Author Topic: unGoogleable Music, very unusual  (Read 5678 times)

July 14, 2006, 11:45:32 AM
Read 5678 times

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Never before have I found a song to which I can't find the lyrics, nor the name. Googling any of the lyrics in it turns up absolutely no search results - and trust me, I've tried a lot.

Can anyone please tell me what this song is?

Here it is

I will be very grateful if you do :)
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

July 24, 2006, 02:08:56 PM
Reply #1

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
If you dont know where its from, how did you get a sound file of it?
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

July 24, 2006, 02:28:46 PM
Reply #2

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
I tried to listen for a good sentence of lyrics, specifically from the chorus cause thats what most people hear

but I couldn't =(
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 26, 2006, 01:49:10 PM
Reply #3

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I can hear the lyrics, I want to know he got the file from. Just in case there's more clues there...

July 26, 2006, 11:56:34 PM
Reply #4

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
while it's a remote possibility, it remains a possibility nonetheless.

I'm sure others have noticed as well, but... if you listen the quality of the recording is rather.. poor. You can hear a LOT of noise. Now, my headphones currently aren't working properly, so I can't crank it up with them to tell you exactly what's happening.

What I HAVE done is turned it up with my house speakers so I could try to distinguish WHAT that noise is coming from.

Here's what I found. It might not be easily recognizable with computer speakers (I'm an audiophile.. crazy about music and sound, if you're curious).

The opening background noise: I'm not 100% sure without my headphones... but it sounds like it was recorded. I cannot yet tell if it was from a radio (previous recording) or whether it was live (if I had my headphones.. I could probably make a pretty accurate guess). Edit: Some of it sounds like movement... person recording moving, possibly to a better position. At 10seconds you can hear a "solid" (like.. a knock) sound, something that would not be in a studio recording (or it would be removed). Also, at several intervals after... there is "popping" noise, would also not exist after a studio recording.

Using a pair of lower quality ear buds... I'm guessing it was recorded live. Noise settles after about 35-ish seconds, audio quality noticably increases (possibly from finding correct placement/settings). However, the voice never loses that "boxed in" sound; it's a very, VERY slight echo... you typically don't find it in publically released recordings.. or even in demo CDs. You can notice it at the 52-54 second mark with the words "saltier tears" (no, it's not because she places emphasis on the words, the same effect is not as evident at the 39-40 second mark but the emphasis is the same).

Again, I might be wrong but it smells full of "secondary recording" or live recording to me. What does this mean to you? It might be a "new" song by a private artist. Think more about it and you'll understand why you have trouble finding lyrics for it.

Why might I be wrong? In the last 20 seconds, the audio quality skyrockets, especially after the introduction of the eletric guitar. I have no clue what the hell just happened. (Or it might be the onslaught of a lot of sound just impairing my judgement.. these earbuds are not very good)

However, I'll keep on looking for the artist/song. I'll see if I can make out more of the lyrics too. Where you got the song would be great info too.. =P
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:13:04 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

July 27, 2006, 01:10:36 PM
Reply #5

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'm pretty certain I could ID the song if I got a source where the file itself was obtained. Even something trivial like "my mate was at a gig at Bar Blahblah in Lalaland and he heard this"... because at least then you can check the Bar for any bookings.

July 27, 2006, 09:37:13 PM
Reply #6

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
It's from a movie. I can't remember what it is, but it looked kinda old - 80's, I'd say, judging by the colours. (this memory is really faint)

I got this song from a clip of that movie. Which, agani, I can't remember the name of :(
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

July 29, 2006, 01:40:17 AM
Reply #7

scrube

• Lerker

• View Profile
while it's a remote possibility, it remains a possibility nonetheless... I'm sure others have noticed as well, but... if you listen the quality of the recording is rather.. poor. You can hear a ...
What I HAVE done is turned it up with my house speakers so I could try to distinguish WHAT that noise is coming from....... You can notice it at the 52-54 second mark with the words "saltier tears" (no, it's not......uld be great info too.. =P
[snapback]56140[/snapback]

Go do something with your life.

In the audio file at :14 - :18 I heard what I believe to be a Cheetohs bag crackling.  At :30 I heard an older woman yelling in the distance.  At :36 I think I heard some anime, perhaps playing from a TV in the background background.  The sound has an echoey effect, suggesting it was recorded in an underground facility.  This evidence leads me to conclude that the sound file was recorded in 2_of_8's mother's basement where he lives.  

I hope that helps you on your quest.

July 29, 2006, 05:29:04 AM
Reply #8

That Annoying Kid

• Legacy Reserved
  • HA Marine

• View Profile
MAC DRE: Cold Crest Creeper, a rapper that would dip-n-yoke quicker than he could pimp-n-smoke, flows  that hit your ears harder than Ike hit Tina. Forced to serve a Nickle but would never drop a Dime.
K.C watch out cause the Bay's down like four flats on a Cadilac.

July 29, 2006, 09:40:13 AM
Reply #9

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
Go do something with your life.

In the audio file at :14 - :18 I heard what I believe to be a Cheetohs bag crackling.  At :30 I heard an older woman yelling in the distance.  At :36 I think I heard some anime, perhaps playing from a TV in the background background.  The sound has an echoey effect, suggesting it was recorded in an underground facility.  This evidence leads me to conclude that the sound file was recorded in 2_of_8's mother's basement where he lives. 

I hope that helps you on your quest.
[snapback]56152[/snapback]

Who are you again?

Right, thought so... Which brings me to my next question, why are you here again?

Exactly.

Anyways, 2/8, I'm guessing you have the lyrics already typed out or something, right? =3 Can you post 'em? =P
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

July 30, 2006, 08:18:48 AM
Reply #10

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
Show me the film clip.

August 14, 2006, 09:01:37 AM
Reply #11

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Heidi Farmer - Still of the Morning

Composed by Tim Westergren, from The Last Best Sunday.

Thanks to all who (tried to) help :p

August 18, 2006, 09:03:40 AM
Reply #12

scrube

• Lerker

• View Profile

August 20, 2006, 09:46:29 AM
Reply #13

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
From the film "The Last Best Sunday".

If you'd told me what happened in the film, I could have found the film, and by extension found the song for you.

In fact I could have done exactly the same thing Jaki did for you and emailed the man responsible for the movie soundtrack.

For someone who would "be very grateful", you're pretty slack when it comes to handing out the information that people need. 3 weeks and no reply on the music forum? Two weeks before you even replied to us here?

Waste of people's time.

August 23, 2006, 11:10:15 PM
Reply #14

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
I didn't know what movie it was from. And I didn't know what the movie was about because I never saw it.

Don't think I gave more info at other places than I did here. If I did, sorry :blush: