Author Topic: Ick  (Read 4575 times)

May 31, 2004, 12:04:15 AM
Read 4575 times

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
Joined one of my friends on some random CS server today and alls I have to say is ICK, no wonder I quit counter-strike! If the password ever gets removed im putting it back up :p, have to fire me before I let it go without a password. Especially since you can't mute people.

But yeah, playing a nub game of NS is more fun than that was >_>, couldn't tell if anyone was cheating either because everyone was all "LOL IM ON CRACK BUT I COULD POSSIBLY BE USING ON OF THE NEW VERSIONS OF OGC ^___^". There was also slight lag and every so often some message would scroll the bottom of the screen.

The Bottomline: CS sucks unless you play with a small group of friends, then it is only half-bad and enough fun to play for a few hours going "LOLOLOLL AIMBAWT OLLL ^_____^" only to be knifed in the head. Now THATS what I call fun.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

May 31, 2004, 09:29:07 AM
Reply #1

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

May 31, 2004, 11:03:50 AM
Reply #2

Anarki3x6

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Ick
pubs suck .. bad . nuff said  ^_^
-_^

May 31, 2004, 11:20:45 AM
Reply #3

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
Ick
In a discussion on IRC last night, AgentOrange made some very intelligent commends of NS player elitism, and how NSers in general think its hilarious to bash CS because they have more idiots and hackers. A great point that was brought up that I completely agree with: the fact that NS has only a fraction of the playerbase that CS has. I can guarantee you that if NS had as large a playerbase, there'd be just as many idiots and hackers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 11:21:48 AM by Grimm »

May 31, 2004, 11:24:05 AM
Reply #4

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
Ick
But not on LM servers. People sometimes seem surprised that we have 1000 admins. HAH! I say. If we did open up the CS server to the public for even one day, I bet I could up my ban count by 50.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

May 31, 2004, 10:07:43 PM
Reply #5

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
In a discussion on IRC last night, AgentOrange made some very intelligent commends of NS player elitism, and how NSers in general think its hilarious to bash CS because they have more idiots and hackers. A great point that was brought up that I completely agree with: the fact that NS has only a fraction of the playerbase that CS has. I can guarantee you that if NS had as large a playerbase, there'd be just as many idiots and hackers.
NS players bash CS players because they are Ex-CSers, I am not bashing CS players, I am bashing CS and bad servers. I used to play on a CS server which my friends brother hosted, I had lots of fun but got bored with the game mainly because it was always the same thing over and over, and people who were cheating/exploiting always did the same things and everyone accused everything of hacking too.

I don't like crappy servers, I don't like what CS has turned into, I don't like elitist NS players*cough*vets*cough*, and I don't like how people try and claim that CS is realism, when obviously people dont die instantly from getting shot in the foot on the same place twice.

Oh yeah, I don't think CS has more hackers/exploiters in a ratio wise, just look at most of the top NS clans. The idiots of NS tend to stay together while the idiots of CS tend to fight amongst each other too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 10:08:58 PM by StUpId_Fo0L »

June 01, 2004, 12:12:53 AM
Reply #6

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Ick
I don't like what NS has turned into, but I havn't made any threads dedicated to how I willingly played a game I quit for a reason to talk about how bad it still is to me. Sure, I've made comments  here and there, but in the end its fruitless to make negative threads to complain about a game. There are at least a million other things you could be doing aside from making said negative thread, and at least a million games you could be playing aside from the one you don't like.

June 01, 2004, 07:04:29 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
Rather simple: CS is THE mainstream game. NS is not. For someone to have heard of NS, he needs to be a semi-serious gamer, or have friends that are. And the complex nature of NS scares away those who have only a rudimentary grasp of videogames in general. CS is different. It has a huge name for itself. EVERYONE knows CS, probably even your grandmother. And as such, if a random Billybob wants to try "them there video games", it's CS he goes for. Hence the higher concentration of smacktardyness: It's the only game the smacktards have ever heard about.

June 01, 2004, 07:23:27 AM
Reply #8

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
Haf, I don't like what NS has turned into either, wait... bugfixes.... balancing... oh wait, I like what it has turned into :p. I played CS for a long time when I disliked many things about it and I only complained moderately, but each patch just made it worse :p. But, the newer patch seemed to fix a few things.... Not enough for me to go back to playing it again though, seeing as all the people playing it regularly right now I would rather not pub with in large numbers.

