Author Topic: Video games are violent  (Read 4080 times)

October 03, 2005, 12:02:33 PM
Read 4080 times

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
    • http://

October 03, 2005, 02:39:09 PM
Reply #1

holy_devil

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
welcome to america. the "loud" people who have the option to speak their stupid views in a court(or whatever, law making process) decide what they want to do. its rather silly, so many stupid things happen =\ first the RIAA, now this. giant waste of taxpayer money, with no explanation. ?!@?? taxation without representation. sup okay.

btw, according to that, they just passed a law stating everyone is an idiot.

October 03, 2005, 04:02:51 PM
Reply #2

aeroripper

• Legacy Reserved
  • Gorge

• View Profile
heh, i've worked in retail and i've sold violent video games to minors before and i really didn't care.  Why? Because 3\4 of the time the kids are buying it while their mom is buying something else.  

Just for kicks one time I sayed they would hafta have their mom to buy GTA:SA (the kid was like 10) and they got their mom and she got all bitchy about me asking for her to buy it for them.  Meanwhile my job says I have to check.

Its absolutely ridiculous and it is NOT my job to be parenting your f'ing kids.  But see when little johnny is having problems in his life and the parents don't know why they see him playing violent video games and then !!! OH MY GOD !!! the games are making him cccraazzy! LAWSUIT

October 03, 2005, 05:42:30 PM
Reply #3

Leaderz0rz

• Legacy Reserved
  • Fade

• View Profile
its easier to blame someone else then yourself

October 03, 2005, 06:01:31 PM
Reply #4

Manta

• Fade

• View Profile
its easier to blame someone else then yourself
[snapback]53878[/snapback]

So true.

October 04, 2005, 11:31:59 AM
Reply #5

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Heh. I once got carded for a game that was 16+. I was 19 or 20 at the time (and I was wearing a beanie - or whatever you crazy english speakers call it - because it was cold outside, and I had it pulled down pretty far). I didn't really think about it, just got my passport out and showed it to her. My friend afterwards pointed out that the game was only 16+ and that the cashier went beet-red when she saw how old I was. I got a little flustered, but after thinking it through for a while, I decided I'd rather have her card me ten times over than not card a 12-year old who looks old for his age. And getting bitchy about a shop upholding the age restrictions on games, that's unacceptable.

October 04, 2005, 05:15:02 PM
Reply #6

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
My balding, beer-bellied, nearly over-the-hill father got carded for alcohol once recently, it was a girl in her 20's so he thought she was coming onto him lol

I reveal penis I know psychology.

October 04, 2005, 10:09:32 PM
Reply #7

Black Mage

• Reserved Slot
  • HA Marine

• Personal Text
    Welcome to the Real World.
    • View Profile
    • bmDOTorg
couldn't possibly be the lack of parenting from the parents

on a side note: i predict a rise in piracy of M rated games
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 10:12:23 PM by Black Mage »

October 05, 2005, 09:32:36 AM
Reply #8

Vinegar Ninja

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• The one and only!

• Personal Text
    Now with 100% less angst!
    • STEAM_0:0:15737634
    • View Profile
I did a reasearch paper on this subject. I agree with the surgeon general. Videogames dont make you violent, all the other factors, parents, friends, community, school setting,  DO. I am much more willing to trust the surgeon general than some backwater hick politician.

October 05, 2005, 02:59:20 PM
Reply #9

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
If I ever get arrested, I'm blaming video games. I've spent a lot of time playing games so if people buy it hey looks like I get out of jail free :). Giving people another reason for getting away with things - priceless.

October 06, 2005, 07:32:05 AM
Reply #10

lolfighter

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Watch it. Use that excuse too often and you'll be carted off to a re-education facility.

October 06, 2005, 02:35:42 PM
Reply #11

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
Watch it. Use that excuse too often and you'll be carted off to a re-education facility.
[snapback]53907[/snapback]
Yeah, you would if you don't so it's worth a try if you can get away with it :p.

October 06, 2005, 02:57:57 PM
Reply #12

rad4Christ

• Legacy Admin
  • Onos

• View Profile
Yeah, you would if you don't so it's worth a try if you can get away with it :p.

Am I the only one who had to read that three times, and still doesn't get it?
tim
Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important. CS Lewis

SheenaYanai
: why do i have to be a stone? i dont want to be a stone... i want to do some harm.... can i be a exploding stone at least?

October 06, 2005, 03:26:43 PM
Reply #13

2_of_8

• Marine

• View Profile

[snapback]53913[/snapback]
Yeah, you would be carted off to a re-education facility if you don't watch it and use that excuse too often. It's worth a try if you can get away with it :p.

That's about it ^_^
Where lipstick is concerned, the important thing is not color, but to accept God's final word on where your lips end. - Jerry Seinfeld

October 06, 2005, 06:59:57 PM
Reply #14

Fewlio

• Legacy Admin
  • Commander

• View Profile
rad4Christ,Oct 6 2005, 04:57 PM]

[snapback]53913[/snapback]
Yeah, you would be carted off to a re-education facility if you don't watch it and use that excuse too often. It's worth a try if you can get away with it :p.

That's about it ^_^
[snapback]53914[/snapback]
Due the confusion, I appear to have misunderstood lolfighter.