Author Topic: Fun?  (Read 8073 times)

August 11, 2004, 09:39:58 AM
Reply #20

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
i dont' know about the rest of you, but i'm thinking.. who voted A?

DUH DUH DUUUUUUHHHMMMmmm.

the world will never know, like how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? and yes, i know, Mr. Owl is supposed to know, but i knew him,  and he was an idiot with a flair for wearing stupid hats and glasses (the goof had 20/20 vision).
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

August 11, 2004, 11:20:53 AM
Reply #21

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://
the world will never know, like how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? and yes, i know, Mr. Owl is supposed to know, but i knew him,  and he was an idiot with a flair for wearing stupid hats and glasses (the goof had 20/20 vision).
[snapback]25840[/snapback]

my dad once had a tootsie pop with the tootsie roll on the outside :ph34r:
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

August 11, 2004, 04:29:13 PM
Reply #22

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
lmfao, 33 to 1.....Ahahahaha.

August 11, 2004, 04:35:01 PM
Reply #23

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
i voted A
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

August 11, 2004, 04:57:37 PM
Reply #24

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
Shoulda guessed it v_v

Seth's a winnar!

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

August 11, 2004, 05:17:56 PM
Reply #25

Spear

• Lerker

• View Profile
i voted B thou winning is also fun for me :D

August 11, 2004, 07:49:31 PM
Reply #26

bunny

• Lerker

• View Profile
deffinately a b for me, i remember one game, we knew we had lost as rines, so mr bill goes ahead and turret farms the HELL out of MS, and i mean turret farm, we lasted up to   round 45 mins in that one room and killed around 2 onos and a few fades, granted we died, but it was one of the best games ive played so far.  :lol:

August 11, 2004, 08:35:14 PM
Reply #27

Hida Tsuzua

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
I went with B as I want fun.  However more often than not, many losing games aren't that fun.

Lamarck's Heir
Thanks to Dubbilex for the sig and Pjofsky for hosting!

August 11, 2004, 09:04:39 PM
Reply #28

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
b. "b"y far. haha. im so funny.
[snapback]25637[/snapback]
hafhafhaf HD

I voted A just to get seths back, and becuase any game of NS is fun [albiet sometimes obscenely frusturating] in my humble oppinion
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

August 11, 2004, 10:12:35 PM
Reply #29

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
b. "b"y far. haha. im so funny.
[snapback]25637[/snapback]
hafhafhaf HD

I voted A just to get seths back, and becuase any game of NS is fun [albiet sometimes obscenely frusturating] in my humble oppinion
[snapback]25894[/snapback]

eh i don't think every game is fun cause there have been a few games where i've been on the winning team only to have no fun at all due to idiots, lamers, and griefers. granted that was on a different server where the admins didn't give a care
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

August 12, 2004, 12:01:27 AM
Reply #30

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Why make a poll like this?  Its akin to asking if you would rather A. clean your room, or B. Have your fingers slowly broken 1 by 1.

Of course people are going to chose to have fun... but you get abosolutly no useful data from asking the question, as you don't adress nearly any of the issues involved in the having of fun, and the winning of games.

GG scientific method  :(
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 12, 2004, 07:41:36 AM
Reply #31

Asurada

• Skulk

• View Profile
Of course people are going to chose to have fun... but you get abosolutly no useful data from asking the question, as you don't adress nearly any of the issues involved in the having of fun, and the winning of games.

well I agree with you, but there are some people out there who just want to win and blames the whole team or other people if they lose. To me, playing with those people I will try helping him to achieve his goal (winning the game), so he/she will shut their mouth.

I hate people who complains about the comm and no skills to back it up. Those people take the fun out off everything.
waffles! waffles! waffles!
>>COMM CAN YOU DROP ME SOME WAFFLES?<<
waffles! waffles! waffles!
<(^o^<)no waffles for Lito!!!(>^o^)>

August 12, 2004, 10:22:21 AM
Reply #32

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
well, Losing a game as alien is actually NEVER EVER fun. I have yet to remember a time when losing as Alien was even SLIGHTLY fun and not frustrating and angering.

And I know why its so angering. Because Losing on Alien is heartbreaking because you put in all that time and effort into dropping RT's chambers, hives, etc. Getting your team in order, finding out who's doing what and going what. and then.....

All of that just to have your hive Killed by a few Shotgunners, Or to sit and try to break the inpenitratible walls of a well defended Seige Base.

Its like building a wonderful sand castle only for it to be owned by a giant title wave, Or fat kid missing a diving football catch and landing straight into it.

But on Marines, you simply just take the weapons, hold E for 15-50 seconds to get some buildings up and follow your waypoints. If you get pushed back who cares? Last stands are quite fun for Marines.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 10:30:24 AM by Diablus »

August 12, 2004, 12:44:40 PM
Reply #33

Malibu Stacey

• Skulk

• View Profile
Diablus has a very good point.

August 12, 2004, 01:44:43 PM
Reply #34

A Boojum Snark

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Indeed he does. I got me to thinking I imagine alien losses are much like what a comm feels now and then when the marines lose. I myself have never commed, but it similar to what Diablus was saying, you put so much time and effort into it only to lose.

August 12, 2004, 04:25:20 PM
Reply #35

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Its really annoying if as an alien you're giving 100 percent and dropping what the team needs, only for the team to turn around and shaft you because none of them can be bothered to drop res, kill rts, drop chambers, drop hives, guard you while you put a new hive up, etc.

Depressing.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

August 12, 2004, 06:39:37 PM
Reply #36

SwiftSpear

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • my site
Its really annoying if as an alien you're giving 100 percent and dropping what the team needs, only for the team to turn around and shaft you because none of them can be bothered to drop res, kill rts, drop chambers, drop hives, guard you while you put a new hive up, etc.

Depressing.
[snapback]25991[/snapback]
The curse of the permagorge.  There really should be a teleportation feature in NS, when a gorge calls for help, any player can teleport to his position.
<------OOOooooOOOoo, Hyperlink!
Final Hope Faith, COME ONE COME ALL

August 13, 2004, 06:23:15 AM
Reply #37

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
*runs into marine start and calls for help*

August 13, 2004, 08:24:10 PM
Reply #38

Major Chrome

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
I went with A just to be different.

August 15, 2004, 10:32:29 AM
Reply #39

Decimator

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
Well lolfighter, if you run into marine start as gorge you wouldn't last more than a few seconds, so it wouldn't be that bad.
Alert code one.  The temperature is twenty degrees below zero.