Author Topic: Half Life 2 Ns Mod?¿?  (Read 8751 times)

January 28, 2004, 03:26:43 PM
Reply #20

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
    • http://
in the sense of not turning this into a flame on ns3.0 i will now shutup and hold my comment to myself. 

now now seth....what would a game be without a lil STEAM of our own to let off once and awhile...

January 28, 2004, 03:30:22 PM
Reply #21

Seth

• Gorge

• View Profile
    • http://go.to/simclarke
now now seth....what would a game be without a lil STEAM of our own to let off once and awhile...
Bliss?  o_O
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 03:30:51 PM by Seth »
Through the mudd and the blood to the green fields beyond, for ours is not to question why our is but to do or die.

And when we die and die we shall to saint peter we shall tell, just another soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell.

January 28, 2004, 03:41:41 PM
Reply #22

SuicidaL MonkeY

• Legacy Reserved
  • Skulk

• View Profile
EXCACTLLY!!!!!!!!! :lol:

January 28, 2004, 03:51:14 PM
Reply #23

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
but then again half of the new maps are such garbage anyways, i was looking out the window on one of them, i was thinking " mountains in outta space? "
Perhaps that map was not intended to represent a space station [edit]or ship[/edit].
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 05:39:28 PM by a civilian »

January 28, 2004, 05:21:34 PM
Reply #24

pjofsky

• Skulk

• View Profile
but then again half of the new maps are such garbage anyways, i was looking out the window on one of them, i was thinking " mountains in outta space? "
Not all maps are spaceships.  Some are space stations, such as ns_hera.

January 28, 2004, 05:39:57 PM
Reply #25

a civilian

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
And some are surface bases.  Isn't Hera a surface base?

January 28, 2004, 06:42:33 PM
Reply #26

esuna

• Reserved Slot
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • bellendsebastian.com
Allow me to vent some mapper vitriol.

The locations of NS can be anywhere that's futuristic. This can be on spaceships, space stations, outposts on planets or moons, hell, astoroids if you want. They could, but haven't been yet, in cities, hell, anything goes as long as it fits in with the general mood of NS.

And to be honest, if you don't like the maps, prove you can do better. Don't bitch about them, show the mappers how it's done. If you can't, i'm sorry, but you have absolutely no right to comment. You don't know the months of work it takes to make an NS map, you don't know the hours of boring compiling, the hours of optimisation and bug testing. You don't know jack unless you're a mapper.

The new maps are looking great, and i defy anyone that badmouths ns_ayumi. It takes a high standard to get a map accepted as official, and it takes a hell of a lot of work. Show some damned respect and shut the hell up. This is why Relic25 left the NS community entirely and turned his back on the dev team, because of people whining about ns_bast. If you don't like a map, don't play it, but don't have the audacity to :Ding whine about it, if you, yourself, can't do any better.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:43:08 PM by esuna »
Hint: Use Guided Mode for helpful prompts

January 28, 2004, 08:24:18 PM
Reply #27

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
And some are surface bases.  Isn't Hera a surface base?
Tanith is, it's a high-altitude chem test facility, hence the chem room.

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 28, 2004, 11:42:04 PM
Reply #28

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
The new maps are looking great, and i defy anyone that badmouths ns_ayumi.
Show some damned respect and shut the hell up. This is why Relic25 left the NS community entirely and turned his back on the dev team, because of people whining about ns_bast.
ayumi is goshdang mothertrucking beeeyoootiful. i lub it.

pity that, i really enjoy bast. think it's one of the prettiest maps around. and have some pretty durn epic games on it. the thing is, i'm sure MOST ns player really enjoyed his work. but the squeeky wheel gets the grease so to speak. i just think that so many of the complainers posted than those who really enjoyed it, he might ahve gotten scewed feedback.

nothing but  <3  <3  for all the mappers and their hardwork to make purdy, purdy maps.
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 29, 2004, 08:39:12 AM
Reply #29

Satiagraha

• Marine

• View Profile
ayumi is goshdang mothertrucking beeeyoootiful. i lub it.
yup, yup. Love the Glass Hallway too.  I <3 windows, you get to see the pretty environment :) .  Although, I've always wondered... It's snowing outside and the ground is covered in snow, yet the building remains precipitation free, same goes for the top of the glass hallway. Futuristic Ice Melters? or OMGSNoWh4X?

We are the shadow that comes in the night and says "ARRR!"
"yarrr I'm gaybeard the butt pirate, and I've come to plunder yer booty!" -TAK

January 29, 2004, 08:43:22 AM
Reply #30

Venmoch

• Gorge

• View Profile
pity that, i really enjoy bast. think it's one of the prettiest maps around. and have some pretty durn epic games on it. the thing is, i'm sure MOST ns player really enjoyed his work. but the squeeky wheel gets the grease so to speak. i just think that so many of the complainers posted than those who really enjoyed it, he might ahve gotten scewed feedback.
I loved Bast.

Well at least theres a Bast Remake in the works.

FIX THIS!

