, Kane, the leader of Nod, survived the final attack on his temple on Bosnia, and is back. Using new technologies, including hybridizing humans with Tiberium to create mutant atomic supermen, Kane is bent on destroying everything and taking over the world - again. As the GDI on a larger budget this time, you get to kick his ass and finish him off.

Red Alert - Einstein decides that he was totally wrong on this whole 'time' thing and goes back and kills Hitler before his rise to power. This alters the timeline, leaving Josef Stalin free to roam across Europe. As the Allies, you get to crush the Soviet war machine.

Red Alert 2 - Even further down this corrupted timeline, the premier of Russia, hellbent on reclaiming power for Russia, is influenced by his creepy ugly sidekick Yuri, who also just happens to be psychic, as well as probably a closet pedophile. Commence blowing stuff up.

Generals - Set in the real world with real-world weapons, where you fight real nations and 'a terrorist organization' that happens to use... real weapons we were told to be scared of (SCUD missiles? F-22's? F-117-As?).

Yes, I can definitely see how Generals is a C&C game. What with the fact that C&C up till Generals was about its OWN plot and its OWN universe, now suddenly we're fighting in real situations? What did you idiots need, a mission where you stop the 9/11 hijacking? I like how I'm always the only one on the internet to ever use my brain and make the connections between these things. I also happen to be the only one who thought Starship Troopers sucked ass, and wasn't even entertaining. Coincidence?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 11:24:50 PM by Uranium - 235 »

October 29, 2004, 11:41:36 PM
Reply #17

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
you forget renegade, that sortve takes place in the first CnC game......
it was fun, running around in the NOD and GDI buildings.

October 30, 2004, 07:10:59 AM
Reply #18

CorvusX

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
I play Zero Hour as well, if anyone wants to play a game :)

And, Renegade is the most "out-of-place" game in the series, just because it's a FPS.  Not to say that it isn't fun.

October 30, 2004, 11:33:34 AM
Reply #19

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Renegade at least took place in teh C&C universe.