Author Topic: A Problem With Regs.  (Read 5334 times)

August 15, 2004, 05:59:15 AM
Reply #20

Lito

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Its not a matter of time, but a matter of ease.  Its hard to heavy train a hive with tight corradors because skulks are upsidedown, left, right and hard to shoot while onos's stomp can affect the whole team at a time.  JPs are obvious choices for some hives, they just need a bit more organization.
Go, go, go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
Go, Johnny, go, go, go
aah - Johnny B. GONE
sig images must not exceed 22kb -DHP

Thanks to Bijiy for help on the sig
Japanese Lesbian Kissing ftw
Waffles aer teh lews.

August 15, 2004, 07:17:58 AM
Reply #21

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Its not a matter of time, but a matter of ease.  Its hard to heavy train a hive with tight corradors because skulks are upsidedown, left, right and hard to shoot while onos's stomp can affect the whole team at a time.  JPs are obvious choices for some hives, they just need a bit more organization.
[snapback]26285[/snapback]

Dude Man....get a good GL.  Clears out those little halls like nothing.  The hard part is finding someone who can hit a running skulk with it.  As a rule, they run in packs, but with a GL, if you hit one, you get them all.  It's a wonderful little inferno machine!  <3
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

August 15, 2004, 03:33:07 PM
Reply #22

Legionnaired

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I'm getting better with them, drop me one if you ever feel like dropping the res, I'll do what I can.

August 15, 2004, 05:24:33 PM
Reply #23

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Okay, I just had another one of these. Lots of regs, again. We started owning the map, totally. HD was there- he Onos'd twice, I believe. If not 3 times. What I find just plain STUPID, is how people don't even look where things were before. Here's an example:

Me: Everyone, go go go go, hit the hive now now now!
3 people die
Person 1: Comm, where's the jetpack? Drop us the jetpack? What kind of stupid f*** comm are you?
Me: ITS RIGHT WHERE IT WAS BEFORE GO GO GO GO
Person 2 dies
Person 1 Dies
Person 3 dies(out on the other side of the map. Worlddeath).

...and from there we slowly lose. I mean, my GOD people seem to be getting stupid.

Howabout we get that "Banhammer" reputation for the server going again? You know, we ban you if you don't follow our rules, and we be as strict as possible? I honestly don't feel like we'd be doing anything wrong if he just shoved them out of the way saying "Fine asshole, move it then."

August 15, 2004, 07:25:41 PM
Reply #24

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Perhaps you need reservedreserved slots, heh.

Man, seriously, I love JPs and they're sweet when they work, but its just too much to ask for any pub.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 15, 2004, 08:59:50 PM
Reply #25

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Quan, did you stay or leave that game? I can't remember for sure. I think you left. If you did, Mouse started comming and the 'rines won (cuz he took over for someone today and won).
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

August 16, 2004, 12:30:23 AM
Reply #26

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Hafaf, bad games are fun!

Well, jetpacks can be a win-all or lose-all, I remember awhile back I just handed out jetpacks and shotguns, no orders, no phasegates, just dropped RT's for those who asked and JP's for all, and we won :D. It was on hera too, very jetpack friendly hives ;).

Good jetpackers are a must have even if you are doing well, good jetpackers can secure just about anything fast :D.

I recall a bad game on eclipse once, the round before people followed my orders(get me rts!) and we did well, got full upgrades and got PG's and TF's in two of the hives and a PG outside the last and just dropped weapons and spammed weapons and ammo hafaf, even though the aliens were kind of clueless, it was still pretty nice having people do the right things even though we could have just LMG rushed the hive without any PG or medspam and won. The next round I had a few of the same people, and a few of the aliens. I hopped in the CC and told people to get me nodes, and told a few people to get specific nodes. It all worked out well until I tried to get a few people to push on eclipse(their hive). Only a few people went and the PG died so I told them to go again and less people went, even though I told them to wait for their team. Then I handed out shotguns and told everyone to stay in base for a shotgun rush. Now I had a whole team of shotgun rambos(except one or two who stayed in base, but not for long) and they just ran around and were just skulk bait! Now a few minutes later they had onos, so I handed out the big guns and told people to stay in base, had people ramboing some more and one guy stole a HMG from one of my respected players. Boy was I angry over my mic! Now I think I just sat there yelling at everyone for a bit and dropped some more IPs since obviously we had a lot of people dying and we had a few big guns lying around. The onos came in after we had lost all our weapons except for a GL. I promptly left that game, since I had played a lot of those type of games as the marine/alien.

This is kind of the reason we have reserved slots on our server, for hopes that the server is filled up with people who don't run in circles then accidently TK a friendly heavy armor because he heard a chuckle. The problem is the other players whom are also enjoyable cannot get in, and our res slotters all tend to have a time range when they play NS causing some less enjoyable games and empty server at other times of the day.

