Author Topic: Dear Sirs/Madams  (Read 3867 times)

April 11, 2006, 03:00:20 PM
Read 3867 times

Arcanum

• Lerker

• View Profile
Hello,

About a year ago or more I played on the LM server, I had good times and LM was my favorite server to play, I never played enough to really get to know you guys but you were my favorite anyway, always a good team effort and mature, reasonable players. A true gem of the online community. Then I took a break for quite a while from NS(gonna have a kid soon and other rl stuff) while I waited for the BUS and other updates and just last night I reinstalled NS for the first time. You can imagine my disappointment when I realized that there was no lunixmonster server anymore.

Anyway: Thanks for all the good times, I love you all  <3

ps Maybe it's time to reinstall tfc whee

April 11, 2006, 03:18:43 PM
Reply #1

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well right now the announcements are inaccurate, sourceforts is what you'll find if you try and connect to what is listed as TFC. Been a bit of a slowdown in relation to mods recently and we have tried out a few different things neglecting to make any new announcements due to minimal forum activity and a large portion of the users still actively around are mainly on the IRC channel.

I reveal penis I know psychology.

April 11, 2006, 03:43:04 PM
Reply #2

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Oh snap, I have been meaning to do a quick newspost on that for a week now.

April 12, 2006, 03:15:55 PM
Reply #3

Malevolent

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
You'll find that NS has gone completely downhill as well. The BUS hasn't been announced. But neglecting that, there have hardly been any NS updates, and the NS forums haven't been up for some time.

EDIT: It appears there has been an update, but it isn't worth mentioning....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:20:27 PM by Malevolent »
It's twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reason.

April 12, 2006, 04:18:37 PM
Reply #4

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile
Except for the fact that it fixes 2 major annoyances in NS.
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

April 12, 2006, 05:22:12 PM
Reply #5

devicenull

• Legacy Admin
  • Marine

• View Profile
As far as I can tell, HL1 is dead, unless we wanted to host a CS server (which is kind of pointless).  

Sourceforts however is pretty good.. you get one or two people playing, 8 more join out of nowhere.

April 13, 2006, 06:33:45 PM
Reply #6

Reasa

• Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
I think Flayra is just waiting for a jet full of rich CEO's and money to crash land in his backyard. That way he can nurse them all back to health and they’ll reward him with hundreds of full potato sacks with dollar signs on them.

To be fair it happened to me once, but I certainly don’t expect it to happen again. Just wish I hadn’t blown it all on stock in Enron…
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:35:35 PM by Reasa »

April 19, 2006, 08:51:18 AM
Reply #7

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Well, NS was never supposed to be the end product, it seems. It was to be a stepping stone, so it was inevitable that Flayra's focus, especially, would shift away from it at some point. What he's doing now and how well it's going, I don't know. Nor is it my business, really.