Author Topic: Classic 3.0 Working Fine  (Read 6090 times)

February 02, 2004, 11:05:14 AM
Read 6090 times

MrMojo

• Legacy Reserved
  • Lerker

• View Profile
I've been informed numereously that Free SunnyD can't play NS maps because of the lag. I have played on other servers with NS maps and had no lag, and no one else reported it.

Well, we eventually got the admin to change the map to ns_veil.

I was the comm, and we played a pretty quick game with a decent amount of objects. I, for one, have experienced absolutely no lag during the entire process.

I'm not sure about everyone else ( there were a lot of regulars), but if you played during that game, please post if you had lag or not.

If it doesn't lag, I hope the NS maps will be back on the server. Maybe something like "ns map, co map, ns map, co map" would work out the best.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
   Embrace this moment,  Remember, We are eternal
                All this pain is an illusion

February 02, 2004, 11:59:15 AM
Reply #1

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Explain 80% CPU use on ns_nancy then.

Explain 50% CPU use on ns_eclipse.

Sorry, I'm tired of the whining and the complaining, so we stay co_ only for now.

Want NS? Play on LM.
To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 02, 2004, 12:14:00 PM
Reply #2

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://
Ah so LM is more concerned about the CPU usage than the lag.

Fair enough.

I kinda like combat for that brief 5 minutes where you don't worry about disconnecting because you have HA and a big gun. I hate doing that in a vanilla game. Makes me feel all guilty.

FIX THIS!

February 02, 2004, 01:09:50 PM
Reply #3

Lightning Blue

• Overlord Penguin
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    The Story Never Ends
    • STEAM_0:0:1372
    • View Profile
    • The Lunixmonster
Actually, the horrible CPU use is what causes the lag :p

And it's a PIV 2.8, so it ain't the server, sorry >:D
To the stars!

insert witty line here

February 02, 2004, 01:12:04 PM
Reply #4

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Also, while one NS map might not be that bad, play several in a row. It gets worse and worse until the server dies.Ping 1000 isn't fun.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:12:14 PM by Uranium - 235 »

February 02, 2004, 01:52:35 PM
Reply #5

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yeah we played a couple of regular NS games yesterday. The lag was pretty normal. I'll be happy as long as we can vote for a regular NS map every now and then.
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

February 02, 2004, 02:41:03 PM
Reply #6

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The maps can be voted in or switched by an admin, but don't even try it with nancy. Something is way wrong with that map. I'll occasionally switch it to ayumi just because that is such a beautiful map. <3

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 02, 2004, 04:09:42 PM
Reply #7

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
Nancy looks like the old version, but it needs to be tweaked for preformance and balance (I have yet to see a alien win)

February 02, 2004, 08:06:19 PM
Reply #8

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
The maps can be voted in or switched by an admin, but don't even try it with nancy. Something is way wrong with that map. I'll occasionally switch it to ayumi just because that is such a beautiful map. <3
Oh tis a beautiful map alright. I might even go as far to say that it's my favortie new one.

February 02, 2004, 08:58:38 PM
Reply #9

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
ayumi has, by far, the greatest sekrat room

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

February 02, 2004, 09:18:34 PM
Reply #10

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
how does one get to the sekrat room on ayumi? btw?
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

February 03, 2004, 12:03:52 AM
Reply #11

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Yep, played a game on ayumi today and lag was no problem right up until the end. It's just like the map reaches a certain number of entities and the lag goes SPIKE. Just that one too many OCs or turrets or something kills it.

Didn't they have a big lag problem back in the olden days of 1.x? I thought it was fix0red long ago.

And yesh, I've heard that there are secrets on ns_ayumi and co_daimos and in the new ns_nancy. If someone knows how, show meeeee!

Also, if you want maps with REAL secrets, get a copy of action half life some time. I can show you maps with secrets faaaaaaaar more complex than the map itself. We spent a WHOLE day figuring out the secret in ahl_5am. Ahhh, good times.

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

February 03, 2004, 12:17:41 AM
Reply #12

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
I don't know where the one on Daimos is (very few people even understand the whole egg, as there's hidden text in the secret area) but I can show you nancy, two of three metal eggs, etc.

February 03, 2004, 06:57:12 AM
Reply #13

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
ns_nancy's secret room is awesome. You go behind the bar and press the use key by this box-type thing on the alien side; then crouch and walk through. Then you're in another room and you go up to the wall opposite of where you enter and do the same thing. Then you're in nancy's disco/party room complete with lights and music!

February 03, 2004, 09:54:54 AM
Reply #14

Sancho

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Yes, bob, 1.0 had problems with too much CPU usage that caused the servers to lag like crazy.  1.01-4 corrected this and cut the CPU usage in half or something.

February 03, 2004, 10:18:21 AM
Reply #15

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Yes, bob, 1.0 had problems with too much CPU usage that caused the servers to lag like crazy.  1.01-4 corrected this and cut the CPU usage in half or something.
Anyone remember the old MS in eclipse. How I miss those double doors. And the recessed CC. It was a great version.

But oh, do I remember the 1.0 days. I miss them.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

February 03, 2004, 11:50:32 AM
Reply #16

BlaqWolf

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
rad4Christ,Feb 3 2004, 05:18 PM] But oh, do I remember the 1.0 days. I miss them.
which is why i think we should have a 1.04 weekend or night or whatever...

that would be so fun  <3 (HUGE chambers)
*In Soviet Russia, armory humps you!

February 03, 2004, 02:57:23 PM
Reply #17

Grimm

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/grimmus
I've only experienced the lag on ns_ maps in 3.0 when theres a lot of people, like full server 'lot' (16 people?). Same for every 3.0 server I've tried, even on co_ maps sometimes (especailly when theres 10 people on each side).

February 04, 2004, 04:08:08 PM
Reply #18

BigD

• Skulk

• View Profile
Okay...after playing 5-6 ns maps in a row...with about 5-6 ppl sometimes just me and another...ping would get to 500+ for no reason...but no one gets REAL LAG...its just high ping..no affect on gameplay...NOTE this ony happened on Ns_hera the other maps ran fine