Author Topic: LM Warcraft 3 map!  (Read 12327 times)

April 18, 2006, 04:38:04 PM
Read 12327 times

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well I finally got around to bugging zero for this bugger of a bugger map. Zero is too busy to work on this, potter and myself can make terrain fine(which we did, but feel it needs more work yet), but we need someone to finish the map. The map is a wave-based hero defense map similar to EOTA. I remember when we started this they were plenty of people who wanted to work on this, so I feel it's time we bring back LM into making this grand map.

It's been ages since we started this, would be nice to just get some brainstorms going again just so we are all on the same page.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 18, 2006, 04:40:12 PM
Reply #1

Nooblet

• Legacy Admin
  • Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://www.gorgerush.net
Ok, so are we looking for hero concepts?
Pissing DHP off one sig at a time.
Breaking the respect rule are we? *rolls up sleeves* - DHP
DHP, I love you.

April 18, 2006, 04:44:23 PM
Reply #2

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
I can code triggers too to some extent, and have been doing that, but what I don't feel able to is designing units, mostly concerning stats and whatnot. That should be first priority right now I feel, coming up with some kind of design documents and plan. Some ideas are present, but those are general ideas, no specifics yet. Also i think some of the heroes needs revamping or heck just needs finishing.

Anyway the general outline of the map is an Eve of the Apocalypse kind of map, 3 enemy bases have been made, 1 orc, 1 naga, and one undead base. the defenders will be LM-themed, with admins as the heroes and Res slots of community members as the units helping the players.

Edit: Nooblet, we have some hero concepts, but I think they should be revamped, also I think the heroes are far from balanced, but well, this is something you can work on a bit later, once it's actually playable. Let me just find the original hero design concepts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 04:47:40 PM by Dirty Harry Potter »

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

April 18, 2006, 05:00:53 PM
Reply #3

Dirty Harry Potter

• Onos

• View Profile
here you go, original hero design documents:

Heroes:
- Holy_Devil (Doom Guard): H4x (Invulnerability, Increased Attack Speed), Ban Hammer (Major Dmg to one target. Stuns for time period), Oxymoron (Devotion Aura, Unholy Aura), Lerk Form (Transforms HD into a Lerk. Increased Evasion + AE |Nether Dragon, Nether Drake|)
- Zero7 (Sentry): Tentacle Attack! (Summons tentacles, holds/slows units down), Cute Anime Girl (Fires girl at enemy, puts them to sleep. AE at higher levels), Cult of Zairo Sleekism (Summons a building that spawns worshippers), <Unnamed> (Gives % boost for X worshippers)
    -Edit to zero: Possible Ultimate of Summoning an Angry Temm
- rad4Christ (Priest): Convert (Takes control of enemy unit), Med Carpet (Chain-heal- H/M- More than medspam), Medpack Spam (heals single unit to full health), Bacon! (Ressurects nearby friendly units)
- Niteowl (Owlbear|Wildkin): Summon Meeces (Summons Meeces, 1 @ first, grows as level increase), Consume Meeces (Restores H/M + Stat boosts at higher levels), Hoot ("Roar"), Commrage (Endurance Aura)
- Lightning_Blue (Blue-tinted Firelord): Better Ban Hammer (AE Ban Hammer), admin_slay (%age Area DoT), Reserve Slot (Gives temp buff), admin_god (Invulnerability)
- Architeuthis (Naga): ! squidsignal (Summons Archi to any friendly unit), Grandma Erica (Morph into Grandma Erica), Kinkyness (AoE spell- lowers enemies' attack and armour), LM Twins (Splits Archi into 2, bacon_flaps and Architeuthis. Pandaran Brewmaster)
- Stupid_Fo0l (Kobold Shovellor [Have to change unit model specifically]): Stupify (AoE miss chance spell), Fool (100% miss curse, short duration, long cd), rcon (massive dmg to 1 target - Finger of Death), Summon NedFlanders (Snare & Taunt abilities)
- GrayDuck (Chicken): Flap (Carrion Swarm but with tornados)
- lolfighter <None>: Bananana ("whirlwind")
- JHunz <None>:
- Vinegar_Ninja <None>: admin_bury (Sinks unit(s) for a short period of time), Ninja Hax (Invisibility for a short period of time), Vinegar Spill (AoE of acid, lowers movement and attack speed while reducing armour as well), Abuse of Power (Summons X amount of "abuse" things that are controllable by the player, the "abuse" has an aura that increases attack and move speed, does more damage, but hero must channel the spell for it to work)
- Evangelion_2 <None>:
- Dirty_Harry_Potter <None>: Powerword: Æbleskiver (Pastry), Powerword: Powerword: Papegøje (Parrot), Powerword: Undulat (Budgie), Powerword: ÆØÅ (3 Danish Letters)
- BobTheJanitor <None>:
- Insane^ <None>:
- devicenull <None>:
- Nooblet <None>:

anyway, needs revamping I think especially to get some kind of at least half-assed balance :p Also, noone is saying EVERY admin should be featured as a hero, some of them are not here anymore, and we have some new ones, and some are just downright hard to make up abilities for D:

Discuss.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 12:53:37 AM by Dirty Harry Potter »

this is the .44 Wand, the most powerful wand in the world, so did I fire 5 or 6 fireballs? Now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do I feel lucky? Well do ya punk?

