Author Topic: Operation Impending Dewm Iii  (Read 8029 times)

November 19, 2003, 03:51:47 AM
Read 8029 times

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
Posted this on the NS boards buuuut...

Okies, I mentioned this in IRC to one or two people but I suppose I should stick it in here...

Asheron's Call 2 has a 15 day trial; the only thing it uses for this trial is a hotmail account, no credit card details are used and if you don't supply payment details once 15 days is over it just stops you playing with the account, no loss, no worries, no problems :)
I've already tried it once and used a seperate hotmail account to do the trial again (just to check it works so I can join in on this idea) but basically, while it's planned to be a one-off you can do it as many times afterwards as you want (and the scary thing is, MS even kinda suggests at this saying you should bring some friends along while you're doing it... good stratedgy to get people hooked I guess =P )

The idea is: We all start a 15 day trial account at the same time and have a giggle together =D

a few things to note about AC2: there's 3 races and each starts at a different town, outside of that people should end up pretty much starting in the same place as each other (thought it might've changed since I last played for all I know).  Basically it shouldn't be too hard to find each other regardless ~nods~
If enough interest in the idea picks up I'll start a list of people's AC2 names and put up stuff like the download address and some guides maybe so we can contact each other once we all start, start at the same time and have a rough clue what to do; the general idea is just to make sure we know what's gonna happen and how to catch everybody before the big event.

If you've never tried an MMORPG before then this is probably your best shot; there's no money needed, no credit details and if it goes well then there'll be a lot of people you already know in the game universe starting up along with you ^^

Well... what do you guys think?  It can't hurt right? :D

edit 1: The only things you need is a hotmail account; no personal details or anything are asked for... because it's MS run, they just ask you to login with a hotmail account =3

Actually for the heck of it I'll include the download link now: rowr!

the download is 900MB so anyone willing to give this a shot might as well start now =s
Install it and stuff if you want but to ensure it goes to plan try not to actually run and register it until everyone's ready: that way we can all jump on at the same time and have a nice big 15 day takeover on AC2 ^^

Only question really is... who's interested and should it be the EU or US servers? :p

edit 2: Right!!! Time to get organised!  If you're joing I just need to do the below, step 2 is pretty much optional but if you don't follow step 1 I probably won't know you're coming and be miffed with you when you turn up on my doorstep like a lost kitten :p

1) could you guys either email or PM me with the following stuff....

a ) US or EU server preference (ie: I want US or I want EU)
b ) Have you got it downloaded yet?  If you have...
c ) Have you registered and if so...
- 1 ) is that the account you're joining in this little thing with?  And if it is...
- 2 ) how many days do you have left?
d ) What days are good to start on (if you haven't already)

If you've decided you're 100% sure you're going to play a certain race that'd be kinda handy to know as well I guess, though it's possible when you try and make a char you may change your mind because you don't like any of the faces or skin colour or whatever, so it's not important really =3

I assume if I get a message that you're 100% in and if I don't get your message by the end of the day I assume you're definitely not coming.
If you're not sure and want to know more just either post here or bug me about it :)
Remember, if you've not played an MMORPG before this is probably your best chance at giving it a go; even if you don't think they'll be your thing it's free and it'll be with several other people you already know so why not consider it at least? ^^

2)  Uh... once I've got dressed and had breakfast and stuff I'll probably wander over to the #naturalselection IRC room...  While PMing/Emailing me the above details are good it'll help us work out the finer details and it means we can kinda chat about it and stuff.  

I still wouldn't say no to any volunteers who are going tumerok or lugian to help out guiding whoever starts as those to the meeting place (which I'll go on to AC2 and work out based on what can be reached equally easy by all 3 races :D ).