January 29, 2004, 09:35:52 AM
Reply #31

BobTheJanitor

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
And without the forums I haven't been able to keep up on the progress of the bast remake. It was going very quickly last time I saw... I wonder where they're at now? I can't wait to play it!

Lunixmonster: Banning the NS community one smacktard at a time. -lolfighter
there are a lot of aaaa...mmmmm.... "HAPPY" pirates on this ship. -GrayDuck

January 29, 2004, 09:36:11 AM
Reply #32

Niteowl

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
    • http://www.oldf.net
Although, I've always wondered... It's snowing outside and the ground is covered in snow, yet the building remains precipitation free, same goes for the top of the glass hallway. Futuristic Ice Melters? or OMGSNoWh4X?
perhaps the building is giving off a TON of heat. say.. you had fusion reactors for heating, err.. or soemthing that gave you an over-abundance of energy. well, you might spend that on heating the outside of the building so yer pretty facility doesn't get snowed under ;)
"I don't have to know an answer, I don't feel frightened by not knowing things, by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose, which is the way it really is as far as I can tell. It doesn't frighten me."
-Richard Feynman

January 29, 2004, 10:05:25 AM
Reply #33

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
This is why Relic25 left the NS community entirely and turned his back on the dev team, because of people whining about ns_bast. If you don't like a map, don't play it, but don't have the audacity to :Ding whine about it, if you, yourself, can't do any better.

Unfortunately Esuna, I don't have any respect for people that cry and pout and run away. I can't map. Hell I can't even get my one room map to even RUN (something about unable to find .bsp errors), but that doesn't mean I need to show respect for someone who designed the WORST BALANCED MAP in NS (Well, until 2.0 came), refused to fix it (or if he did, he just made it WORSE in 2.0), then cried himself to sleep because he simply sucks at balance and can't take criticism.

January 29, 2004, 10:32:16 AM
Reply #34

Jefe

• Fade

• View Profile
This is why Relic25 left the NS community entirely and turned his back on the dev team, because of people whining about ns_bast. If you don't like a map, don't play it, but don't have the audacity to :Ding whine about it, if you, yourself, can't do any better.

Unfortunately Esuna, I don't have any respect for people that cry and pout and run away. I can't map. Hell I can't even get my one room map to even RUN (something about unable to find .bsp errors), but that doesn't mean I need to show respect for someone who designed the WORST BALANCED MAP in NS (Well, until 2.0 came), refused to fix it (or if he did, he just made it WORSE in 2.0), then cried himself to sleep because he simply sucks at balance and can't take criticism.
You mean Flayra?

*DISCLAIMER*  Do not take the above post seriously.

January 29, 2004, 11:16:17 AM
Reply #35

Uranium - 235

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Flayra didn't make bast. Flayra did make a map and everyone who saw it agreed it was pretty bad :D

But really now, Relic quitting because no one liked his map, that's like GM closing down for good when they hear that one of their cars has a manufacturing flaw in it. Esuna, just because I can't build a jet engine doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain when I find out that it leaks toxic fumes into the cabin. Just because I can't build a nuclear reactor doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain about nuclear byproducts, Cherynobel. Just because I can't make a game like NS doesn't mean I'm not allowed to complain about how incredibly :Ded up balance is, how much worse it gets.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 11:25:21 AM by Uranium - 235 »

January 29, 2004, 11:26:02 AM
Reply #36

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
There is a fine difference between critique and flaming. Flaming is something that nobody is entitled to, critique something that anybody has the right to utter. I don't need to be a mapper to criticize a map. I don't have a driving license, but I can still tell when someone is driving like crap and breaking the rules. Just because it takes weeks and months to create a map doesn't mean that it is something holy that must be revered and worshipped. There is a big difference between flaming a map to kingdom come and making constructive posts about what's wrong with a  map and what needs fixing. That's why you test a map before you declare it done - to get feedback on it. If only mappers were entitled to criticizing, you'd never get a proper testing session.

February 04, 2004, 02:11:46 PM
Reply #37

LzX

• Skulk

• View Profile
I tried my hand at mapping... Counter-Strike mapping is a hell of a lot easier than Natural-Selection mapping... And standard Half-Life maps are just plain fun to make... Man, I made a few fun ones... That's all that matters personally, is the level of fun the map permits... I gotta get back into mapping...  :p  <3

I just realized I'm completely off subject... Sorry :ph34r:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 02:12:45 PM by LzX »
The Original Ghetto Warrior
"okay, so we'll start with the fundamentals... playing a flaming guitar with your teeth..."

Thanks Vanmoch! I love fluffeh kittehs

February 23, 2004, 03:54:28 AM
Reply #38

Insane

• Lerker

• View Profile
Sorry to rain on the hate parade (and to ressurect an old post, but I feel quite strongly about this), but Relic25 did not leave NS because of whining about his map, although there was friction between him and certain members of the community (*cough*veterans*cough*).

He left because of time constraints and real-life obligations.  He has a newborn son to look after these days, and I would imagine that's more important than fixing an NS map, the source of which was lost anyway.
fall with the stars...