Author Topic: Zero7's Adventures!  (Read 8562 times)

September 06, 2004, 01:23:28 PM
Read 8562 times

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Might as well start typing it all out now. Features my travel log currently. Pictures come later on.

Now let's all sit back with a cup of whatever the hell you like to drink, and read about my (somewhat odd and stupid, IMO) Adventures in Asia

Pre-note: I'd like to make it clear to everyone... that Temjin sucks.

Travel Log

August 14
Got pulled out of the line to board the plane and searched. I had to remove my backpack and wallet and they went through it. Scanned with that niffy metal detector thing too and set it off a LOT of times. I bet I scared quite a few people with how many times I set it off (couldn't go 5 seconds without it going off) Strange thing is, my shoes set it off too. So those were removed and searched. Apparently... my shoes have metal in it. *shrugs*

August 15
Still on the plane... watched movies, played games. Over 24 hours and I still haven't taken a potty break. This _CAN'T_ be good for my bladder. Anywho, I win. Plane I'm on kicks ass, I get my own personal TV and I can watch whatever movie I want (they have about 60 or so to choose from) or, I can play games (POKEMON! KEKEKEKE)

August 16
Arrived in Taipei at 5:30 AM. Got to the hotel. Slept until 7:30 AM and took a city tour. Our guide sucked complete ass.  He decided to flirt with the two Japanese girls who were also taking the tour. *sigh* Kicked out of the tour bus towards the end, they told us to take a taxi home. Yea, it was THAT bad. Meh, no tippage for him, more money for me! Would like to point out at this time, that Temjin sucks. Went to the wrong MRT station to meet him, because he's not very clear about these things. Dinner was horrible too, it looked like actual trash (but you knew it wasn't because they cooked it infront of you)

August 17
Went to Marble Gorge, where entire mountains around the gorge are made up entirely of marble. Anywho... 1900 metres, 60 pictures, 12 bottles of watter, and 2 sore feet later... (Insert pictures here, when I get back in Canada that is) People kept on talking to me in Mandarin. I don't know Mandarin. It made for funny situations. My response to everyone who talked to me and who I couldn't understand: Smile. And nod. Tired as hell after that. The tour lasted 10 hours.

August 18
Had a 4 hour car ride... YAY! Total distance over 4 hours = 280km. Talk about going slow... >_< Arrived at some Sun Moon Lake place and had lunch at some lake-side place. Then we went to a Pagoda on a mountain... hill... thing. 226 steps to the top. A lot of steps. Total distance covered in 226 steps = 570m. Height above sea level at the top of the pagoda = 1000m. The average time it takes someone to travel to the top is 15-20 minutes. I had 10:20 going up. Record is 4 minutes. Little did I know that more stairs lay ahead... (in Cambodia)

Anyways, we visited the aborigines. Mother parental unit bought royal jelly and some... ground up deer fetus (wtf?). They threw in some beauty product for men, because I'm a pretty boy apparently, and need to take good care of myself.. o.O They talked to me a lot in Mandarin, some tried Cantonese (finally! a language I can comprehend). Anyways, there were many a sad face when we left for Puli. Puli is a town located in the centre of Taiwan. It's also known for it's 4 W's. Good weahter, Good Water, Good wine, and Good Women. Wewt. Went to some famous wine factory place. Had rice wine, weak stuff, only 15%. My n33d for b33r continues.
I got some shampoo and soap made from wine. I now smell like a drunkard. A sexy drunkard. Ohhhh yeaaa ;) (Sorry, it's the alcohol talking... I'm absorbing it through my pores, you see.)

August 19
Nothing Much. Met Temjin. He's an ugleh muh (<3) IRL.  Someone gave me a "free" pen. Went to Shilin Night Market. Lots of pretty girls. Temjin wanted to use me to get their phone numbers. AND SO IT WAS DONE. Because, I'm seckseh like that.  Apparently, some older girls thought we were a homosexual couple *frown* and wanted to invite us back to their place (or so Temjin says...) keekles. Was also supposed to buy Tem-nub pr0n. Missed my chance for it at Shilin. Oh well.

Note to self: Return to Asia after HS, with friends <3 (or maybe head to Europe instead)

August 20
Nothing- Took a 4 hour plane ride from Taipei to Singapore. Arrived, ate, slept, read House of the Scorpion. Slept some more. That about sums up my day.

August 21
Woke up to the sound of SCAREH wildlife (like... monkey cries O.O;) Wewt. Went around and visited relatives. Then we went to visit more relatives. Wasted 2-3 hours downtown wandering. It sucked quite badly. Then I visited more relatives. Harharhharharar, someone kill me. Please.

August 22
Woke up at 5:30 AM.  Flew to Cambodia. Our tour guide didn't show up at the airport, so we took teh scareh risk and took a cab to the 4 star hotel. Agent showed up at hotel 1h 40m later.  They made so many mistakes, it's not even funny. Examples:
1) Time (Apparently, they thought we were already picked up, though we weren't)
2) Lunch/Dinner included (Thought it wasn't)
3) Wrong name & Group Number (Apparently, I don't exist, yea)
4) Mixed us up with ANOTHER group

Now, this was during the SLOW season, mind you... I don't wanna even think about them during the busy season :x

August 23
Lots of walking. Feet hurt. Hurt Bad. :( Lots of bloody stairs too. Steep stairs. Also went to Angkor Wat. Lots of Japanese people here o.0.... who also talked to me in Jap. I don't bloody look Japanese, do I? >_<  Apparently 65m high hills count as mountains. Cambodia is really fsking weird. Also got to ride an elephant. Rawr.

August 24
Visited more bloody temples. Went to some weird temple and it started raining. Boring day. Learned the tour guide was an aspiring singer (he won several competitions). Yea, Really nothing happened.

August 25
Learned Taiwan was getting hit by 2 typhoons. Ahahahahaha! Temjin got nubbed! :D
Because I'm rather bored, I found some interesting colour combinations from this store place: Blue/Black. Red/Black. Red/Gold. Gold/Black.
Went on river cruise and saw floating villages. Yea.... Sup turtle?

August 26
Went back to Singapore from Cambodia. Did absolutely nothing. Note: It's really bloody hot. Further Note: I don't think the next few days will be very interesting.

August 27
Nothing. Again. Just wander around some major commercial centre (I bet this place is cooler at night)

August 28
Nothing. Went and visited Haw Par Villa - where you get to learn all about Chinese myth and the 10 different courts of hell and junk. Then I visted more relatives. I need bloody entertainment. Of the funnay variety. >_<

August 29
Went to see AvP. Sucked. Cousin showed me around and brought me to malls. Apparently, that's all there really is to do in Singapore. Shop. Also, they have shops that sell snowboard clothing (Singapore has no mountains... and it's near the equator, so no snow)... Apparently, it's trendy. Fun fact of the day! Popular fashion styles in Singapore are largely Japanese influenced. Personal note: That explains why I see so many short skirts ;)

August 30
Woke up sick. Blah blah blah. Left Singapore for Canada. My flight route is from S'pore to Hong Kong to San Fran To Toronto. Total time spent in air is approx 22h. Total time spent in transit at the airport is 4-5 hours. Wheee bloody whee.

August 31
On the plane \o/ The dude sitting infront of me is really quite rude :(

August 30
OMFG. Time travel hax! Arrived at San Fran. Customs line sucked too. We spent an HOUR in line, and our flight was the only one there. GFG efficiency. Also, some jerk behind us kept on coughing right at us. Didn't even bother to cover his mouth. Uggh, disgusting. He did it repeatedly too *sigh* Oh, and I got searched again. Do I _REALLY_ look that much like a gang member or a terrorist or something? (I heard Triad mentioned by some people in line to go in, and they were looking at me funny)

August 31
Arrived in Canada. My story ends here folks :)
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

September 06, 2004, 02:26:53 PM
Reply #1

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I demand hot and provocative pictures of Temjin.

September 06, 2004, 02:34:42 PM
Reply #2

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
i demand picturs

September 06, 2004, 03:04:17 PM
Reply #3

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
pictars now zero >:D
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

September 06, 2004, 06:42:12 PM
Reply #4

Mr.Bill

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
Congrajulations Zero7, this thread rates a surprisingly interesting on my scale of awsome. not many threads get that. so good job at keeping my occupied for 10 min or something like that.

and yes, temjin pics = pwn

Hows my comming? PM!

For the win

September 06, 2004, 08:39:26 PM
Reply #5

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
well uhh...hmm....I'd like to...hmmm...

*glances at watch quickly*

oh yes.  IT SEEMS TO BE "LATER", and I see no pictures.

This thread needs 100% more pictures!

September 07, 2004, 01:34:04 AM
Reply #6

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
And 100% less pance.

September 07, 2004, 04:12:59 AM
Reply #7

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
And 100% less pance.
[snapback]28440[/snapback]
What would that equate to if you weren't wearing pance from the start? :lol:
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

September 07, 2004, 11:02:44 AM
Reply #8

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
what we need, are pictures of you when you were waiting in line, WTH were you wearing, you psycho gangsta triad asian thug?!?!
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

September 08, 2004, 03:23:56 PM
Reply #9

Slink

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
QUOTE(sonic @ Sep 7 2004, 03:34 AM)
And 100% less pance.

What would that equate to if you weren't wearing pance from the start? laugh.gif

getting your legs gnawed off by rabid hamsters...
"That's a rather tender subject.  Another slice anyone?"

*Warning: Content May Not Be "G" Rated.  And it may be morally reprehensible, to boot.

September 09, 2004, 02:44:52 PM
Reply #10

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Oh, and I got searched again. Do I _REALLY_ look that much like a gang member or a terrorist or something?

not quite, but american policy states that if you do not have white skin, your probably in for a violation of privacy.

September 09, 2004, 04:23:05 PM
Reply #11

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Oh, and I got searched again. Do I _REALLY_ look that much like a gang member or a terrorist or something?

not quite, but american policy states that if you do not have white skin, your probably in for a violation of privacy.
[snapback]28601[/snapback]

eh i've been searched with the wand
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 04:24:18 PM by Dark »
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

September 09, 2004, 04:54:58 PM
Reply #12

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
YELLOW SKINS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE IN THE USA!~!!!!!!1 [/security] lololol I love security, it's so worthless because I can always get past the systems because I am not some 'punk' teenager and I smile loolol!

Oh yeah, temjin pix pls!

Forgot to add that I don't look like a terrorist.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

September 09, 2004, 05:55:09 PM
Reply #13

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You sure did a whole lot of nothing :p

September 09, 2004, 06:01:51 PM
Reply #14

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
zero it has been 3 days and still no pictars so make with the posting of them :lol:
[/b]

September 09, 2004, 06:15:39 PM
Reply #15

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
but I'm lazy! >_<
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

September 09, 2004, 07:18:59 PM
Reply #16

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
but I'm lazy! >_<
[snapback]28622[/snapback]

we all are so that is not a valid excuse :p  :p  :p  :p
[/b]

September 10, 2004, 07:16:37 PM
Reply #17

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
we all are so that is not a valid excuse

agreed. SO SHOW TEH PICZORZ!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

September 10, 2004, 08:05:55 PM
Reply #18

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I need some imagery, Zero. And not with words.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

September 11, 2004, 07:45:06 AM
Reply #19

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
Make with the pics, or the bunny gets it.