Author Topic: An Actual Hacker  (Read 5710 times)

April 18, 2004, 09:19:30 AM
Read 5710 times

Berger

• Lerker

• View Profile
Here is a video of an actual hacker, by the name of Mayday. I just thought some of you might like to see this, considering the amount of spectating and accusations that go on around here.

[EDIT: Link fixed. I'm a smacktard.]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 09:37:33 AM by Berger »

[C*B]Berger :|: berger.txt

April 18, 2004, 09:23:50 AM
Reply #1

Clashen

• Legacy Reserved
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
So... Why do the link go too Microsoft.com  :blink:
Would be intresting too see a NS-hacker ingame tough.
<snip>, your sig image is, or rather was i suppose, 48kb, max size is 22kb. - DHP
<zing>, your mom is, or rather was i suppose, 200kg, max size is 100kg LOL - clashen

April 18, 2004, 09:35:55 AM
Reply #2

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Nope - Berger's just a smacktard.  :rolleyes:

*EDIT* Perhaps I'm also a smacktard - just enter this in your URL bar and hit enter
Code: [Select]
nonoobs.com/misc/kk.rar
*edit2* Bandwidth exceeded perhaps?  it's currently downloading for me, at 54%...

*edit3* I guess it's just limited to one download per connection at any given moment.  Link should work.

*edit4* olo haxor.  I just hope uranub sees this.... <_<

*edit5* and dev too
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 12:41:44 PM by Dubb »

April 18, 2004, 01:27:21 PM
Reply #3

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
I just thought some of you might like to see this, considering the amount of spectating and accusations that go on around here.

YOU HACKER!!!!

:ph34r:
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

April 18, 2004, 01:46:56 PM
Reply #4

Squats

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://rinkerconsulting.com
OK, I've watched that video several times now, and I can't see the hacking. What's he using? Aim bot? Wallhack? Both? I've seen people I didn't think were hacking look more "suspisious" to me than that, so clue me in.

Squats
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

April 18, 2004, 02:02:08 PM
Reply #5

Berger

• Lerker

• View Profile
He's using aims, and just aims. He admitted to it and left the community. I'm kind of just trying to make a point here. He does have the cheat set very loose, so it doesn't track as perfectly as you may have seen before. Some suspicious things are when he knifes forlorn, and the very first kill, where he tracks the path of the skulk's leap perfectly. There isn't any one thing that makes it obvious, like the 'snapping' a lot of hackers end up with, but all together it becomes very suspicious.

April 18, 2004, 02:31:17 PM
Reply #6

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
berger's last post sums it up pretty well, he was obviously a smart(to a degree, was blatant a few times in this), from just seeing this in fast motion its very, very hard to tell he's cheating, if it was in a demo format it would be a lot easier for everyone to view, so if you can do that i'd appreciate it berg :p this doesn't help the unskilled eye at all, but it is an interesting show of how hard it may be to catch cheaters sometimes =/

April 18, 2004, 03:15:55 PM
Reply #7

MrMojo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
ftp://public@nonoobs.com/k.dem

I'm pretty sure this is the same demo.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
   Embrace this moment,  Remember, We are eternal
                All this pain is an illusion

April 18, 2004, 03:28:40 PM
Reply #8

Berger

• Lerker

• View Profile
What's the password mojo?

[EDIT: nvm, password is 'public' silly me]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 03:29:56 PM by Berger »

April 18, 2004, 05:23:26 PM
Reply #9

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I saw a fair amount of snapping, myself  :blink:

I mean, his sensitivity looked quite uber high if I do say so myself.  Aiming with that degree of accuracy with such a mouse sensitivity without an aimbotter of any kind is quite hard.

*shrug* - that's just what I saw.

April 18, 2004, 05:30:37 PM
Reply #10

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
That is one laggy demo. I can't see anything because it lags so much.

April 18, 2004, 11:42:30 PM
Reply #11

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Not the best demo really. The spec's view jumps around to a bunch of people. And it is awfully laggy as well.

Also, why are you complaining about the spectating? Do you want us to stop spectating and just ban anyone that seems a little bit good? You should be happy if you see two or three admins specing one person and deliberating. Lots of servers all you have to do is kill an admin to get banned. We aim for a higher standard here. If you'd rather go play on the servers where no one bothers to check before they start throwing accusations about, feel free. Otherwise, don't complain about the way things are done here.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

April 19, 2004, 02:07:53 AM
Reply #12

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
He's saying he dislikes the overly paranoid attitudes at times, and that in dubio pro reo is not just a legal term but a good bit of advice when dealing with your fellow players too. Can't blame him for trying to lighten the tense situation a bit.

That, and its just much healthier to not assume everyone that kills Redford is a haxer :p
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 02:08:36 AM by SaltzBad »

April 19, 2004, 08:23:53 AM
Reply #13

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Posting videos of hacks is something i've wanted to do for a while, purely so if people are going to throw around accusations, they can at least know what the hell they're talking about.

So i'm gonna post a bunch of videos in this thread of different hacks. I'll make more later, when i have a bit more spare time.

Anyway, first up is your basic lambert (model brightening) hack and a basic wallhack.

Download (4.6mb)

This is encoded in the Xvid format. Head over to doom9.org or do a google search, if you don't already have it.
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

April 19, 2004, 08:29:26 AM
Reply #14

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
Couldnt hear you D:

April 19, 2004, 08:38:02 AM
Reply #15

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
very interesting there and consequently that was the first time i've seen the lambert hack in action.  i've seen a few aim bots and wall hacks in action while i adminned a few ahl servers back when it was a mod with a good backing  v_v
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

April 19, 2004, 10:06:19 AM
Reply #16

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Couldnt hear you D:
That's because there's no sound to keep the filesize down. Also because with running NS, fraps and the wallhack, it was choppy as hell and you couldn't hear me. I might do a voice over for future ones.

April 19, 2004, 10:41:56 AM
Reply #17

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Ok, now some more videos, this time the aimbot and my personal favourite, ESP. Once again these videos are in the Xvid format.

esp.zip (1.6mb)
aimbot.zip (3.5mb)

A few words, i am using a crap hack, i've tried all three of the "best" hacks, and had an endless amount of crashing, so i've been forced to use a hack which isn't, well, any good. The aimbot plain sucks really.

Anyway, ESP does lots of funky things, and what's best (worst?) about it is that the other players would have no idea.

ESP shows the player's health, armour, weapon and if they're reloading. Ontop of that, as you can see from the video, it can also make them glow making them easy to spot, and also put this nice little spike ontop. Sure you still have to be able to shoot to use it, but it gives a massive advantage to the player. Also it can help no end as a skulk for determining which targets to attack in a group, based on their health or if they're reloading.

Now on to the aimbot. This aimbot is really crap, i can't believe i bothered to use it. Basically it has a massive range of settings which you can tweak to aim at any specific joint or bodypart of a model. As you will tell from the video, i couldn't be bothered to set it up to hit a skulk, therefore i missed 100% of the shots. The setting in the video is what you'd expect an aimbot to do. The player has total control until an enemy comes into a certain cone of view (User configurable, including 45, 90, 180 and 360 degrees), and also the option to fire on lock. Other types of aimbots are cheeky little ones which will only lock on fire, meaning that there's no tracking, making it a bit harder to spot. But depending on the size of the cone you want to lock at, it can be really obvious because the view will make that tell-tale "snap" that everyone expects from an aimbot.

Anyway, when i get the hax working properly again, i'll record another aimbot demo displaying the different modes. Also i'll show a few other hacks that aren't featured in the one i used for testing.

Thanks to Sonic for being my gimp. :)

April 19, 2004, 10:48:32 AM
Reply #18

sonic

• Fade

• View Profile
That aimbot really did suck :p