Now quaunaut, the reason why we aren't as strict now is mainly because accidents do happen, and people can learn. Hell I myself usually get about 3 teamkills each time I play even if im on aliens, and I usually don't bite/shoot unless I feel I have a clear shot :/. Also, you can get an unreasonable commander or an incompetent commander or the waypoint may possibly be lamed up with a cloaked onos and the commander wants a team of less-skilled players to rush in and clear the room out with LMGs. It's tough to enforce the "obey your commander" unless you get some guy just jumping into the nothing holes or humping the armory for 10 minutes as it is too, mainly because you could disobey your comm and help out your team, like I prefer to go cap some nodes instead of rush that hive to help with res flow and not TK any teammates, or someone could argue that they were trying to follow the comm's orders except they took a wrong turn and didn't realise it because they heard a skulk. Also, following orders efficiently is a skill thing too, so if we kick everyone who cannot do X task perfectly then we might as well call it "Lunixmonster Vets Only" or something of the likes.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

August 16, 2004, 07:17:24 AM
Reply #27

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Quan, did you stay or leave that game? I can't remember for sure. I think you left. If you did, Mouse started comming and the 'rines won (cuz he took over for someone today and won).
[snapback]26350[/snapback]

Yeah, I heard he did. I'm almost sure someone is gonna say this though: See, he sucks, someone else came with the same team and won."

Don't think your right there. People like teamwork only for so long :p

August 16, 2004, 08:27:04 AM
Reply #28

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah, who knows why we won. We could of won probably even if you stayed. Just would of took some time (took a bit with Mouse too). HD was as annoying as hell in that game. :p He kept getting too much res and going onos. Anyway, some of the people didn't listen, but I thought I did as well as some others.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

August 16, 2004, 10:22:53 AM
Reply #29

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
you're too nice and well adjusted qua, that, and you sound like someone from RvB.

here's what you do. you take a nice sheet of paper, and give yourself a  papercut , let's say.. right across your toe knuckles. now squeeze some nice lemon juice in there. NOW comm. let the rage flow freely! use names! use more yelling! give waypoints ad infinitum until your marines go. beacon those rambos, give them another waypoint, more yelling. use lots of "dang, damn, for god's sake". try to avoid calling into question the player's skill or their sexual proclivities as it relates to desert snakes, a large glass of fermented orange juice, and a gas powered hand vise.

keep ragin', keep them moving.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 16, 2004, 03:20:59 PM
Reply #30

Asal

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
you're too nice and well adjusted qua, that, and you sound like someone from RvB.

here's what you do. you take a nice sheet of paper, and give yourself a  papercut , let's say.. right across your toe knuckles. now squeeze some nice lemon juice in there. NOW comm. let the rage flow freely! use names! use more yelling! give waypoints ad infinitum until your marines go. beacon those rambos, give them another waypoint, more yelling. use lots of "dang, damn, for god's sake". try to avoid calling into question the player's skill or their sexual proclivities as it relates to desert snakes, a large glass of fermented orange juice, and a gas powered hand vise.

keep ragin', keep them moving.
[snapback]26399[/snapback]
THE MASTER OF COMMRAGE SPEAKS!
Asal 'The Unforgiving'
Fedaykin, Warrior of the Desert Mouse

"I will live to be immortal...or die trying!"

August 16, 2004, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #31

Kodiac

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
i might have to try that.....

Thats what happens.  Whenever you are about to win, the team says "Hey! We're winning.  Why sohuld i listen to a loser like my comm?"  and they run away.

Also, i beleive that hopeless games are the most fun.  Mainly because the winning team gets lazy, and then poeple like me, true masters of t3h 4r7 of 1337 n1nj4, can casue MASSIVE problems.  IE:  phase gates at hive, hidden sensories in ms, mysterious disappearing res towers, etc.  And then theres the human factor.  In a game where the marines are winning, sometimes a nebulous entity known as the "Alium Cornmando"  appears. This mythical creature is the aliens messiah, and leads them to the holy land of victory.  Then, if Aliens are winning, the same thing happens to hte marines, except they get the Mythic "Front Line Leader".  The marine in question is the one who is ALWAYS where the commander wants, and the teams respects and trusts said marine.  
Hence, i like joining the losing team.   Its not like my lack of skill would hurt it if its losing already, right?

WARNING: BY NO MEANS DOES THIS HAPPEN EVERY GAME.  IF IT DID EVERY GAME QOULD LAST FOREVER AND NOBODY WOULD HAVE FUN.  I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEN ONLY SEVERAL TIMES (no more than 5)  OVER THE COURSE OF A YEAR AND A HALF OF NS.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:46:42 PM by Kodiac »
Kodiac teh Pirate Bear
One part comm, one part cheerleader, 3 parts cuddly bear

August 17, 2004, 05:55:18 AM
Reply #32

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
[...]beacon those rambos[...]
[snapback]26399[/snapback]
I can see that one before my inner eye. "Off to cap doubleres!" "No, wrong way, back to start." *beacon* "Now, try again: Double res!" "No, you ran in the opposite direction, back to start." *beacon* "You know, I'm not letting you go until you move to doubleres."