I STILL HATE CS FOR NOT ALLOWING YOU TO MUTE PEOPLE THOUGH, WHY WONT THEY FIX THIS(in teh menu).

June 01, 2004, 07:37:56 AM
Reply #9

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Ick
What are you talking about? Muting people is as easy as finding their name in the player list, in the menu when you hit escape.

If by 'bug fixes' you mean making electrified structures that can zap aliens from 10 feet away and a knockback bite that launches marines across the room, then sure you could say they've improved. And by 'balance' you mean marines who can dominate long range and close range, can take down the alien's supposed tank with a handful of light machine gunners, and stall the end game by at least half an hour through their turret spam, then yeah, that's worked out great.

June 01, 2004, 09:03:05 AM
Reply #10

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Ick
pubs suck .. bad . nuff said

I agree with you 99.5%. Pubs DO indeed suck a mountain of ass the size of 4 onoses. But in the thousands of retarded CS server out there, there are a couple of them that are actually (dare I say...) fun to play in.

These are ppl who are sick of llamas and the tires of what CS has become. I've been in a few server with extremely tight rules (somewhat like LM). This server was a blast to play in. AWPERS were kicked if they abused, same with shields and pretty much any exploit of any kind was bannable.

If Penguin Down ever goes public, i would be happy to moderate the server the way you guys take care of LM. It would make a great server.

June 01, 2004, 10:07:59 AM
Reply #11

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
I have yet to find a good CS server besides PD. Does such a thing really exist? I guess it's just hard to find when you have maybe 5 good servers out of 10,000 on steam...

June 01, 2004, 11:23:20 AM
Reply #12

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
Ick
A knife in your head is always fun.
<3 for linking to nuklearpower
i knew of a server, but it died a few weks after the steam public release

rip "the Rice Paddy"

June 01, 2004, 01:22:47 PM
Reply #13

-Lancer-

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Ick
I have yet to find a good CS server besides PD. Does such a thing really exist? I guess it's just hard to find when you have maybe 5 good servers out of 10,000 on steam...

Indeed it does, but good luck finding them. I think your success rate is about 1.5% <_<

June 01, 2004, 01:28:14 PM
Reply #14

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Ick
If PD ever went public, we would need about 10 more admins
And an easier way to do global bans O.o

Yea, the CS pubs are horrible.. not even worth playing on

June 01, 2004, 05:17:50 PM
Reply #15

Diablus

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
Ick
Pubs would be good if people didnt give a crap about thier score.

I mean I played in a 32 slot de_dust 24/7 server. Biggest mistake of my cs gameing.

No shields, or smoke. but awps were allowed....

out of 16v16, at least 10 of the Ts were awp rushing behind the mp5ers/akers. It was such a Awp fest you heard 1 going off every 5 seconds it seemed, and on ct side there were less awpers but they were just as bad v_v , along with 1 wallhacker using a awp and using it when all the comotion of gunfire was going on.

I was so disgusted at the fact that so many people can take a game, exploit it and whore a weapon so much. that it Loses the fun of the game... I dont find killing a guy in 1 shot fun at all, oh wait no.. cs is about how many kills you can get.. my bad.... thought it had some teamwork in it too... guess i was wrong

June 01, 2004, 10:39:24 PM
Reply #16

fatty

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Ick
AWPERS were kicked if they abused, same with shields and pretty much any exploit of any kind was bannable.
since when were awps and shields "exploits" ?

June 01, 2004, 11:35:20 PM
Reply #17

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
Only in your hands, my good fatty, only in your hacking hands.

June 02, 2004, 08:14:12 AM
Reply #18

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ick
Exactly. Would you even KNOW about PD if you hadn't been a part of the LM community beforehand? PD is probably not the only good CS server out there, it's just that they're hard to find among all the junk.

June 02, 2004, 01:35:59 PM
Reply #19

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Ick
I find it funny when servers block specific weapons, without telling anyone when they connect.
Or you get admins abusing powers when you do something like buy a shield.

Can't people see the shield was designed to stop the camping in the resuce missons, and is easily countered by a strong offensive?