Author Topic: Ns_thorstation  (Read 28988 times)

October 21, 2004, 02:58:28 PM
Reply #80

Grillkohle

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Some more feedback, after we just played a round.
It seems to me (I was commanding) that the generator hive is a little too close to nanogel, making it easy to get a 2 hive lockdown. Otherwhise, all seems good, except for some mysterious FPS issues in command mode that Wither mentioned (I did not really have any, my machine can handle it).

October 21, 2004, 03:16:45 PM
Reply #81

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
as an alien/marine going into ms will cut into your fps and almost to the point where lagging out happens
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

October 21, 2004, 05:03:18 PM
Reply #82

Magmatron

• Onos

• View Profile
Yes, this map was pretty harsh on my fps. I generally get 40-60 fps on most NS maps, but I topped out on 30 on thorstation today, and went as low as 9. This is without any action going on around me too.

TyrNem...blah blah blah

October 21, 2004, 05:12:02 PM
Reply #83

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
Well, since revB i was able to cut about 150-200 rspeeds off Nanogel hive... i have the marine start on my chopping block right now.
God, I'm old.

October 21, 2004, 05:48:07 PM
Reply #84

Dark

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
the room with the windows looking out into space seem to cut into ness's fps as well

*sighs* i really need to learn all the names of the rooms on thorstation v_v
er.. which doohickey is the capacitor? and not a FLUX capacitor right?!? cuz then i'd have to put it in my Dolorian..
[/b]

October 21, 2004, 06:18:32 PM
Reply #85

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
It seems to me (I was commanding) that the generator hive is a little too close to nanogel, making it easy to get a 2 hive lockdown. Otherwhise, all seems good, except for some mysterious FPS issues in command mode that Wither mentioned (I did not really have any, my machine can handle it).
[snapback]31757[/snapback]

Maybe I need to adjust the commander height.  

As far as Nanogel and Generator hives being closer together than Nanogel is to Watertank... they're equidistant, if you take into account the tunnel that opens into the back of Watertank.
God, I'm old.

October 26, 2004, 08:38:22 AM
Reply #86

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
[snapback]31757[/snapback]

Maybe I need to adjust the commander height.  

As far as Nanogel and Generator hives being closer together than Nanogel is to Watertank... they're equidistant, if you take into account the tunnel that opens into the back of Watertank.
[snapback]31780[/snapback]

Just please, for God's sake, make the CC thing close enough that I can hear my marines and everything thats happening down there. I remember some maps having these rooms where Command mode is really far down, and frankly, its aggrivating for a comm to not hear when his marines are getting hit/shooting/asking for something. Remember, Sound>Sight

October 26, 2004, 09:01:34 AM
Reply #87

Plaguebearer

• Gorge

• View Profile
Any cmdr height adjustment would put the commander closer to the rines, since what i'm looking at is a way to lower the number of things visable to the cmdr at once :D
God, I'm old.

October 26, 2004, 09:27:11 AM
Reply #88

Quaunaut

• Skulk

• View Profile
Any cmdr height adjustment would put the commander closer to the rines, since what i'm looking at is a way to lower the number of things visable to the cmdr at once :D
[snapback]32024[/snapback]

Exactly. Thats always nice.

October 26, 2004, 12:06:03 PM
Reply #89

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah that would be a nice adjustment Plague. Whenever I comm, I hate maps where you are so high up that it's hard to see your marines and such.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

October 26, 2004, 03:03:41 PM
Reply #90

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I'm not sure if it's a problem with most maps, or with the game itself, but I don't like it when I have to position myself a special way as commander to be able to drop meds or ammo.

November 12, 2004, 07:56:18 AM
Reply #91

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I would like to help you playtest this next time theres a playtest