A few things we'll probably have to consider is how we're gonna play the game: Caravan style (where we trek about as a giant group or 2) or free-style (more freedom to do what you want but more hastle for me and less people to help you when a particularly nasty monster you bump into in a field decides it wants to use your leg as a toothpick XD ).  Bleh, we can chat about them on IRC anyways, or if you have any particular questions and you're too lazy to hit the NS chatroom (shame on you!) just PM me and I'll answer as best I can.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 02:53:26 AM by Geminosity »

November 19, 2003, 06:35:41 AM
Reply #1

Xodlike

• Lerker

• View Profile
Okay...
*downloads for heck of it*
Hrmm itll be done when I come back from school i suppose.
Will it let me use a @msn.com account instead of @hotmail?

November 19, 2003, 08:40:42 AM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
... and I'm in here too. And yes, @msn.com is perfectly acceptable.

November 19, 2003, 09:45:05 AM
Reply #3

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
is there anybody in here that doesn't read the NS forums anyways now that I think about it? ^^;

November 19, 2003, 10:08:10 AM
Reply #4

Xodlike

• Lerker

• View Profile
MACs arent that friendly with Invision >_<..oh well. Its most likely already done. But im at school, trying to h4x0r away at there server...anyone know a good program thats kinda like gotomypc so i can access my comp from anywhere...

November 19, 2003, 03:31:18 PM
Reply #5

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Ack ac2 is too easy, if you know what youre doing you can reach max level in two weeks..... ac is a lot better. Also I dont read teh ns forums :D.... but yeah theres not much to do in ac2 at all, I can play freelancer longer without getting bored <_<.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

November 19, 2003, 03:37:24 PM
Reply #6

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
maybe but freelancer hasn't got a 15 day free-trail we can all play together in :p

edit: there's a new hero system that extends it to 150 levels and gives you super herioc super powers too now.  Oh, and by the sounds of it you missed the 'slaughter' patch where they basically turned the monsters into walking gods and the deathrates went skyrocketting through the roof ^^
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 03:39:17 PM by Geminosity »

November 19, 2003, 03:41:56 PM
Reply #7

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Damn...I actually really wanna play this.  

gg wireless crap.  It would probably take me around six weeks to download this mofo....  :p  :lol:

November 19, 2003, 05:24:20 PM
Reply #8

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
What server do I play on?

November 19, 2003, 05:32:19 PM
Reply #9

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
ahhh!!! don't register yet!!! lol

okies, that's it... when I get up I'm organising this whole shebang properly =P

November 19, 2003, 11:33:38 PM
Reply #10

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
to ensure it goes to plan try not to actually run and register it until everyone's ready
Just making sure nobody missed that pretty important part.

November 20, 2003, 02:53:57 AM
Reply #11

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
new details editted on =D

November 20, 2003, 12:13:16 PM
Reply #12

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
sounds interenting.  :D  I'll try it out.
This is going to be some kind of reunion, isn't it?

November 20, 2003, 12:53:29 PM
Reply #13

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
I'm in.. already dled, haven't started an account yet.

November 20, 2003, 05:32:03 PM
Reply #14

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
im in the middle of downloading, but count me in as well.

I might be a lugian or tumerok since I never really liked playing as human in any game.
is there a page on their site that gives race descriptions and the pros/cons of choosing that race?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 05:37:25 PM by ThoraX »

November 20, 2003, 07:25:20 PM
Reply #15

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
hope this helps: http://www.microsoft.com/games/ac2/heroes.asp

I'm thinking we might aim for sunday, though if that's annoying for too many people we can make it sat or monday or whatever =3

edit: saturday ^^
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 07:41:49 AM by Geminosity »

November 21, 2003, 07:52:41 AM
Reply #16

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
It's definitely saturday now? And have you decided on the server yet?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 07:54:19 AM by lolfighter »

November 21, 2003, 08:48:54 AM
Reply #17

Geminosity

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
most likely dawnsong (EU) though I'll be posting exactly which one on the day so check either here or the ns forum before you jump in on saturday ^^

November 21, 2003, 10:08:37 AM
Reply #18

ThoraX

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
this saturday? as in, tomorrow?
GAH! must... attempt at... downloading... for... the... fourth time!  ^_^

November 21, 2003, 12:37:16 PM
Reply #19

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
I signed up yesterday just to make sure everything worked, but I can easily make a new account if needed :)