Author Topic: This little blessed box...  (Read 3882 times)

June 20, 2006, 05:42:46 AM
Read 3882 times

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
    • http://
OK, so I'm a little late for the Nintendo DS bandwagon, but I just bought two DS Lite's, one for myself, and the other for my wife. And I must say, this little guy is the best console purchase I believe I've ever made. Since we've had them, we've spent more time playing it than any other game system we have (What's WoW again?).

I am absolutley amazed at how fun the games are, and especially the WiFi abilities. I booted up New Mario Bros. last night and my wife downloaded the MP and joined up. The Puzzle games are quick and fun, but MP mario was the absolute win. And Mario Kart DS online or with a friend over WiFi? Hawtness on a stick.

Am I alone in my admiration of such a simple concept becoming the new cornerstone of my gaming habit? Anyone else intoxicated by the DS goodness? Share your experiences with this little box of addiction.

PS. Also, you need to look into the Movie Player for the DS if you have one, it does music, movies, ebooks, and *gasp* GBA/NES roms. I've yet to test the latter feature, but the rest are awesome. This is exactly what I thought I would miss from my PSP, now I have it on DS, with no new discs to buy for movies I already own.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:47:08 AM by [mmi]rad4Christ »
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

June 20, 2006, 06:09:31 AM
Reply #1

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
Considering getting one, if nothing else then for use together with the Wii, which I WILL get :S

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

June 20, 2006, 10:44:50 AM
Reply #2

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
where does one procure that rom thingy?
havnt heard of it....

June 20, 2006, 12:00:40 PM
Reply #3

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
http://www.movieadvance.com/

The CF version allows more emulation and rom plaback, even SNES, but the SD version (which I have) is limited. I didn't buy it for that use, so it's no biggie to me.
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

June 21, 2006, 04:53:30 PM
Reply #4

Necrosis

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I'm going for a DS Lite, with Phoenix Wright, Resident Evil, Trauma Center, and thats my opening gambit.

The next gen console I'm waiting for is the Wii, which I probably WILL buy on launch, and I can guarantee you all that most of my pocket money will be spent on downloading Ninentdo's back catalogue through their online service.
Necrosis killed Holy_Devil with pistol
Holy_Devil: cheater

June 24, 2006, 03:18:11 AM
Reply #5

ANeM

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • Steam profile
I've had my lovely blue DS since around the time Mario Kart DS came out and, while for a bit there it didn't quite tickle my fancy after having beaten Mario Kart, my enjoyment of the system has been somewhat rekindled by the New Super Mario and Lost Magic... and Wario Ware.
Animal crossing however is slightly more teh lose due to its lack of NES games. Who cares if they detract from the focus of the game! Collecting them was the focus of the game for some of us! That and it seems as though villagers in WW are less in need of help. In all my time playing I only really got 2 jobs from villagers, even lessening the sort of goal type feeling to it. Now its just an underfeatured fishing game.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:35:49 AM by ANeM »

June 27, 2006, 07:40:13 PM
Reply #6

bacon_flaps

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Import "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan" and also buy "Elite Beat Agents" when it releases in the US later this year. You're welcome.
signature

June 27, 2006, 11:02:49 PM
Reply #7

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile

I reveal penis I know psychology.