Author Topic: Gimme Script Hax Plz Kthx  (Read 5818 times)

March 23, 2004, 11:21:24 PM
Read 5818 times

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Okay, I've had a few problems with trying to do this in the past, so heres what I'm trying to configure somehow in HL :

1. 3 binds for Weapon2
When I go into config and set a 3rd bind to weapon2, it erases one - usually the '2'. I only use it for comming, but thats the problem - I'd like that to remain. On a second that, I'm an idiot - its off to the config.cfg I go, durr.

2. Double-ammo drop
Its really annoying that i have to hit e-a twice although I never see a good reason to drop someone a single pack of ammo (since most people call for ammo when they have less than 1 full clip anyway, and giving them new ammo each clip is dumb). Is there a way to get 2 ammo packs to drop at a time?

3. Jump+forward
I've tried all the plus and minus combinations here, but somehow whenever I attempt to bind that (even via alias), it doesn't work. Is this part of the scriptblocking that disallows semicolons ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2004, 11:31:19 PM by SaltzBad »

March 24, 2004, 12:06:22 AM
Reply #1

CForrester

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
3. Jump+forward
I've tried all the plus and minus combinations here, but somehow whenever I attempt to bind that (even via alias), it doesn't work. Is this part of the scriptblocking that disallows semicolons ?
I would think that...

alias +fjump "+forward;+jump"
alias -fjump "-forward;-jump"

Should work, if you haven't tried that. I'm not a scripting genius, though. I prefer to do things the old-fashioned way.

Also, it's not part of scriptblocking to disallow semicolons. All it disallows in wait and special, I believe.

March 24, 2004, 12:46:46 AM
Reply #2

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
I'm a nub myself so I don't have many good suggestions... I know that it usually helps to throw in a 'wait' between things if they seem to not be working...

what's the function of having 1 key for forward and jump simultaneously anyway?  

since i don't have any concrete answers as I am a nub too -- I'll try to broaden this thread and ask if anyone has any convenient aliases/scripts they'd suggest...

only convenient aliases I have are a +use toggle so I can type/do other things while building/armory humping... and a script to shoot 5 pistol shots rapid-fire, because I got sick of everyone shooting their pistols faster than me =P

btw is this the best alias for that?

alias pist "+attack;wait;-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack;wait;-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack;wait;-attack"

March 24, 2004, 02:36:03 AM
Reply #3

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Wouldn't you be able to bind +attack to mwheelup or so, to make it all a bit easier without waits?

March 24, 2004, 02:47:15 AM
Reply #4

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
buh, I tried that too because I know a lot of ppl do it that way... but I tend to not be able to move the mousewheel any faster than I can click the mouse button =p maybe I've just got a crappy mousewheel... at least an alias is consistant...

March 24, 2004, 03:57:29 AM
Reply #5

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
2. Double-ammo drop
Its really annoying that i have to hit e-a twice although I never see a good reason to drop someone a single pack of ammo (since most people call for ammo when they have less than 1 full clip anyway, and giving them new ammo each clip is dumb). Is there a way to get 2 ammo packs to drop at a time?
I doubt that's possible; as far as I know commander hotkeys do not exist as bindable commands.  Even back in 1.04, when they did exist, such a script was not possible because the hotkeys were designed to only function if alone in a bind.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 03:57:40 AM by a civilian »

March 28, 2004, 12:06:22 PM
Reply #6

Lucid

• Lerker

• View Profile
1. Set your config.cfg to readonly, or make a file called userconfig.cfg and put your binds in that. Make sure you have the line: exec userconfig.cfg   in your config.cfg.

2. As far as I know, you can't script commander actions such as ammo.

3. CForrester seems correct...

alias +fjump "+forward;+jump"
alias -fjump "-forward;-jump"

...should work

In response to DiscoZombie:

Doing it your way really sucks because you are stuck while executing that script. You can't use any other commands. Instead use this script. It fires once when you press your mouse button, and fires again when you let go...

alias +pscript "+attack;"
alias -pscript "-attack; wait; +attack; wait; -attack;"
alias pscripton "bind mouse1 +pscript; bind <any key you want> pscriptoff;"
alias pscriptoff "bind mouse1 +attack; bind <same key that you picked> pscripton;"
pscriptoff

other useful scripts...

//sound toggle scripts
alias voiceon "voice_scale 2; bind F2 voiceoff; echo voice unmuted;"
alias voiceoff "voice_scale 0; bind F2 voiceon; echo voice muted;"
alias soundon "volume .8; bind F3 soundoff; echo sound unmuted;"
alias soundoff "volume 0; bind F3 soundon; echo sound muted;"
soundon
voiceon

//build and showmap toggle script
alias +mt_build "+use; wait; +showmap;"
alias -mt_build "-use; wait; -showmap;"
alias buildon "bind KP_LEFTARROW +mt_build; bind <any key you want> buildoff; echo map_build script ON;"
alias buildoff "bind KP_LEFTARROW +use; bind <same key that you picked> buildon; echo map_build script OFF;"
buildon

go here for my 50 demo script: DEMO SCRIPT

March 28, 2004, 11:11:53 PM
Reply #7

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
lucid, I like your idea for a pistol script, I'll try it out instead of mine, because it IS annoying to be stuck for the second or so mine is working... especially if I hit it more than once...

also, you don't have to make another script file exec through config.cfg -- just make a file called autoexec.cfg and HL automatically execs it after (or before?) config.cfg... I keep all my aliases in autoexec.cfg...

March 29, 2004, 07:20:06 AM
Reply #8

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Ah, that pistoling thang works nicely - simply reduces the amount of clickyness by 50%, and thats all I'd ever ask for.

The jump alias seems to for some reason mash up controls though, its odd. Keeps taking me in my previous direction and all that jazz.

March 29, 2004, 08:00:24 AM
Reply #9

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Don't get too comfortable with these scripts. For one thing, they're usually lame and the more scripts you rely on, they less your skills will improve. For another mp_blockscripts will eventually be turned on for the server. And that blocks wait, special, exec, and the semicolon. If you can think of a way to script around that, I'd be mightily surprised.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

March 29, 2004, 10:03:47 AM
Reply #10

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
Meh, I can pistol both ways - theres no real difference except less clicking. But it does have a certain retardedness to click 10 times to empty a pistol into one spot, with all due respect for any skill one can see involved in that.

Other than that, yeah you could probably just change your LMB to instant double click in the windows settings instead and get the same effect.

And the jump 'script' wouldn't be blocked. I guess thats why it doesn't work perfectly :p

March 29, 2004, 03:50:10 PM
Reply #11

Lucid

• Lerker

• View Profile
lucid, I like your idea for a pistol script, I'll try it out instead of mine, because it IS annoying to be stuck for the second or so mine is working... especially if I hit it more than once...

also, you don't have to make another script file exec through config.cfg -- just make a file called autoexec.cfg and HL automatically execs it after (or before?) config.cfg... I keep all my aliases in autoexec.cfg...
actually, autoexec.cfg is execed before config.cfg. That will write over any of your custom settings if they conflict. userconfig.cfg is a new (i think) feature. The exec userconfig.cfg line will stay at the end of your config.cfg thus executing it after everything else.

March 29, 2004, 03:57:12 PM
Reply #12

Lucid

• Lerker

• View Profile
mp_blockscripts is the worst idea ever imagined. Lots of peopel use totally different binds for aliens, marines, gorge, commander, etc. So any they would switch teams it would be like "BRB guys gotta go spend 10 minutes rebinding k?"

maybe some scripts give you a SLIGHT advantage but so doesn't buying an optical mouse, $500 video card, or large monitor, things that not everyone can afford. Scripts however, can be used by anyone and they don't do anything that you cant do without them.

March 29, 2004, 07:38:07 PM
Reply #13

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Lucid: Up to a point, a Video Card doesn't matter. Monitors don't matter at all, large or small(as long as its close enough when small, and don't say it hurts your eyes, it doesn't).

And either way: Scripts are used to abuse much more than for skill-enhancement. I use none and I'm damned good if I do say so myself.

March 29, 2004, 09:29:06 PM
Reply #14

DiscoZombie

• Skulk

• View Profile
I don't see why there's anything to argue against in making a script that helps you click faster... I really don't think it detracts from your skill to not have to give yourself carpal-tunnel syndrome clicking at light speed...

March 29, 2004, 09:50:08 PM
Reply #15

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Bind mwheeldown +attack
Bind mwheelup +attack

Wheeeeeeeeee!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

March 29, 2004, 09:59:56 PM
Reply #16

SaltzBad

• Gorge

• View Profile
That makes it slower and less accurate than I even click :p

March 30, 2004, 09:31:36 AM
Reply #17

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
when i get home im gonna try to make a skulk wallwalk script that replaces +forward with +moveup, +left to +moveleft etc
i'll try to make both toggle and hold versions

and i've never seen the point in pistol scripting, doing it the old way lets me stop shooting when the target dies or retreats and is almost as fast

March 30, 2004, 11:18:25 AM
Reply #18

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You cannot drop two ammopacks at the sametime on the LM, because there is an anti-ammo/med spam plugin installed ^_^, but you can spam them the time apart that the plugin allows you to..... I know its less than a second....

I reveal penis I know psychology.

March 30, 2004, 09:23:48 PM
Reply #19

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
script is 'done' but annoyingly buggy, it works fine and then decides to bite you where it hurts most, over and over again.