Author Topic: Hello  (Read 146627 times)

April 11, 2004, 08:34:39 PM
Reply #160

Evangelion_2

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
The best way to get a res slot is not ask for one.
Sig size too big, 22kb is the max size, yours is 38kb - DHP (the loser)
MrBill:Ohhhhhhh NooooO!!!!

April 11, 2004, 08:55:12 PM
Reply #161

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
bah that size is no fun...
Perhaps not - but neither are your giant eyesore signature images ;)  Make them comply yourself or an admin will remove them.

I'm sorry to come on mean or anything - those are simply the rules set out by the administrating team :)

April 11, 2004, 09:52:15 PM
Reply #162

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
bah that size is no fun...
bah? Maybe coming in and asking for a reserve slot, then learning that you need to conform to forum rules and change your sig, and then NOT conforming, but stating your disagreement to the rules, is not a good show of character for said reserve slot.  :huh:

That said, reserve slots are given to people who are good teamplayers, respect the rules, and are fun to play with. Just hang around the server, IRC, and forums, and you might gain some points.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

April 11, 2004, 11:34:52 PM
Reply #163

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
turning off images/sigs is bootiful. i get to read pure text. non of this funny pictures and such.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 11, 2004, 11:40:33 PM
Reply #164

Arctic-Dragoon

• Lerker

• View Profile
its not about not conforming, i don't have the resources to modify the pics to
400x75, nor the ability to host the pics even if i was able modify them.

and relax... i know sarcasm is hard to pick up on the internet, but
it wasn't like i was showing disrespect towards the rules here... and
speaking of rules, i don't see this 400x75 sig rule in any of the rules
listed for the forums here
This sig was funny, but way way too big.  RIP this sig.

April 12, 2004, 12:06:09 AM
Reply #165

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
its in the sig rules or you will have a message in red from lb himself to resize it
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

April 12, 2004, 03:26:22 AM
Reply #166

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Everyone stop, leave it to the forum admins. There's a good reason you're not admins, and as such, stop acting like them. He got the point already.

April 12, 2004, 10:43:36 AM
Reply #167

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i suppose i should reiterate what LB always says, if you want a reserve slot, don't ask for one (yes, very Zen koanish).
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 12, 2004, 11:30:11 AM
Reply #168

Gadzuko

• Lerker

• View Profile
Well, I don't usually make "Hello" posts, but seeing as there's a ready made thread for the purpose...  Hi.

Some of you may recognize me from the server or from IRC, I've been hanging out pretty regularly.  I've been playing NS since release, and been on the NS forums for over a year, only just now got around to finding a community to hang out with really.

April 12, 2004, 11:43:02 AM
Reply #169

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
... i don't see this 400x75 sig rule in any of the rules
listed for the forums here[/QUOTE]
Those are the forum rules, not the signature guidelines, which can be found here in the official image testing and guidelines thread. It shouldn't be so hard to comprehend that maybe the images are in the art section, but just in case, we have a nifty little search feature that I would advise you to use in the future.

April 12, 2004, 11:43:26 AM
Reply #170

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yeah, just hang out have fun post on the forums and be a regular.

having a sucky connection and getting the boot alot but still trying to be part of the community is a good way :p
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

April 12, 2004, 11:56:28 AM
Reply #171

Sancho

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Hey guys. Just thought I'd introduce myself on the forums. You may know me as "Game, Blouses" but I decided to change my name on the server..apparently no one watches Chappele Show.

Well, thats all for now. Peace guys.  :ph34r:
I kept wanting to ask you about your name, I saw that episode, but thought that somehow the name was coincidental.  Funny episode :D

April 12, 2004, 12:03:04 PM
Reply #172

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
darknesses! darknesses!

WHAT?!

oh and welcome to the forums

<-- watches chappelles show
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.

April 12, 2004, 12:25:22 PM
Reply #173

devil

• Lerker

• View Profile
hello forumites, my name is scott macpherson from ontario canada. because of steam and my firewall, lunixmonster is one of about 10 server that could turn up when i updated my server list. its just as well because i think its great with the number of team players on it, the pings and the FF so i spend most of my NS time on there

with all the time i spend on yur server i thought i would visit the forums and ask a few questions that are on my mind

what % of damage is friendly fire?

how is kicking for slot reservations done?

>:D

April 12, 2004, 12:27:41 PM
Reply #174

JHunz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
AGH!  ANOTHER DEVIL!

Anyway: 33%, ping

And welcome to the forums

lolfighter elaborates: If the server is at capacity (16 players, the 17th slot is only there to allow resslotters to get in when the server's full without having to do it through the console), the highest-pinging non-resslotter is kicked to make room.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 07:26:14 AM by lolfighter »
"We have plenty of youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

April 12, 2004, 12:31:10 PM
Reply #175

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
yes welcome!

April 12, 2004, 01:34:53 PM
Reply #176

zerwalter

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Everyone stop, leave it to the forum admins. There's a good reason you're not admins, and as such, stop acting like them. He got the point already.
omfg ownt (sorry couldn't resist)

April 12, 2004, 02:14:44 PM
Reply #177

Sustained

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
Greeeeeetingsss....

Just saying my hellos. Some of ya may recognize me from the server, where I occasionally display my pastry nubbyness and my overly scary pastry accent.

I can also add that I know DHP in real life, and I can go to his place and beat him, should he become too annoying. The same goes for him, I should suspect.

Nubby Pastry, awaaaay!

[size=8]Thanks to Grimm for the sig![/size]

April 14, 2004, 04:47:40 PM
Reply #178

Tombomb

• Skulk

• View Profile
Hi all my names Tom and iam new to TLM forum but i have played at TLM server on ns for about a week or two and i think that its a great server and is a fast connection.  i will be around now so.... Hey!  :D  to all!

Thanks Dubb & Satiagraha for teh sweet hook up of Sig and Avatar
(Quote) Tombomb
DURPDE DUURRR????

April 14, 2004, 05:17:54 PM
Reply #179

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Hi all my names Tom and iam new to TLM forum but i have played at TLM server on ns for about a week or two and i think that its a great server and is a fast connection.  i will be around now so.... Hey!  :D  to all!
lo!

I am also "new". Been playing a month or so but i'm new on the forums/irc-channel.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:33:42 PM by Clashen »
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen