Author Topic: The Return Of The King  (Read 9751 times)

December 27, 2003, 08:54:55 PM
Reply #40

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It's supposed to be a d20 die ;)
Maybe I missed something, but wth are you talking about?
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

December 27, 2003, 09:53:02 PM
Reply #41

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It's supposed to be a d20 die ;)
Maybe I missed something, but wth are you talking about?
Hint:

December 28, 2003, 07:15:01 AM
Reply #42

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Hey Lmaofighter:  nice *snicker* collection you've got going there *snicker*....

Jesus....what am I talking about.  I actually own a few of those deep red dies with gold lettering....

December 28, 2003, 10:06:39 AM
Reply #43

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
bleh.... my pearl dice collection is way prettier than those.  Used to spend more time admiring them than rolling them; made playing games take a bit longer than usual =3

December 28, 2003, 09:56:39 PM
Reply #44

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ph34r... I own the one on the top-right

December 28, 2003, 10:03:08 PM
Reply #45

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
*gasps*

The almighty d100.

Never had one of thems....*ogles*  :huh:

December 29, 2003, 02:08:49 AM
Reply #46

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Hey Lmaofighter:  nice *snicker* collection you've got going there *snicker*....
I don't think those are his, the link for the images says its from some kind of gaming site or something.

On a random side thing, here is my rather minimal collection of dice. The one in the center is my current favorite. Although you can't really tell, its got the Mirroding expansion symbol (from Magic: The Gathering) on it where the 20 would be. I've also got one with the Scourge expansion symbol, and another with a Lotus symbol. And yes, those are Altoids tins the dice are in.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:09:50 AM by Grimm »

December 29, 2003, 03:34:10 AM
Reply #47

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I've got lots and lots of joob-joobs ^^

For those not in the know; joob-joobs are the glass beads used in some games as counters or for decorating stuff like in vases and things.  Joob-joobs rock XD

I also like saying joob-joob ^~

December 29, 2003, 08:09:25 AM
Reply #48

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Hey Lmaofighter:  nice *snicker* collection you've got going there *snicker*....
I don't think those are his, the link for the images says its from some kind of gaming site or something.

Well, I figured that it would be funnier to rip into him than to make it known that he actually visits "www.wizardtower.com"  :lol:  :lol:

[size=8]joob-joob[/size]

December 29, 2003, 09:55:06 AM
Reply #49

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ahhh, there's so many dice. I never knew people collected dice.

December 29, 2003, 10:32:47 AM
Reply #50

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Well, not just collecting for the sake of collecting - collecting for the sake of games such as Dungeons and Dragons and the like.  :rolleyes:  :p

December 29, 2003, 11:48:28 AM
Reply #51

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I also have a one-sided die... a marble I etched a big '1' into... :)

Finally there's my two sided die, a penny I heated and cooled to clear it of all visible markings and turned it gold by dunking it in boiling HCl. Then I engraved a '1' and '2' on it :) People ask funny questions about it....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 11:48:53 AM by Uranium - 235 »

December 29, 2003, 01:49:41 PM
Reply #52

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, not just collecting for the sake of collecting - collecting for the sake of games such as Dungeons and Dragons and the like.  :rolleyes:  :p
But still, collecting. How do you even get the dice? (Pardon my not playing Dungeons and Dragons ignorance)

December 29, 2003, 03:10:29 PM
Reply #53

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
You can buy them at your local geekpit (A.K.A Comic Book/Miniature/Cardshop) ^^

You just walk up to the (usually) hefty fella behind the counter and ask.  There are also sets of different kinds of dies that you can get, as showcased by Rooflefighter.

:help:

December 29, 2003, 06:02:16 PM
Reply #54

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, actually I just googled 'dice', I've never heard of the site that has that image. My own collection of twenty-odd dice is nowhere near that impressive. I have twenty-five (or so) joob-joobs myself (though I did not know them under that name. I like "glass beads", or as I refer to them in the rare cases that I play Magic: "My precious lifestones! Noooo..."). Alongside my die collection, I also have a 4x9 box of d6. I don't consider them part of the collection, as enlarging your collection by buying thirty-six similar dice smells of cheating too much.

Why buy dice? Are you mad? WHY NOT?

He who dies with most dice, wins.

Oh, and thank you guys (smell the sarcasm?) for resurrecting a past addition of mine. Off to the geekpit I go, to part with my money. I can see the happy expression in Dirk's eyes already...
Oh right, that reminds me: I'm not a geek just because I know that the name of the eldest employee of the geekpit (this particular geekpit is called Gandalph (and yes, it is far older than the movies (omg, so many parentheses (or is that parenthesises (omg, even more!)?) inside each other!)). I'm doomed, ain't I?) is called Dirk and have a friend who plays DDR and console games with him regularly, am I?

December 29, 2003, 06:28:33 PM
Reply #55

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
this particular geekpit is called Gandalph (and yes, it is far older than the movies)
You lose infinity billion geek-points for that blunder, you preppy I-shower-with-other-men jock.

December 29, 2003, 07:03:11 PM
Reply #56

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Oh, and thank you guys (smell the sarcasm?) for resurrecting a past addition of mine. Off to the geekpit I go, to part with my money. I can see the happy expression in Dirk's eyes already...
Oh right, that reminds me: I'm not a geek just because I know that the name of the eldest employee of the geekpit (this particular geekpit is called Gandalph (and yes, it is far older than the movies (omg, so many parentheses (or is that parenthesises (omg, even more!)?) inside each other!)). I'm doomed, ain't I?) is called Dirk and have a friend who plays DDR and console games with him regularly, am I?
no....*snigger*......of course not.... :p

December 29, 2003, 07:18:02 PM
Reply #57

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I'm not a geek just because I know that the name of the eldest employee of the geekpit (this particular geekpit is called Gandalph (and yes, it is far older than the movies (omg, so many parentheses (or is that parenthesises (omg, even more!)?) inside each other!)). I'm doomed, ain't I?)
this, GOOOLD BABAY!! GOOOOOLD :D
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

December 29, 2003, 07:46:45 PM
Reply #58

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
He who dies with most dice, wins.
Blantant rip-off of Infinitum's sig.

December 30, 2003, 07:52:48 AM
Reply #59

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You lose infinity billion geek-points for that blunder, you preppy I-shower-with-other-men jock.
Why? I meant to say that the shop existed before LotR became "fashionable". Back when the shop was opened, only the books existed, so only about one fifth of the world population knew about the name.