April 18, 2006, 05:03:38 PM
Reply #4

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://
I should get a hero unit or i'm not playing!

April 19, 2006, 09:10:08 AM
Reply #5

Dubbilex

• Legacy Reserved
  • Marine

• View Profile
I should get a hero unit or i'm not playing!
[snapback]55635[/snapback]
YEAH

April 19, 2006, 10:17:24 PM
Reply #6

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
Since all I do now is play wc3 I guess this thread is sleek enough to have  one of my posts.

I can't wait to play it, sounds fun =P

I demand a hero called Sleek that looks like a Satyr :p
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

April 20, 2006, 01:31:30 AM
Reply #7

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
needs more mage

April 20, 2006, 09:09:25 AM
Reply #8

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
damn I love my final power :D

April 21, 2006, 05:42:40 AM
Reply #9

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
for those requesting heroes:

If you couldn't tell from the hero design doc... heroes are ADMINS only. The original plan was to still include the regs in the map, but in a different way.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 05:47:41 AM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

April 21, 2006, 07:18:25 AM
Reply #10

SheenaYanai

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/index2.html

If you couldn't tell from the hero design doc... heroes are ADMINS only. The original plan was to still include the regs in the map, but in a different way.
[snapback]55653[/snapback]

yeah...   i am a stone  v_v

why do i have to be a stone?

i dont want to be a stone...

i want to do some harm....

can i be a exploding stone at least?

April 21, 2006, 11:43:15 AM
Reply #11

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
rofl.

ahh... sheena, that made my day, and a new sig...
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

April 21, 2006, 03:36:28 PM
Reply #12

Loke The Sleek Peruvian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
I suggest lf gets like an aura that increases the damage of nearby units (Command Aura?) called Propaganda

For Niteowl

I'd suggest making a skill called "Summon marines" or anything else he could command(wife?) and instead of Consume meece have Consume so Meeces give HP and the other summons Mana or a short lived boost of whatever. Finally, have commrage increase attack speed, move speed and damage of all summons.

For Zero

have the building be called "Sleek's temple" :p ...I mean after all I am the Popenub of Zairo Sleekism and have the priests named "Dubbilex" for he is the bishopnub.

For Bob:

Cleansing - BTJ starts "cleansing" the target. He consumes HP for X seconds at XX HP per second.

OMG SPRAY - BTJ takes out his cleaning spray, damaging and slowing all units in a cone.

For devnull

Hax Aura - devnull uses his haxing powers to reflect damage taken( or could be a spell) to the nearest enemy unit in a XXX AOE.
 or
[...] to reduce the damage taken by XX%
or
[...] to block a spell every 4/3/2/1 minutes.
I am Sleek.

Are you?

Only in peru would you consider being closer to satan 'winning'... INCA HAX FOR THE WIN!

April 22, 2006, 08:25:39 AM
Reply #13

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Omg, no Malevolent?
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 22, 2006, 09:57:54 PM
Reply #14

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
The thing cuts off below a certain coolness level.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 23, 2006, 04:10:57 AM
Reply #15

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I think its more a certain abuse level :p

May 06, 2006, 02:02:59 AM
Reply #16

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
I didn't get my own hero? :o

May 06, 2006, 07:36:18 PM
Reply #17

Zero7

• Legacy Admin
  • Fade

• View Profile
IR needs to learn how read. . . Seriously, I covered that in post #10 of this thread...

« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 07:38:06 PM by Zero7 »
... *Sigh* When I Get A Sig That's NOT Consider Fan Service, I'll Put It Here
Winnar ! (Knives)
Poofle Pwn!

May 08, 2006, 06:33:47 AM
Reply #18

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
No screenshots? THIS IS ALL A HOAX

May 11, 2006, 12:33:18 AM
Reply #19

duherman

• Onos

• View Profile
    • Q-Dance
IR needs to learn how read. . . Seriously, I covered that in post #10 of this thread...

[snapback]55709[/snapback]

Sorry master.