Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 5566 times)

March 02, 2004, 02:26:08 AM
Read 5566 times

DysFunction

• Lerker

• View Profile
I have made 2 maps and the same thing happened on both of them. I have seen it happen on ns_weldsiege too. I followed 2 different tutorials and I seem to have everything that my map needs to work. I have a ready room with 4 entity bound brushes to join marines, aliens, observe and spectate & 32 spawn points. I have a marine start with a command console with 16 spawn points and a nearby res node. I have 3 hives with 16 spawn points each and a res node nearby. Whenever I compile the map and load up NS and try to join a team it just pops me back in the ready room. I loaded the game up with -dev and found that it is giving this error: AvHGamerules::SelectSpawnPoint(): all spawns full. I asked a Mapper from Guns4Back2School who has made many working maps and he said it is very strange & it must be some bug. I have asked a few people on IRC and they didn't know either.

March 02, 2004, 05:31:12 AM
Reply #1

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Just a guess, I haven't done any mapping..
Don't you need a func_teaminfo or something like that.. I'm fairly certain you have to tell the game which team is team1 and which is team2...
Try making sure the spwan points are for the correct team

March 02, 2004, 09:45:08 PM
Reply #2

DysFunction

• Lerker

• View Profile
The entity for that is called info_gameinfo and yes I do have one. I also have specified the correct team for all of the spawn points :(

March 03, 2004, 08:11:34 AM
Reply #3

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://
Hmmm you might try the mapping questions forum on natural-selection.org/forums, or #nsmapping on gamesurge. I'm not sure we have enough pro mappers around here to answer your question in a timely manner.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

March 03, 2004, 11:39:50 AM
Reply #4

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
This happens on the server on the official maps all the time, usually at the end of a round when the hive/IP dies.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

March 03, 2004, 01:46:09 PM
Reply #5

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
well, genrally when this error apears it means taht the spawn points not availible:) there  are three causes.
1. info_team_starts are located in the floor, note they aren't quite on grid ever.
2. the team flags are set wrong, all team one or all team two, thus the other team cannot join
3. RR being retarded, this seems to happen alot. if it does  use the jointeamone or jointeamtwo commands in console and try that way
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED

March 03, 2004, 04:49:18 PM
Reply #6

DysFunction

• Lerker

• View Profile
my info_team_starts are above the floors and the marine start ones are set for Team1 and the Alien ones are set for Team2. I tried using jointeamone and jointeamtwo in console but it just keeps me in the ready room  :wacko:

March 04, 2004, 06:13:32 PM
Reply #7

confused!

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://www.confusionville.net
...ok
well, The next thing i gonna want to see is the compile log or the .map itsself. if you like i would be more than willing to take a look at both. if you want to send me the .map or .rmf email them to confused@confusionville.net and i'll take a gander.
HUEG SIGNATURE IS NUKED